Topic: Stanley Cup 2013

Oh yeah after a very short season, it's time of the series now.

As my NJ Devils aren't there this year, I'm rooting the Chicago Black Hawks which I truely love. Thinkining it's gonna be a battle between the Red Wings [of course they rule] , Boston and the Pinguins.

I hope to see the wongs against the Hawks in final but hey, we'll see.

Hopefully none of these "new" teams like the Sharks or Ducks are gonna make it. Can't stand them.

So what are your thoughts this year???

Re: Stanley Cup 2013

As a blackhawks fan, you know who I want to win. As far as who they face in the finals, its tough out east but I'm going with Boston.

Boston got beaten by the Leafs.
I'm glad, the Leafs have always been the ones with the most competitive spirits in a crowd against the damn Crapnadians aside when THE NORDIQUES were in.

But Boston is too strong.

Cool Blackhawks gamethis pm although they lost. Damn the Wild, one of these teams I hate. Ah well, not finished yet, Blackhawaks haven't said their last word. Yet. smile

Blackhawk fan.  Still irritated after the game.  I'm normally not optimistic with teams I root for, but the Hawks are really an amazing team this year. 

Was really hoping the Isles were going to beat the Penguins today.

I hate the Wings.  Still, I want them to make it a tough series so whoever comes out of that is beat up.

Yeah, I'm mad too.

But we're on with a great start, very nice games to watch with every team that's on the series this year. The Caps and Ovechkin are surprising me. The dude is good. Not as much as Crosny but still. Crosby's like the Gretsky of nowadays. And he played for my home town's Junior team, the Oceanic in the past. Cool.

Except the Crapnadian ones, I only see what they did the morning after on my morning show and that's quite enough.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-05 19:53:08)

As long as the red wings don't get any where close to the cup I am happy.  That coward of a thug Bertuzzi shouldn't even be allowed to play yet alone have a chance to raise the cup.  Nice to see that his team mates are following suit with the dirty hits and being suspended, though the suspension should have been longer than 2 games.  Probably didn't hurt his case having a former red wing as the head of discipline for the NHL. wink
Then apart from the cannucks, rangers and the wild, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other teams, The Black Hawks, Sharks, Ducks, Blues, Pens, Isles, Caps, Habs, Leafs, Sens, or Bruins hoist the cup this year.

Crapnadians got whiped out dangerously by the Sens yesterday, 6-1. Happy I am. big_smile

^I watched the game yesterday and that 3rd period was brutal, which leads me to change my mind.  After all of their dirty play and whining after the game, I'd prefer that the Canadians not hoist the cup.

^^^
Brutal indeed...

Glad Chicago got one more on their wins list. smile

I'm still smarting from the Hawk loss.  Especially, cuz I don't have cable I don't get to see a lot of games.  So the first one I do, they lose.  I end up following the game via radio and internet.  Let me tell you how exciting it is to listen to a playoff overtime game involving your favorite team via radio.  roll  That said, I'm counting on most of the games being televised by NBC in the later rounds, or I'll need to go somewhere and watch if I still need to see it (Hawks in it).

Glad the wings tied up the series.  I want that to be a brutal series.

Now we just need stupid Vancouver to suck it up and actually do something so dumb San Jose isn't sitting around resting and waiting for round two.

As for the East, bout the only team I'm rooting for is the Isles, and obviously doubtful they will make it out of the first round.  They remind me of the early 80's when they were awesome, winning Cups with Boss.  Since then they have sucked, and I never understand why considering they're in the same market as the Rangers.

I never liked the Rangers. Always was for the Islanders.

I like the Caps pretty much too.

To me, the Stanley Cup is the best sport event of the years. Yes even more than the Superbowl.
Guess I don't even need to say I'm canadian. lol

Hawks get another win.  Crawford with a shutout.  Go back home with a chance to take the round.

Vancouver is still hanging in there, looking for their first win, though I doubt they'll get it.

The Isles take another away from the Pens.  Now, if they lose the series, that game three loss will really sting.

Although I live in Detroit and am diehard Wings fan, I predict the finals will be Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins

^ I remembered you were a hockey fan, just didn't remember what team you supported.

Sharks and Canucks in OT.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-05-07 23:40:50)

Yes, Bruins or Wings VS Hawks, of course.

Happy of the results so far.
But things might change, you never know until the finals.
The best Hockey of the whole Universe.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-07 23:42:53)

well won't be Wings vs Hawks as Wings are, for the last season, in the Western Conference, with Chicago.  But Wings vs Bruins would make me so happy as those are my two favorite teams

San Jose sweeps the Canucks.

Saw that one coming, Vancouver hasn't been a good team in so many years.

Two years ago they went the the finals and lost in the 7th game.  They've been good for a few years, just seem to choke.

Vancouver only got far that year because the Bruins were still grooming their team.  Now the Bruins are two years more mature and Vancouver is just two years older.  Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston have some of the best young guys on their team (minus one or two on Islanders and Oilers).  Big Detroit fan, but they need more young faces.  Zetterberg and Datsyuk aren't old, but are tied into high end contracts so don't really need to do anything.

Well, whatever reason they got to a game 7 with the Bruins has nothing to do with how they got there.  They still had to get to the finals.  I'm not a canuck fan.  I hate the Sedin twins.  However, I can admit when a team is good, and they have been competitive for years, and just two years ago  forced a game 7 in the finals.  That, to me, means they were good.  I'm not arguing they are good now.  Clearly they got swept handly.  Albeit they won their division too.

Yes though, a lot of the stronger teams have youngen's stepping up.

No they were good, no doubt, but since Luongo forgot how to play hockey they've been the joke of Canada for years.  I'm surprised Toronto made it in and am convinced they won't make it past Boston.  In all surprise, I'm shocked that Washington has won what they have.  Ovechkin is another one who forgot how to play hockey.  New York Rangers always starts off their season strong and just loses it.  Half season benefited that and I would love to see them go all the way.  Really, any Original Six team is good by me to win the Cup.

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Really, any Original Six team is good by me to win the Cup.

I'll agree with that...as long as its the Hawks.  smile  No, I do know what ya mean though.  Although, I'm hoping for the non original 6 Isles to come outta the east...doubtful as it is.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-05-08 00:44:48)

Tavares is really the only Islander that is stand out.  I look at a team like the Penguins and when they lose Neal, Crosby and Malkin, they still steam roll any team that comes in front of them.  The Islanders are the Detroit Lions of hockey.  It's there, just not being harvested properly.  I'll just be happy when LA Kings are eliminated.  I still believe that's why no one resigned the CBA (a nobody team winning).  Cynical sounding, maybe, but I'm a hockey snob and to me, you need to earn a Stanley Cup.  The reorganizing of the league is going to be amazing next year.  I go to Boston 3-4 times a year, home away from home, so Detroit and Boston being in the same conference....oh boy, I can't wait!

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Saw that one coming, Vancouver hasn't been a good team in so many years.

Yeah. Damn I miss the Gratsky days...

Sharks are one of these new teams I hate that I like. The only one really.
Certainly because of their Jaws like logo. lol

Bring me back freaking Hartford damnit!!!

But yeah guys, cool to see your thoughts, much like mine which very few differences.

H3LL I miss these 70-80 times.

Now all we have is or crazy way too agressive and thoughtless players and big headed ones, aside very few exceptions, like Martin Broveur and Crosby. Hopefully the Junior recruts will change that in the coming years.

Speaking of agressive I'm so surprised that the Flyers aren't in. Always loved that team. Mostly because Bobby Diabetic Clarke and so am I was in during the 80s. He was always smiling, what a cool guy. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-08 01:34:18)