Re: The Evil Dead (2013)

Oh...and be sure to stick around for some post credit goodies!

Husband and I are going to see this in 30 minutes!
I'm really excited.
Hope it'll be worth it!
By waht DirtyGirl said I think it will be exciting!

Just got back from the theater, and both me and my son loved it...

The FX were great, and the gore outstanding. The pacing was nearly perfect. The characters were a bit stiff, but still good. Just when you thought the movie was coming to an end: it starts back up again.
7.5/10 - I gave it an extra .5 because this movie had a LOT to live up to, in comparison to the original! The writer and director pulled it off. Thank god!

* Wish I had stuck around for the after credit extras. Didn't know till I read DG's review. Damn!!

^^^
Yeah that's absolutely crazy. But that's what it is to live in a butthole in the far north. No worries though, when I wanna see a movie as much as this one [which is the one I've been the most waiting for in my life], I WILL see it no matter what. big_smile

Nice that you mention the easter eggs, will definitely look for them.

*** Easter egg spoiler below ***

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlUsYQo7W8ZyB_36LyRMgXVOXoRVUpojC8Nr5hXPVqTTd9JlZkpA

[Edit- and if a chainsaw monkey and KoolAid Man show up, I'm jumping off a bridge.]

Last edited by azathoth (2013-04-06 18:01:41)

^^^
Hahaha Glad to see that my call to groovy Bruce worked and that they got some monkeys in there. How did you find them DirtyGirl??? lol

Saw it today and loved it. Best mainstream horror film I've seen in a while and definitely one of the best remakes to date.

It ruled!!!

Edit - I posted my thoughts on the film in the "Last Horror Movie You Watched" thread. I'll just re-post it here, since I'm too lazy to create a new paragraph.

It's a solid remake with a hard edge and its balls firmly set in its rightly place. There is no skimping on gore, on any hardcore extremity that should be included in an Evil Dead film, and it stayed true to the fans all the way. There's not much more I could ask for. Go see it, folks! It has The Creature's stamp of approval (though that might not mean much, it's still there!).

Last edited by The Creature (2013-04-07 21:43:44)

I watch the trailer of this movie and thanks for the post of the movie

It was pretry good for a remake. My only complain was the stupid friend. The guy is scared of the book but he opens it and reads it. Also I thought I heard no cgi but what about the beginning of the movie.

^^^
They really burned her, you didn't know??? They're all in jail now. Mwahahaha

Holy fucking BLOODY H3LLish gore. Nice smirks all the time from the original. The clock for example. The rape scene was better IMO. A masterpiece. Doesn't beat the first but still a masterpiece of freaking cool Horror. Loved the first time she sees the Witch, great Bloody white face with crazy eyes. big_smile I digged.