Re: Horror Sequels Better Than The Original

I've never even seen the original Hellraiser, simply because I feel like I will hate it. I think it looks beyond silly.

I might pick up the original if I see it cheap somewhere.

^^
Scav, here's Hellraiser on StageVu.  You can check it out before buying it.

^ Oh thanks Az, I'll check it out later then and see what I think big_smile

^^
Let us/me know what you think about it.

azathoth wrote:

Here is my review of Hellraiser: Revelations.

2 words- it sucked.

It doesn't even seem like a so bad it's good type of movie, it just seems plain bad.

I haven't read much of this Thread, and I'm assuming these were already mentioned cuz they're fairly obvious, but its all I could come up with...

Evil Dead 2
Phantasm 2

You'll like it, Scav.  I stake Ghostie's reputation on it. big_smile

Considering Ghosty's reputation is mainly for eating Scooby Snacks©, that's not saying much.

And speaking of movies, have you worked on your Next 300 movie list yet?

Not yet.  The last week's been pretty busy, dealing with the cabin issue, plus we've decided to renovate a couple rooms in the back of the house so we've been plotting out a rebuild.  Add to that the family still being here (and will likely be here for AT LEAST two more weeks) and you've got yourself a recipe for how to go psychotic in seven days. lol

Yippee!  I'd send down some carpenter monkeys, if I had any.  No hurries, it's you and Mary's list, you're the only ones that have the link.  It's going to take time cleaning up the first 300, anyway.

Feel like have a Christmas Movie Night again?  I was thinking continuing with the silly streak with Santa's Slay, Feeders 2, that kind of thing.

i agree with a bunch on this list brig built but i feel some are just off here also one not mentioned quarantine 2. also for the ppl saying DOTLD over NOTLD which one although neither of them should even be like in compatison to the original because of its age and how long it took for a sequel?

Haven't seen Q2, so I can't offer an opinion on that.  As for the time between sequels, I don't think that time between was a factor.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I haven't read much of this Thread, and I'm assuming these were already mentioned cuz they're fairly obvious, but its all I could come up with...

Evil Dead 2
Phantasm 2

Finally, some Phantasm II love big_smile As much as I love the first one I feel the second definitely outdoes it.

I saw The Collection back in theaters a few months ago and I liked it much better than The Collector. That's another one to add to the list of superior sequels, IMO.

Just watched one of the better sequels.
GINGER SNAPS BACK is better than all the others IMO. Love how it takes place in the 1800s. And Giner's performance is the best of them all in this one.

I only saw the first Ginger Snaps, which I liked a lot.

^^^
The sequels are cool too but Ginger Snaps Back is just over the top great. Very, very good. smile

Looks like you didn't read the Spammers thread.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=30334
Reported.

Chomper wrote:

Now I'm tempted to go watch some Hellraiser movies...

Well, after watching Prom Night 2, gotta say that it was much better than the first movie (even though they feel so different).

That's the one I came in here to mention. The first is so increidbly mediocre, the second is an over the top supernatural slashers, with gore and nudity. Much more my style than your basic slasher.

Glad to see that the spammer is gone. smile

Ahhh Hellraiser. Love them ALL. But the first is THE one.

I should check out Prom Night 2 too. Heard very good stuff about it and I love everything supernatural, slasher or else. So looks like it's in my tastes. big_smile

Don't pretend, it was the gore an nudity comment the piqued your interests lol

No but it sure helps a whole lot. lol

I only saw the first two Prom Night movies and don't remember the second very well.

V/H/S/2 hands down. Also (going to get crap for this, I honestly don't care) I thought that the sequels to Carrie and Blair Witch Project were more interesting than the originals.

^^The second Blair Witch Project is definitely better than the first IMO. I'll also probably get crap for this but the first (at least to me) had one thing going for it, an absolutely brilliant marketing team.