Topic: Game of Thrones

I was a bit late to the party on this show, having discovered it towards the end of season two (which meant I got to watch a lot of episodes all at once!).  I had heard so many great things, and was not let down.  This show is great, and I find myself hating Joffrey as much as any character ever.

The season three premiere was good...but kinda blah.  Looks like they are just setting up story lines at this point.

Other fans here?

Re: Game of Thrones

I never saw a single episode until just a few months ago, myself.  Was bored, nothing to watch, so I DLed both seasons and watched 'em all in a marathon.  Quickly became a fan, particularly of Peter Dinklage's character.

I'm not encyclopedic with it yet, but I'll get there. lol

Love it!
That is all big_smile
wink

Love it! About to watch the season 3 finale in a bit smile

Watched two seasons in about 4 days about 5 months ago. Really like it and am looking forward to the new season.

I'm waiting until the new season is over to watch - that way I won't have to wait between episodes.

Count me in the lover's crew too.
Man what a show.

My favorite is definitely Daenerys, Emilia Clarke as got such wonderful emotions in her face, I feel 'em right in my bones when I watch it.

Started season 3 a few weeks back, And I'm loving it too.

This show ROCKS!!!

I'd like to be that disciplined PostGhost...but I'm not.  If I can see it I gotta see it.

I really like Peter Dinklage's character too.  Interesting he still feels obligated to defend his family, though they despise him.  A very deep character and he plays it brilliantly.

Punk...you know I don't really hate you right?  smile

^^^
Oh damnit, I like to be hated. lol

Public service anouncement.

DON'T YOU FREAKING MISS EMILIA CLARKE ON FALLON ON NBC IN A FEW those that have a working TV.

Thank you. smile

Dude...you're one of the most upbeat and positive people on here.  Impossible to hate.  Sorry...you'll need an overhaul  smile

I don't watch many of those types of late night shows.  Maybe I'll check it out.  Me likey MISS EMILIA CLARKE a lot!  smile

Hahaha yeah, I'm just fooling around which I like. smile
She's on RIGHT NOW!!!

Well the Queen of Dragons was really nice and fun to see.
For those who wanna see it, check out Fallon's site.
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-02 00:28:45)

Ghostseeker, I'm not that disciplined, it's just that my lack of discipline is outweighed by my lack of patience. Once the storyline hooks me in, I don't have the patience to wait a week between shows, and Game of Thrones is super addictive.

^ Yeah I was pretty lucky to of discovered Game of Thrones towards the end of season two.  I was spoiled...got to watch almost all of them as fast as I wanted.

Any opinions on the start of this season?  I have found it interesting, yet kinda blah as not much is happening.  Seems like it is all set up.  I'm all for a build up, but don't want the release to be confined to the last two episodes, especially if there's no conclusion at the end.

*** SPOILER ***

Curious what will happen with the dragon trade?

I don't really see the Khaleesi giving up one of her dragons, not to this guy who's been insulting her and who she has witnessed being cruel to slaves.  Her dragons are like her children.  I think come the moment of the swap, she's going to kill him and take his soldiers anyway. 

Yeah, it's going a bit slow right now but I think they're just laying groundwork.  There are still, what, four or five people claiming a right to the throne so there's still a whooooooole lot of story to go.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as far as the dragon...well, hoping anyway.  Think she may have the dragon kill him any way.

Rewatched Dark Wings, Dark Words earlier. Was a fun one. smile

Glad it's back for a 4th season. YAY!!!

On a related note, I was just skimming through my download of Mama (2013) and was pleasantly surprised to see it stars the guy who plays as the Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister.  Now we know what he did to keep himself busy between seasons 2 and 3. lol

EDIT:

And oh, crap, I just realized where I recognized that guy from.  He starred in the original Nightwatch (Nattevagten, from 1994).  I've been watching Game of Thrones thinking, damn, where have I see that guy before? lol

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-04-20 13:38:27)

Woah, that's very cool.
Mama is another one I still haven't seen.
Man, way too much stuff to watch and choices to make. lol

LoudLon wrote:

I don't really see the Khaleesi giving up one of her dragons, not to this guy who's been insulting her and who she has witnessed being cruel to slaves.  Her dragons are like her children.  I think come the moment of the swap, she's going to kill him and take his soldiers anyway. 

Yeah, it's going a bit slow right now but I think they're just laying groundwork.  There are still, what, four or five people claiming a right to the throne so there's still a whooooooole lot of story to go.

There are 5 or 6 books in the series.
THat is a whole lotta story telling.

One thing Game of Thrones has in common with The Walking Dead as they pertain to me: I've never read the books of either, and now that I'm into each show, I make it a point NOT to read the books so the shows aren't ruined for me. lol

I started reading the first book when season 2 was over.
Didn't finish it. There were too many pages big_smile

Finally some prick that has been pissing me off got what was coming to him!  I think that is what is frustrating me bout the show...so many people to hate, the tension builds up, but nothing happens to em.  Now I want Joffrey to die!

Kill the bastard!! tongue

I've only watched the first episode of this season. Have some catching up to do.

I finally got around to watching episode four of the current season tonight. What a badass ending! I was actually distraught about the situation and then BAM! I cheered!

Last edited by NonEuclidean (2013-04-22 23:03:27)