Topic: Evil Dead 2013 tops for opening weekend!

From, Forbes.com, ED made $26 million this past weekend, with this caveat-
"The film pulled a weekend multiplier of 2.26x off a $11.9 million Friday, which would be pretty lousy for anything that isn’t a horror film or an insanely anticipated sequel.  But horror films are generally cheap and their business is generally brisk and brief." 

[edit- ED's budget was $17 million.]
Bunch of twaddle wankers on that quote.  lol

Due in 2015, Evil Dead 2: Rise of Deadite Monkeys.  With toys!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/963fdbf27a019f7b905e006ead4cdaa5/tumblr_miu58fXOr81rifdvso1_500.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2013-04-08 08:17:45)

Re: Evil Dead 2013 tops for opening weekend!

Way to go!!!
Now if I could only see the damn thing.

^^
Only 4 more days, you wee little fear demon.  tongue

edit- and check your PMs.  I think you'll get a laugh.  I sent the same thing to Lon and he was confuzzled.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-04-08 08:30:22)

Yeah, that's a pretty blatant back-handed compliment.  And I'm sure whoever wrote it is a great writer despite his obvious mental handicap.

^^
If you read the entire article, you can tell it's coming from a business perspective, not a movie fan/critic perspective.  So while accurate, they could have found someone who knew something about movies.

funniest movie i've seen in a long time getting weird looks from people because i was laughing alot when it was supposed to be i guess scary. I really enjoyed it but i just wasn't scared at all. Calling it right now evil dead - comedy of the year.

Great! Bring on more gory horror!

Dax - I don't think many people were scared during the film, except those maybe not into horror.
I won't even get into the "comedy of the year" part you're just looking for a reaction from people.

EDIT: just noticed your poll Az, laughing deer head is amazing. I'll be honest it creeped me out when I was younger though. Evil animals creep me out.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-04-08 09:16:02)

Right on! Screw those guys anyways! I'm definitely gonna try and get out to see this next weekend...just trying to ignore all the hype its getting, though I gotta admit its making me anxious to see it!