Topic: Night Gallery

whats your favorite episode ??

of course I love the pilot episode starring Roddy McDowell witnessing a eerie painting that depicts his dead uncle returning from the grave to get him

http://www.nightgallery.net/artpics/cemetery2.jpg

My 2nd is "The Doll "

A spurned plantation owner in the British West Indies enlists the power of a voodoo doll to avenge himself against a romantic rival

http://www.palomar.edu/english/versaci/images/thedoll.jpg

but I have one question ? wasn't there an episode  where a young farm boy finds a hole in the ground out in the woods that is very very deep and creepy ? that seems to have evil creatures down below ? someone gets lowerd in to rescue a dog that fell in and they return frightened mute with white hair  ?

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-09-22 11:53:28)

Re: Night Gallery

the Pilot freaked me the hell out when I was youngin, definitely one of my faves

I believe the episode you're thinking of is "Big Surprise" with John Carradine as a strange farmer who convinces some boys to dig near an old oak tree for a, well, big surprise LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-09-22 12:41:26)

damn might be wrong - just youtubed it to refresh my memory - no creatures hmm

yeah. I remember that John Caradine one.

maybe it was a different show ? I just remember a farm boy finding the moss covered hole  fog came from it.... His father warns him against goin near it.. you can hear moaning coming from it  ( creatures ? )  and then the dog falls in.. the boy can hear the dog yelping hurt at the bottom and pleads for the dog's  rescue.. finally the neighboring farmers join in the rescue. someone is lowered down into the hole and returns with his hair white and unable to speak about what he saw in the hole ??  sound familiar ?

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-09-22 16:37:21)

I figured it out !!  ( after much internet research )  it wasn't a Night Gallery Episode ! It was a Rod Serling Film !  Encounter With the Unknown a movie with 3 tales of terror !!  Damn it feels good to get that question out of my brain !!!

Its funny, I never missed an episode. That was a TV show I made sure I never missed, but damn... I can't remember even one of them at the moment lol

It might have been The Doll, but I seem to recall an episode where a doll head would come to life at night and terrorize a girl.  I remember that she had other dolls that the doll head would tear up to scare the girl.  That one freaked me out as a kid.
And thanks MOH, I have been trying to figure that one out for awhile too.  I remember that story about the hole in the ground and when someone was lowered into the hole to rescue a dog, they came out insane.  I thought that it was one of those urban myths though.

I do not remember any episode I just know i liked the show as a kid

Sad to say I have never seen this show.. hmm Wish I had because it sounds like it is good fun.

Oh BTK  you gotta watch them online !!!

check and see if this the episode you saw :
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Night-Gallery … oll/videos

home page:
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Night-Gallery … l-episodes

or

http://www.nbc.com/Vintage_Shows/Rod_Se … /episodes/

Thanks for sharing that Mistress.  I haven't seen the show in years.

I went out and found the movie Encounter With the Unknown  on the internet. I ordered it. can't wait to watch it

Pickman's Model ..even though they changed the story quite a bit ...

Rod Serling used many of LoveCrafts stories for Night Gallery

Love this horror tv series, classic tv IMO!

My favorite, I'll have too think about that one, hmm???....:/

as usual you have me excited Mistress, i bought the whole of the first series some time ago have still to watch it but will do soon. i have seen the pilot film which was good.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

I figured it out !!  ( after much internet research )  it wasn't a Night Gallery Episode ! It was a Rod Serling Film !  Encounter With the Unknown a movie with 3 tales of terror !!  Damn it feels good to get that question out of my brain !!!

hey I found a clip of this episode I was asking about a while ago !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=lAV9dEy … re=related

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2010-09-17 18:21:30)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

yeah. I remember that John Caradine one.

maybe it was a different show ? I just remember a farm boy finding the moss covered hole  fog came from it.... His father warns him against goin near it.. you can hear moaning coming from it  ( creatures ? )  and then the dog falls in.. the boy can hear the dog yelping hurt at the bottom and pleads for the dog's  rescue.. finally the neighboring farmers join in the rescue. someone is lowered down into the hole and returns with his hair white and unable to speak about what he saw in the hole ??  sound familiar ?

This also strangely sounds like my first time

she was great but boy i miss that dog

Last edited by swollenguy (2010-09-17 18:27:52)

how about Greenfingers?

Man I loved this show as a kid.   

The one I remember was a woman tries to escape her alcoholic husband.  He tells her he loves her and swears he will never leave her.   Man, she just despises him.  The woman gets a voodoo doll to kill the husband and make it look like an accident.   

She throws it in a fire, but botched it so he's horribly disfigured and in agony.   Last thing, she's running through the woods and falls in a pit trap.  The voodoo dolls in there, now alive, and says with her husband's voice  "I'll never leave you, ever!"     

Pretty creepy stuff.

I love Night Gallery. Have all three seasons on DVD.

The episode The Doll to me was the scariest of all. I could just see that doll looking at me in the bed at night.

A truly great show. Too bad it didn't last longer. Rod Serling was great.