Topic: Masters of Horror

What is your favorite Masters of Horror episode and why?  This show really reminds me of hour long episodes of Tales from the Crypt.  I just watched Carpenter's Pro Life for the first time.  Being a HUGE Carpenter fan I was quite pleased and surprised at how awesome this was because I had always for some reason written it off.  Cigarette Burns is obviously classic.  I watched Dreams in Witch House last night and thought it was pretty darn good.  Good chance I make it through this whole series in the upcoming weeks.

Re: Masters of Horror

I have both seasons on DVD, like you mentioned Cigarette Burns is my favourite closely followed by Dreams in the Witch House. I also really liked Pelts.

Theli wrote:

I have both seasons on DVD, like you mentioned Cigarette Burns is my favourite closely followed by Dreams in the Witch House. I also really liked Pelts.

Cigarette Burns and Dreams in the Witch House are my favourites as well, though I like Dreams a little better since it's one of the few Lovecraft adaptions that were done right and done well. It also helped that Ezra Godden is a major cutie.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/avatars/3089852/DSC_0096.large.jpg?1340467132{/img]

Yes please!

I love Cigarette Burns, Jenifer and Incident on and Off a Mountain Road. Not into any of the other ones. (haven't seen all of them though)

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream.

My favorite is The Fair Haired Child..Loved the creature effects and the way it moved. Plus i've loved Lori Petty since Tank Girl

Wish there had been a Cronenberg episode...

Last edited by Theli (2013-04-10 23:17:35)

Cigarette Burns is by far my favorite, though there were other episodes I enjoyed a lot from the series as well.

I really like Sick Girl.
I have only seen a few from the first season though.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I love Cigarette Burns, Jenifer and Incident on and Off a Mountain Road. Not into any of the other ones. (haven't seen all of them though)

Yup, those are three that stick out in my mind.  There is also Takashi Miike's Imprint, which was not aired on Showtime because it was deemed too controversial, it wasn't the best episode, but it is a hard one to forget.

Yeah that one was sick and twisted, not unlike most other Miike movies. Loved it though.

The quality of episodes definitely varied, but I liked the series as a whole, and I don't think there were any unwatchable episodes. Still need to invest in Fear Itself.

Last edited by Theli (2013-04-11 14:12:39)