Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Chillerama. overlong but perfectly watchable comedy horror. 6/10

(2013) The Evil Dead. 7.5/10

Totally jealous of you all who got to see Evil Dead!

Inside (2007)

I held back from watching this one for so long because I'd heard about what it was based on and didn't think a movie would interest me. Well, it's a mixed bag. They did better than I thought, but it still came across as quite lackluster. The gore is good and the tension was there, yet it didn't grip me. And wow were those characters incompetent! Stretched my disbelief to the limits. Usually horror is bad for this, but Inside took it to the next level.

5/10

An American Werewolf in Paris (1997)
Totally forgot how cheesy the acting was.
At least the werewolves looked cool.

Wrong Turn 5 : Blood Lines ( 2012) fifth and hopefully last of the visibly fading in quality film series. This one is easily the least and the silliest. 5/10

The Cabin in the Woods (credits still rolling as I post)
Tropetastically knowing wink at the genre.

Deadly Blessing
Great spooky atmosphere and rural setting, but the reveal and ending were head scratchers. Still really good. 8/10

Started watching Snow White: A Tale of Terror, will follow that with Frogs.

Evil Dead (1981)

After watching the 2013 version, my son and I had to re-visit the original. As always, it never gets old.

On a side note; my 12 yr old son likes the original better too. Like father - like son.

BAM!  1,000 TTs to Undie for raising a kid with taste. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Warning Sign (1985).  Beating 28 Days later by almost 20 years, this obscure little flick tells the tale of a virus escaping within a government lab which turns those exposed to it into raving, homicidal lunatics.  Not a great flick, but entertaining enough, with a solid supporting cast (including Richard Dysart, G.W. Bailey, Sam Waterston, Yaphet Kotto, Kathleen Quinlan and Jeffrey DeMunn).  6/10.

I liked that movie a lot. I actually heard about it on here years ago fom RIP!

Speaking of RIP, I got an email from him about a month or so ago.  Dude's getting married, AND he's going to be a step-dad!

I don't know if I should be happy for him, or fearful for the kid. lol

Eerie 13...Not a bad take on the zombie genre, some minor dialogue issues for me..But i'm a big Brendan Fletcher fan and Katharine Isabelle was adorable as usual..All in all a good Canadian flick

Evil Dead remake - a truly badass hard R horror film. Awesome special effects, beautifully shot, and the setting was stunning. It was much darker than the original and more effective IMO (not saying it's better than the original) This is what I want more of, not "atmospheric" PG-13 ghost stories that get pumped out weekly by anyone with a video camera. Please go support this movie.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-04-07 00:07:40)

Toxic Avenger 2.  First time seeing it uncut.  No major improvements; just a few previously omitted cheap gore FX (as is per Troma's usual).  Still good for a couple laughs, though.

Evil Dead (2013) 8/10

I loved it just like the majority of all of you. I really don't have anything different to say than you all, it was dark, very gory, with good moments of black humour and it was a blast to watch. Although I will always love the original more, this one is no worse than any of the other Evil Dead films and holds up equally strong next to all of them.
The ONLY 2 things that I were disappointed with:
1. They showed too much in the trailer (though the scenes are obviously much extended in the movie).

Spoilers

2. The abomination could have been more demonic and creepy looking.

END SPOILERS

I hope more gore films are one the way now!

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-04-07 08:34:24)

willard (2003)

Just seen the remake of this movie, I thought this movie being made in early 00s would be a lot better then first movie and a lot more stuff to happen in the movie and better done

I didn't think the willard (1971) was great movie, I thought it was decent movie , I do think that movie was much better then this remake.

I need to compare to first cause I only saw that 2 days ago, so in still really Fresh in my mind.

I didn't really like this remake, cause willard bit stranger in bad, I found it a little confusing at times in the movie, I didn't really buy in connection with Rats at all.

I didn't feel sorry as him as much I did feel sorry willard 1971 movie, they did a better story in this movie, when you get to warm to willard but in this remake it dose not happen, Felt they missing of the story in the movie.

I got be fed with willard as he set up traps after the rats did him favor, That didn't seem to make sense to me.

There are some scenes I just found silly, when the Cats come in the room and runs to chair and then turn stereo on which starts playing Michael Jackson Ben song

That made me laugh so much, I found scenes very funny.

Why did they mess up with the ending, first ending was so much better, This remake had me appreciate (1972) more.

The acting this movie was decent but some of the scenes the acting just way of the top at times, it ends up looking really silly.

4 out of 10 Worth watching once!

Scream 4

Evil Dead (2013 - 8.5/10

It's a solid remake with a hard edge and its balls firmly set in its rightly place. There is no skimping on gore, on any hardcore extremity that should be included in an Evil Dead film, and it stayed true to the fans all the way. There's not much more I could ask for. Go see it, folks! It has The Creature's stamp of approval (thought that might not mean much, but it's there!).

Just finished watching the Thing (2011) for the first time. I found this movie to be a bit more sci-fi the it's predecessor. The Thing's alien origin is known right from the beginning and it changes the way the characters react to it. Overall it was a good movie, some good violence, but less horrifying than the original. It has less of a sense of isolation and is just generally less scary. I also prefered the practical effects of John Carpenter's the Thing, compared to the CG of the newer one.

SEA OF DUST [2009]
Woah man this thing is a freaking BRILLIANT MASTERPIECE!!!
It's the last film Ingrid Pitt which I love and was amazing in this did before she died in 2010. She left us with a wonderful performance. For those that never seen it, just do, you won't be disapointed.
666.666.666/10

The Hills Have Eyes Part 2 (1985) - 6/10

You might think I'm crazy but this really isn't all that bad. Sure the lighting is bad, and it seems slapped together but it didn't come off as much worse than any of the worst Friday the 13th sequels Nd movies of that ilk (by the way nice to hear the Friday score through out the film, it's a great one) it's a pretty standard slasher type movie.
People all over the Internet scream that it's only flashbacks of the first film, they have got to be kidding. The flash backs stopped less than half way through and even then the first half is made up of maybe 5 minutes or less of flashbacks, this film is pretty well all new footage, not that the footage is necessarily good, but it's passable as a cheap 80s slasher-esque film. In comparison to the first moderately well done film I guess I can see where the hate stems, but I believe people hate it also because of Wes Craven's admission that it is made for money purely and simply. But this is certainly not atrocious as its made out to be and it's a shame I was kept from seeing it for so long because of such intense negative views. It doesn't deserve praise, but neither does it deserve it's intense hate.
In the end it was average at best, but like I said, much like many of the 80s cheapie slashers, it is not a whole lot worse than them.

Glad to see you back Vamp Slayer!

Snow White: A Tale of Terror 9/10
Frogs 7/10

Started Poultrygeist. What in the actual fuh...

LoudLon wrote:

Speaking of RIP, I got an email from him about a month or so ago.  Dude's getting married, AND he's going to be a step-dad!

I don't know if I should be happy for him, or fearful for the kid. lol

What the...!? Married? LOL well I guess its about time he settles down, he ain't gettin any younger!

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Glad to see you back Vamp Slayer!

Thanks smile
I guess I got caught up in life, but I still came and lurked around here.