Re: Getting to know each other

Watching someone slit their own throat in front of me I probably could have gone without seeing my entire life....

Same Q

^ I'm not even sure how to follow that, that's awful.

Seeing a Peta video about animal skinning. No thanks - that was horrid I didn't know thats what it was about and I didn't finish it.
I guess I haven't seen anything in my immediate life that was truly traumatizing - thankfully.

What's the toughest thing you've had to say to your parents?

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-04-11 14:48:26)

Fuck you asshole to my dad. And it wasn't really though for me but to him i guess it was. And it happened a lot.

Same question which is:
What's the toughest thing you've had to say to your parents?

Nothing I can think of.  My mom has always insisted my sisters and I feel free to talk to her about anything that's on our mind so I've always felt comfortable discussing things with her, without hesitation or shame or guilt.  As far as my dad goes, we've never been close so I've never cared enough to tell him anything to begin with.

Same Q

I'm moving out and it has everthing to do with my siblings and you letting them get away with everything. On a good point things did change.

Q : What made you stop seeing the world as a child ?

I don't ever remember seeing the world as a child.

Were you ever bullied?

No but there was a time I saw the world as a giant playground. Then my uncle died who was like my father. I started to take things seriously after his death.

Q : Everyone has a childhood unless you were born in a f-up country. Why do you feel you never saw the world as a child ?

^ That last Q reads like it's directed towards Possum, but I'll answer anyway in order to get this thread moving along again.

I believe that I have seen the world as a child, and it was quite a fun, enjoyable and zany world at that. My childhood was full of costumes and movies and action figures and Batman and coloring books and one very good friend. I also saw some interesting people and places as a child due to my parents moving from state to state.

New Q: Favorite restaurant that you've been to?

Last edited by The Creature (2013-05-28 13:32:57)

I would have to say The Russian Tea Room in NYC.  Had Christmas dinner there this year.  Overpriced, but totally worth it?

Didn't get my question answered, so I'll try again. 

Were you ever bullied?

Favorite restaurant: Miller's Ale House on I-Drive, that place is lovely.

Were you ever bullied?: Yep, I was bullied back in Primary School (first school you go to). And I remember after one day at school the bully jumped on my back on the way home and I ended up punching him and he never bullied me again actually.

Same Q.

No never. I was very skinny and still am and could easily have been but they never got to me. I was wiser than that, I made friends with the bad boys so they were afraid. big_smile

Same question.

From 8th-11th grade, until I finally clocked the guy who'd been bullying me all those years one day in gym class.  Nobody ever messed with me again but looking back I wish I'd come up with a more reasonable solution much earlier.

Same Q

I was bulled and ended up getting toxic waste spilled all over me, much like the Toxic Avenger in fact. In fact I think that film was based on the true story of me. But I was much cooler than the kid in the movie. They MADE ME 2 NERDY and PATHETIC DAMMIT!!!!!!

Only joking!!!!!!!

I was way 2 quiet to get bullied - I don't think the bullies ever noticed me. I was much like 'The Invisible Kid'

Same Q

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-05-28 17:46:10)

I was never really bullied. I had people who would say things to me. Like some jerk always making fun of my weight. But other than that I got along with everyone. I did have a guy in high school who sexually harrased me everyday for my 9th and 10th grade years. He would go into extream detail of what he wanted to do to me and vise versa.

same q

Bam, back up.
Already answered and I can't wait for the next one. I enjoy this thread. big_smile

Just booked a hotel in London on www.trivago.ca. I'm currently living as an exchange student in Cologne, so it would be a shame if I would miss this opportunity to visit this capital of horror (maybe I'll meet Jack the Ripper smile )

So, my travel-obsessed question: What has been your best travel/ favorite travel destination?

Welcome to the boards, firstly!

The best place I traveled to was Fall River, Massachusetts, just outside of Boston.  I went with my wife in 2011.  I have lots of friends there so for 10 days we stayed there.  While there we went to the Lizzie Borden house, one of the most haunted houses in America.  It was a great time, we even caught what I believe to be a ghost on photo.  Those 10 days to Boston/Fall River remains some of the best memories of mine.

For me it was a small little village in North Carolina called Highlands.  I haven't been there since '99 but it was a lovely little rustic spot nestled deep in the forest hills.  Stayed at a place called Mountaintop Motel Inn with my girlfriend-at-the-time.  Stayed there four days, had a bowl of $75 dollar clam chowder at a restaurant called On the Veranda, the best calzone I've ever had in my life from a place called the Brick Oven, spent almost $700 on gifts to bring back to family, and had lots and lots of sex. big_smile

Same Q.

Nothing will ever beat Romania and Spain for me as of now.
But I'm pretty sure all this is gonna change once I set foot in Japan. big_smile

Same question.

Spending a night at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado was pretty cool. The Stanley Hotel is where The Shining mini-series was filmed, as well as the latter half of Dumb & Dumber, to this day one of my favorite comedies since childhood. But then again, I lived on the base of a mountain in Northern Idaho when I was 10 or 11 (with Viggo Mortensen as one of my neighbors), and that was a priceless experience.

Great question, passing it on...

Last edited by The Creature (2013-06-28 23:08:54)

London U.K. 2006 and 2007.
Favorite job you've ever had?

Author, hands down.

Same question.

Along the same lines as Ms. G -- screenwriter.  Same Q.

Graphic designer AND art director. Kicked ass.

Same question.

Don't have a job, but I am an unprofessional author, so I guess that.

Question: What's one thing you once did that you wish you could take back?