Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

The Man with the iron Fists

Django Unchained. Pretty damn entertaining movie. It's funny how movies like this are acceptable in the mainstream, and movies like Hostel are frowned upon. This definitely had some disturbing scenes, and I honestly believe it was not to drive home a point about slavery, more just for the fun of gore.

horrorfan26 wrote:

The Man with the iron Fists

Oof.  Are you okay? lol

^^^
Demon God Tarentino at it again. Out soon on DVD can't wait. Next month at the shop if I remember correctly. Yes, next month I saw ads for it on TV true, forgot that.

ROAD TO PERDITION [2002] Second watch, don't have in on DVD so I catch it when it comes across on the image box. It just started 20 minutes ago. Gonna have a nice hour left of it lemme tell you.

Another masterful permormance by Lord Tom Hanks. This dude can freaking act!!! The relation with the kid is just wonderful. Kid always call him mister. James Bond Craig is great too. H3LL EVERYBODY is good. And a fantastic story line.
Plus the images are just gorgeous, wonderful framing and lightning.

Yup great movie to watch if you haven't done yet.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-16 21:27:35)

Django Unchained- Man oh man, what a great western movie. And I'm not much into westerns either. Everything about this movie shines: acting, directing, script, action, gore, and musical score.
8/10

^ This, for me as well.

Django Unchained was...awesome!!!
As I expected, I loved it. I have literally...zero complaints. I thought it was a great movie with an amazing cast, the usual witty, entertaining, quality dialogue that is QT's trademark, a bad ass soundtrack (so many great tunes), over-the-top and fun shoot-out scenes, and all of the factors that add up to make a great Quentin Tarantino film. If you're a fan, you'll dig it. If not, then of course, you won't.

9/10 rating from me. Now to decide...do I like it better than Inglourious Basterds? Tough to say.

ZODIAC [2007]

Been quite a few times I watch it and it's now on TV so I let it go.
Always loved the storyline which never cease to surprise you from beginning to the very end. And man, acting wise, it's just brilliant. Downey Jr is an awesome actor. So is everyone else in this. And man, my sweet and lovely Chloe Sévigny is in this too so I love it. Of course.

10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-20 01:09:54)

Total Recall (2012)

Kick-Ass (2009).  fifth or sixth time watching this one.  Fun little flick, nicely violent and subversively funny.  Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl is worth her weight in gold.

^^^
Oh absolutely, she's awesome in this very cool one.

THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM [2008] rewatch

Man, this movie is very cool. Normal, it's Jackie Chan AND Jet Li so you can be sure that the martial arts are top notch. Cool acting too, I loved the girls. Pretty cool story too.

10/10

HELLBOY GOLDEN ARMY [2008] rewatch

That's my favorite of the 2. Absolutely fantastic. I dig the the fist throwing troll and the flower thingy. The aquarium head dude is a nice addition to the crew I find. And man, Selma Blair, Ron Perlman are like they always have been, wonderful. I like Abe Sapien very much. And the princess is very cute, I like Anna. smile

666.666.666/10

^^^ I really dug both of those.  Forbidden Kingdom is the kind of movie they make a dozen of a year in Hong Kong, so I thought it was cool to see a traditional wu xia flick done well by Hollywood.  Chan and Li have really good chemistry, it's a shame it took them thirty years to finally make a movie together.

And Hellboy 2 was a beautiful flick.  The cinematography, the sheer creative imagination behind the creatures and what-not.  Man, Guillermo Del Toro is awesome...

^^^
Yeah took them long but they kicked ass when they finally got togther.

And Hellboy man, way too much awesomeness in this one.
Del Toro is a pure genius. smile

All rewatches.

SMOKIN' ACES [2006]

Ryan Reynolds, Andy Garcia, Ray Liotta, Alicia Keys and Ben Affleck.
If you don't believe that this movie is good with all these names then something is wrong with you. lol
A bunch of hit men are hired to take down a magician Israel which is completely insane in this. The FBI tries to stop them.

What an amazing script, full of great surprises, especially the end.
The Punk brothers are absolutely freaking demented, they rock. And some are back in the second one which is very cool too.

A very, very fun ride this is.

666.666.666/10

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS [1991]

Was glad to see it show up on TV, been a while I haven't stuck my DVD in.
And it's as great, wonderful, incredible and awesome everytime I watch this. Plus Jodie Foster is to me the best actress ever with Marylin and Ava Gardner so it was cool to see her freaking BRILLIANT performance.
The way she looks scared as mad in te dark at the end is just fantastic.
And man, Hopkins, one if not the best of his performances.

666.666.666/10

JOURNEY 2: MYSTERIOUS ISLAND [2012]

I needed my Vanessa Hudgens fix after all this violence I watched before and this film is a pleasant and magnifient adventure. Cool story, kid gets a coded message from his grand father stuck in an island somewhere and finally discovers the map and goes there.
The Rock is well, he's the freaking Rock. Michael Caine plays the grandpa wonderfully. And Vanessa H3LL I worship this lovely hot girl way too much. Plus I like the way she's dressed in this. Hello, hello nice cleveage. big_smile

10/10

Another pretty damn great saturday movie night for me. YAY!!!

Ha!  I just watched Silence again myself the day before yesterday.  Such an amazing film, structurally, thematically, and of course the performances are all phenomenal.

Pulp Fiction

Any Given Sunday

Lockout

LotR: RotK

"My friends.  You bow to no one."

The Hobbit- Well, finally finished it off. What a long movie! Not as riveting as LOTR, but still a good movie. Especially the cinematography.
6/10

azathoth wrote:

LotR: RotK

"My friends.  You bow to no one."

My favorite of them all. The Undead army. What he told them to get 'em on his side was just great.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-22 21:47:32)

Lawless

THE UNFORGIVEN [1960] rewatch

Great old school western with Burt Lancaster and the 2 lovely as mad Audrey Hepburn and Lillian Gish, Great story and amazing acting. Well of course with these guys, it can't be differently. They were just great.
One scene that I really enjoy every time is the dust storm one. Beautiful.
Yup, great it is. For fans or the style it's a must see.

666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-25 06:30:22)

ED WOOD [1994] rewatch

Man what a great movie!!! Tim Burton just rules.
Depp is fantastic as usual but the best of this is the incredibly amazing acting from Martin Landau playing Bela Lugosi. I loved Lisa Marie as Vampira too. Shows how much Burton loves Horror classics, the whole film looks like it's been filmed in the 50-60 which I enjoy a lot. Was fun to see Bill Murray too. This guy rocks so much.
A wonderful movie.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-27 01:38:31)

^^^ My favorite Burton flick.

^^^
I can't choose one favorite, I love ALL of them like mad.

Alex Cross