Topic: Fangoria magazine - when was the last time you bought an issue?

Last time I bought an issue of Fangoria was like a year and half ago where the issue that I still have has Part 1 of the Elm Street actors and a report on New Daughter and some weird alien sci fi with Devon Sawa from Idle Hands

Re: Fangoria magazine - when was the last time you bought an issue?

Just last year.  They had a two-part interview with Nicolas Cage.  Kinda have a new respect for the guy, he's a big genre fan.

Last month. I'm subscribed. Been for years.

http://www.fangoria.com/images/stories/JAN13PT2/fango321covercontentsnews.jpg

Well also more recently the last newest issue that I bought was February's issue with the two black slaves from Django Unchained. That was my last recent issue I ever bought of Fangoria.

I need to get on the ball and start getting back into Fangoria magazine big time.

The quality of interviews and previews of horror movies they've been getting better and resemble a homage to classic Fangoria from 15-20 years ago or whatever

Several months ago I found a number of Fangoria archives and downloaded them.  I actually own about a hundred issues or so, mostly from the 80s and 90s,  but it's impossible to fill the gaps since Fangoria's warehouse caught fire and burned up all their back issues.  If you want to collect older issues, there are only two things you can do: buy them from other collectors who'll charge you an arm and a leg, or via torrents. hmm

Incidentally, I had a letter printed in Fangoria #196. big_smile

^^^
Oh man I gotta check it out. Now if I can only find that number 196. big_smile
Gotta be in that HUGE pile I got.

Back in 1993 or 1994 I had one favorite issue of Fangoria and it was of the one that had articles on Wolf and In the Mouth of Madness. The same issue also had stuff on Skeeter which was the other giant mosquito movie besides Mosquito that had Gunner Hanson aka original leatherface

Just last week I bought the Carrie one.  I buy Fango and Rue Morgue every month.

^^^
Same for me. I'm subscribe to them both.
Can't wait to get the next ones, they both talk about Evil Dead, of course. big_smile

Here is the new cover: 

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/1F2DCC59-38A2-4E2E-A22A-1AC27736E102-176-0000000814965D1E_zpsea6873c9.jpg

I love the new look.  Just like old school Fango  smile

Ew.........I can totally see up her nose.

Should still have all my issues somewhere, but off the top of my head, some time in the late 80's. I still have issues 1-13, again, somewhere.

The earliest one I have is #6 I believe -- C3PO and R2-D2 on the cover.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I have two copies of that one. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Ew.........I can totally see up her nose.

Ew???

Me it's her crazy looking eyes that grab my attention.

The oldest I have is like in the #80 and up. And not even sure. And they're at the bottom of the pile so no, don't feel to check. lol

That new issue of Fangoria magazine. #322 is that the March issue or April issue next month? Good god the front cover that's so messed up witih the googly eyes lol. Yeah that brings back memories of what Fangoria magazine was like in the 1980s up to 1994. Good times back then even though I was introduced to Fangoria in 1992.

March.
Always get Famgoria a month behind.
No idea why and I don't care either.

I haven't seen this issue on the news stands yet.  The cover photo is from FB.  It looks great!

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2013-03-27 12:08:26)

I have a question for you guys. What's more cooler from an issue of Fangoria? The main big picture of the front cover of an issue or the aritcles such as previews and stuff for future horror movies?

The new April issue that has the Evil Dead remake pic on the front cover that is so messed up lol.  It really brings back alot of memories though of stuff that was shown on the front cover of Fangoria issues back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I pretty much stopped being into Fangoria back in 1995 since I didnt feel like spending money on magazines like Fangoria where they kept getting expensive.

But now today I am trying to get back into Fangoria

What I like to do is open my old 80s and 90s Fangos and skim through the Video Eye of Dr. Cyclops or their Video Chopping List for older flicks I may not remember or may not have seen first time around.  It's also kinda cool to skim through their little coming attractions list of films in development to see which films were subsequently dropped or never made.  And every now and then they'd do retrospectives on even older horror flicks from the 60s and 70s which are fun to read and re-evaluate.

The only isssues of Fangoria magazine that I still keep are #293 and January 2013's issue.

Dunn if the rest of you guys here actually still keep older issues of fangoria from 2000 to 2010. Im keeping the ones that are current. You never know when down the road if you're missing a certain issue you might look it up at amazon.

I have a number from the '00s but I primarily collect issues from the early-80s through the late 90s, myself.

I've bought a few of them over the years, but the only one i've actually kept was the Phantasm issue #2 from '79.  Picked it up off of ebay years ago.

I flip through just about every new issue every month, but hardly ever buy one.  10 bucks a pop starts adding up pretty quick.

Haven't bought one in over a year but I always read them whenever I go into a book store LOL. Not worth $10 a copy IMO. Since I can go online on multiple different horror sites and get the same info for free. But I would love to buy some older copies from the 80's and 90's.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Haven't bought one in over a year but I always read them whenever I go into a book store LOL. Not worth $10 a copy IMO. Since I can go online on multiple different horror sites and get the same info for free. But I would love to buy some older copies from the 80's and 90's.

That's what I do.  I'll hit a bookstore and sit there with a cup of coffee and pretty much go through most of a copy before I leave.  I'll buy one if it's about a certain director or flick that means something to me.

Last mag I actually bought was a Rue Morgue from  August/2012, and the reason for that was because it was a celebration issue of Ray Bradbury and his last interview.

Basically it's just easier to flip through 'em in the store and hit a few horror sites for info and save the cash.

Had a subscription for a few years but just recently the cost has sky rocketed and now an annual subscription to get it delivered here in merry olde England is about £75 quid, plus, most newsagents have stopped stocking it so I haven't even looked at a copy for a few years now. I still have them all in a cupboard in my bedroom but I haven't bought a new issue since about 2010.