Re: What R U Reading?

White Jazz, by James Ellroy.  This will be my eleventh or twelfth time.  Great book; great author.

Sex, Drugs, Einstein, & Elves by Clifford A. Pickover

with a subtitle of: Sushi, Psychedelics, Parallel Universes, and the Quest for Transcendence.

And for those of you who read my post in the 'Totally Random' thread and are wondering, the answer is NO, this title is not from my grandfather's personal book collection. lol

edit - On the side, I'm re-reading J.D. Salinger's Catcher In The Rye.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-04-20 04:52:27)

Currently reading John Dies At the End. Just started it yesterday, and I'm about 50-60 pages in, and I gotta say it is a damn strange book. It's easy to get into the flow of it though, inspite of it's utter weirdness. I am enjoying it so far.

^ That book sounds right up my alley...I've added it to my Amazon wishlist. I still gotta see the Coscarelli film, too.

Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity by David Lynch
I bought this book nearly a year ago and still haven't read it. It's time to do so.

Edit: Also picked up "Relativity: From Einstein to Black Holes" by Gerald E. Tauber at the library today. Just a very average looking science book, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-04-22 19:13:20)

I am reading "Babylon Confidential" the biography of Claudia Christian. i am 3/4 of the way through it and as a lot of you know i met the beautiful  lady back in November and the book is duly signed by her. i might be biased because i love the woman to bits but it is a gripping read. The woman has seen more than her share of tragedy and picked herself off the floor on many occasion but she never loses her dignity. it is not a kiss and tell book but she names who has wronged her. it is very moving and never less than compelling.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-04-22 13:57:11)

Dark Horse Digital 50 Free Comics for the 2 years anniversary of the Digital version of the books. FREAKING SWEET AS MAD!!! big_smile

https://digital.darkhorse.com/genre/108 … -issue-393

Savages....for like the 17th time haha

Great People of the Bible and How They Lived

It's a book I received from my grandmother-in-law, and it's more of a research thing for the Witch of Endor series books I'm writing, but it's interesting nonetheless.

The last fiction piece I read was The Long Way by Ramsey Campbell.  Very Poe-esque and highly recommended if you're into that and have 0.99 burning a hole in your virtual wallet.

Neil Young: Waging Heavy Peace

Looking forward to reading this autobiography...

Gonna be starting up Jack Ketchum's Off Season tonight.

Halfway through the last Dark Tower novel.

Not Horror but still that's what I read. tongue

Life, Universe And Everything-Douglas Adams

I dig the Hitchhiker's series. And all that guy did like Starship Titanic one of the coolest games I played.

Kings Of Cool... again I love this book!

The Fly 50 years on signed by David Hedison who i met at the N E C Birmingham last November in his 80's now but a nice guy.

Very cool!

E-mail, lol

Locke & Key volume 2

Currently reading The Fog, just about 75 pages in. And man am I surprised at the extreme level of violence so far. I'd heard people refer to it more as a thriller, or disaster story, but not so far. I'm really digging it.

now reading "Fantasy females".

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-05-14 14:19:41)

Now reading...

The Portable Jung (edited by Joseph Campbell), which is pretty big book. It's going to be somewhat of a challenge, which should be fun.

Wilderness: The Lost Writing of Jim Morrison (Re-reading)

started reading david moody autumn series,sofar i getting into it straight from the first page,going to find it hard to put down.

Just started reading The Naked Truth About Hedonism 2.
Hoping to go there next year on vacation.

That would be a crazy adventure. A place I wouldn't mind checking out myself.

reading " Retro Screams".

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-05-21 14:41:28)

About to start "Inferno" by Dan Brown.  So excited about its potential!