Topic: Girls Night In. A New Psychological Horror Thriller

Trailer/Teaser :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE229IQ9U8k

Join  us :

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/girls … /x/3142979

PITCH :

Home alone, Robin calls her best friend, Jessica, to come over that night to hang out in her room. As usual, they watch TV and gossip when suddenly, the landline rings and Jessica goes downstairs to answer it. Her friend Emma is in the other line and informs her that Jessica has died in a car accident.

Is it a sick, practical joke? Jessica is upstairs in her room... Or is she?

Synopsis :

We find one of our heroines on her bed, unknowingly left alone to tend the house whilst her parents are out. After lazing around for some time she invites her friend over to keep her company. They goof around and spend the next couple of hours doing their girly routine. Suddenly, the landline rings in the distance. She walks down the creaky stairs in the hollowing house and answers. Her friend, Emma, informs her of her friend's sudden and unexpected death. A sick, practical joke? Her friend is upstairs in her room. Or is she? That's when a flash news reports ignites the television on its own and a teen car crash is announced reporting the death of her friend. So, who is in her room ?

In this surrealistic "Scream" story, things aren't quite what they seem, and nothing seems to add up, but little importance because the tale plays with the linearity of facts much as a dream might and in the end we are exposed to the answer which leads to many more questions. The film doesn't search to explain nor complete it's sequences, yet one leads to another and they form a complete portrait.

Last edited by Amine (2013-05-04 18:13:33)

Re: Girls Night In. A New Psychological Horror Thriller

^^^
I'll have to watch this with night vision googles, I can't see anything in the trailer. lol

And welcome.

It is supposed to be very low key. Did you try adjusting the brightness in your screen ?

Nah, it's at top anyways but I still look forward to see it.
The atmosphere is great so I won't bother when I'll finally see it. smile

BTW your post got cut off due to one of the only very few bugs in here so you might want to edit it.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-04 14:43:23)

I Just slightly adjusted it. If watched in High Quality ( 1080 or 720p ). It should look as it was meant now smile

Sweet!!! Nicely done. smile

Welcome, Amine.  Be sure to introduce yourself and join in some discussions.  We're a lot more supportive of indie projects when the creators take the time to let us get to know them.  Those who don't tend not to last very long here. wink

Im quite new to the forum so I still dont really know my way around ! Is there a section where to introduce my self and meet the other actif forumers ??

Here you go. In the General Chit And Chat section.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 18#p654918

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-04 16:40:16)

If we are going to be honest here, it's way too dark. And no, I shouldn't have to adjust the brightness of my screen to watch a trailer. And the music that is used at 0:34 is just so overused and cliché now that it has little to no effect (to me) anymore. As for the plot, I don't know what to make of it, it just sounds...weird. Maybe it has something to do with the way you phased it or something, I don't know.

Overall, it's only a teaser trailer so nothing too exciting or anything.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

If we are going to be honest here, it's way too dark. And no, I shouldn't have to adjust the brightness of my screen to watch a trailer. And the music that is used at 0:34 is just so overused and cliché now that it has little to no effect (to me) anymore. As for the plot, I don't know what to make of it, it just sounds...weird. Maybe it has something to do with the way you phased it or something, I don't know.

Overall, it's only a teaser trailer so nothing too exciting or anything.

Hey !

Thanks for the feedback. After all, any feedback is good Feedback

To answer some of your concerns :

- The Teaser was shot one stop under, and then was pulled another stop and a half under to keep it low key

- The Pitch ( Not plot ) was not copied entirely. I just edited that post with the Full Pitch and Synopsis. Give it another read, maybe this way it will be clearer.

- The music/sound effects : I am very aware of how clichy it is. And it is meant to be so : Trailers and teasers are not a product on wich you can go all artistic or even original. They are meant for large masse audience, therefore, no subliminal messages can be put there, the aim is to always make it clear, and hopefully appealing. And thats why most trailers still use cliche shots/sounds : To go straight to the point. After all, you only have ~30 to get someones interest ( or not )
Note : The final film is not planned to have any sound tracks until the end credits smile.

Last but not least : I am here for critics, opinions, and help. I just uploaded another brighter version, and here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE229IQ9U8k

Last edited by Amine (2013-05-04 18:11:27)

Teaser was interesting.  Actually had me kind of on edge.  Makes me interested in knowing more. 

The fantasy, dream like, nothing is real movies are generally not my thing though.  Nothing against them, I typically don't like them.  The premise is interesting though.

Thank you Ghosteeker for the Kind words.
Yesterday I received my first " Kick starters " from complete strangers. I hope more people will be interested in the project smile

www.indiegogo.com/projects/girls-night-in/x/3142979

Last edited by Amine (2013-05-06 19:32:20)