Topic: whats the name of this cop show???

I have wondered this for years, I dont know why I never asked here before. Heres what I remember...

It starred or atleast featured an asian midget martial artist

I remeber during the opening/credits for the show, him jumping from a moving box truck and grabbing hold of a overhanging street sign.

Maybe it wasnt a cop show, but it seems like he was a a cop or worked with th e police department somehow??

I was little, so probably during the mid 80's or early 80's

Come on Lon, I know you know this lol

Re: whats the name of this cop show???

Sound like it could be For Your Height Only, or maybe Agent 00, starring Weng Weng, Asian (Filipino to be exact, IIRC) homunculus who appeared in a number of cheesy action/martial arts flicks in the late 70s and early 80s.  That'd be my guess. smile

Watched the trailer for For Your Height Only, maybe that was it but I coulda swore it was telivision show...hard to say though. We only had antenna tv till I was 16 yo. The memory i have is when I was very young and at the babysitters.
Mybe it wasn't necessarily an asian little person...maybe an episode of Fantasy Island??

He did do a bunch of cameos for different TV shows, which of course IMDB fails to list.

Heh heh- the Weng Weng video rap-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqh5O9LbjhY

I don't recall Herb Villechais (or however the hell you spell it) ever having any action scenes in Fantasy Island (used to watch that show often as a kid -- Mr. Rourke was the shit lol ) but hey, you never know.  The only other Asian midget martial artist I can think of appeared in a number of period chop-socky flicks, but that's not to say he never appeared in something set in modern times.  I can't remember his name off-hand, but it's not Weng Weng.  This guy was Chinese, not Filipino.  Let me snoop around and see if I can find his name and I'll get back to you.

^ thanks Lon, its not like a show I watched all the time as a kid or anthing, I just remember seeing it once at my sitters.

Marshal Law,perhaps?

^^
The movie from 1996? If so, I dont think thats it. I really feel like this was a tv series...or maybe it was a skit...I really cant be sure.

This is a 1998 promo for the TV series Martial Law.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC0InbhIKeg

I wouldn't call Sammo Hung a midget though. He's fat but he's hardly that small sized.

I love Sammo Hung to death.  Probably my absolute favorite martial arts star, I hold him above even Jackie Chan and Jet Li.  Dude's all but unknown in the states, which is a shame, because he can outfight pretty much every action star we've got.

LoudLon wrote:

I love Sammo Hung to death.  Probably my absolute favorite martial arts star, I hold him above even Jackie Chan and Jet Li.  Dude's all but unknown in the states, which is a shame, because he can outfight pretty much every action star we've got.

I wouldn't say he's that unknown , Sammo did have a tv series in the US that ran 2 seasons. It just got too expensive to produce.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2013-08-04 00:57:48)

If you walk up to the average US citizen on the street and ask him if they've ever heard of Sammo Hung, maybe 1 out of twenty people will say "Wasn't he that dude on Martial Law?"  The other 19 would scratch their heads and go "Sam what?" 

So basically, yeah, all but unknown.  Unfortunately. hmm