Re: Indiana Jones

That's how you rank the Indy movies?

I just realized this May 22nd is the fifth anniversary of KOTCS, how time flies. I still remember all the hype in the months leading to the release.

Wow...time does fly...KOTCS only felt like 2 years ago at most.

My favorite remains The Last Crusade though, what a classic smile

I remember how exciting it was that a new Indy movie was finally coming out.

On the subject of a new Indy film, seeing how Harrison looks in the recent trailer for the upcoming Ender's Game, he looks to be in very good shape for his age, he can definitely do Indy again at least one more time, maybe twice if they really get moving and film the next two back to back. I'd definitely like to see another entry or two before Ford has to retire the character for good due to advancing age.

I forgot to ask, but anyone ever been on the Disneyland Indy ride? I've been on it a few times, awesome ride, definitely gives you the feeling of being in an Indy movie.

Recently, Disney acquired the rights to more Indy films. Look forward to seeing what they might do, although if they want to make another film they better get on it now before Ford is too old, which is arguably already is.

Jigsaw wrote:

Recently, Disney acquired the rights to more Indy films. Look forward to seeing what they might do, although if they want to make another film they better get on it now before Ford is too old, which is arguably already is.

Disney said it would be at least 3-4 years before they get anything rolling with Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is 71 now so I think other than a cameo there isn't much chance he will be the main character in the film.

Seems like a reboot with a new actor as Indy is probably likely hmm

Jigsaw wrote:

I vote for Nathan Fillion

He wouldn't be bad, but anybody who's the new Indy will have some huge shoes to fill. It's not like the Young Indy series where that series was during Indy's younger years and a younger actor than Ford could easily be done in the same canon.

Jigsaw wrote:

He wouldn't be bad, but anybody who's the new Indy will have some huge shoes to fill. It's not like the Young Indy series where that series was during Indy's younger years and a younger actor than Ford could easily be done in the same canon.

as long as they make the Nazis the bad guys again

Eh, I could do without the Nazis. I felt in The Last Crusade it was too repetitive to re-use them so soon, I'd rather see a different type of enemy.

Ash's missing hand wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

I vote for Nathan Fillion

Funny that was the first name that came to mind when I saw this, but won't he be a bit old to be starting his career as Indy?

^^^ Ford was pushing 40 when he did Raiders; in his forties a few years later for Temple of Doom; nearly 50 for Last Crusade, and well into his 60s for Crystal Skull.  Fillion's only seven months older than I am; at 42, he's still plenty young enough to pull off the role.

Not that I'm behind that.  I don't think the series should be rebooted.  I think it should be left alone, like all classic films/series.  Besides, nobody can play Indie like Ford.

Yeah and I also think there's not much that can be done with a prequel with a younger Indy since the Young Indiana Jones show covered that.

A prequel will happen regardless, I suspect.

Ford IS mister Jones, without him I don't see.
Bruce Willis maybe??? lol

Bruce is cool but I can't see him as Indy at all. Maybe a rival adventurer like Belloq, though.

If they're going to reboot, I'd like to see someone like Tim Olyphant.  There's nothing that dude can't do.

^^^
I knew that was coming. lol
But I agree he's very versatile. Dude plays anything. And does a great job at it.

kXnPunk wrote:

I knew that was coming.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Animated/thatswhatshesaid_zps4db6d79f.gif

Timothy would be very good. If Indy must be recasted he should be high on the list of choices.

LoudLon wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

I knew that was coming.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Animated/thatswhatshesaid_zps4db6d79f.gif

Yes exactly. lol

What artifact would you like to see Indy pursue in the next movie? I think a darker relic would be cool, something like the Pazuzu statue.