Topic: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Quick review-
It kicked all the ass.

Beautifully shot, great soundtrack, nice pacing, and I even liked the CGI (and you know how I am with CGI).  Only complaint is the opening bit which tried too hard to be funny when it wasn't really needed, so it took a bit to get going.  But when it did, it didn't stop.

If you liked LotR, you'll like this.
9.5/10

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I thought it was a bit more weak than Lord of the Rings, as with the characters, we never really got to know any of them in-depth like LotR. It just seemed they were there for comedic value, and weren't very funny.

But saying this, it's only the first of the three films. So it will probably get better. But I just wonder why it has to be stretched across three movies, the book isn't even that long.

I loved it!

I do think that it ran a little longer than needed, though. Some scenes weren't needed. I do like the inclusion of the Pale Orc. Interesting little twist there.

I liked it, but it felt a bit rushed here and there.  Still, an entertaining flick.

Watching it now; 1/4 way through.  So far, so good.

felt repetitive

I thought it was okay, definitely does not need to be three movies, there was a lot of that movie that was completely unnecessary

Hated it.

Digged it, great follow up of the last one. Well not really follow up story wise but still new. They are freaking hilarious, especially in the forest. And the BADASS Orc is great. big_smile