Re: Last horror movie you watched?

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Texas Chainsaw (2013) - I loved what the did in the opening, I'll give them props for that. Beyond that the story had some potential but it just didn't quite feel right for a TCM title, maybe its just me, but the changing of the characters names and the whole story arc just didn't fit for me. Although, there was some decent grue, and the story was kinda different for TCM even if it felt weird to me.

6/10

I felt the same way about Texas Chainsaw. I loved the first 40 minutes of the movie but after that it took a turn for the worse IMO.

The Collection

Texas Chainsaw started really well, I thought. Overall it was much better than I was expecting. The time continuity was a tad distracting, though.

What did you think of The Collection, JJ? It came across as pretty good to me, maybe too over-the-top, but a nice Saturday night flick.

And Creature, very cool write-up there. I don't know if I'll ever get around to watching that movie. There are some things I just don't really wanna put myself through!

Bad Kids Go to Hell. I didn't really like it.

Death-O Lantern - bad in almost every imaginable way, but still a ton of fun. Hopefully the guys a Warlock home video will keep up the good work. 7/10

Dream Home - a very solid slasher flick from Hong Kong, but I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed after it was over. I liked it, but didn't think it was as great as everyone told me it was. 7/10

I Sell the Dead 7/10

I have next:

The Tooth Fairy (2006)
Mountaintop Motel Massacre
Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

The Fugue (2012) It took a while to remember the name of this movie then, I total forgot the name of the movie. (I only saw this less then 48 hours ago!)

This is a very low budget movie, it felt like one those home made you tube videos, yet some of those clips were better filmed then this movie.

This girl is jogging and talks to stranger and then stranger attack her (Meanwhile she is be investigative by someone)

But turn what see is not what we should believe in and they stop the well, this funny silly dark ghost comes of well and pull the man in but then it turns out that not truth at all, cause there was no ghost, only the girl!

I was total confused what the hell was happening in this movie and they as the movie goes its' get even more confusing and no they don't once make is clear!

The acting was very weak and very felt very staged like.

A Waste of time!
1 out 10

The Lost Episode (2012) aka "Pennhurst"

I thought this movie was going to be one of those Hand-Held Camera but however they try to make it out it is like ones of those movies.

I thought the plot was okay, they had decent idea of twist in this movie, even thought twist is very predicable from start of the movie.

Number of people go to this building to film before they go into the building this tall guy tells not to go in and yet he goes in there with them.

Thought out the movie loud noise and people screaming and the mad doctor is stalking this place after all these year!

One by one they all getting killed by this made doctor in this haunted place, torture scenes were really badly done too.

The movie was very boring and wasn't actually stopped watching the movie, while cleaning up and having this on in the back ground for most of time.

The acting in this movie was really bad, it had laughing for most of the times, when the over act the lines

2 out 10

Backslasher (Video 2012)

This as got to be one of worst acting movie I ever seem, I was thinking of turn it the movie of just after 5 minutes in the acting was really bad and then acting just got even worse and makes this movie Very Un-watch-able

As I did't see the full movie I don't think I will even try to watch this movie, as I don't there enough beer in world to seat thought this movie.

Scream of Fear (1961). Effective Hammer suspense thriller. 9/10.

Mama

In the Mouth of Madness (1994)

I really like this movie, but this viewing I felt there were some pacing issues. Just kind of struck me a few times, but then again, this movie always fluctuates between being a 7/10 or 8/10 to me. Depends on my (stupid) mood. Movie has a cool concept, really dig the music, and Sam Neill is great.

THE CELL [2000] rewatch

Man I remember when I saw it the first time I came out of it feeling really uneasy but with a HUGE smile on my face because that movie is truely an amazing experience. So many magnifitient shots it's nuts, the box, the boat in the desert, the bedroom, the girl caught in a full of water cage, the psycho hanging from the wall by ring piercings, the sliced living horse and my favorite of them all, when Vince Vaugh wakes up on the beach with a few ultra weird girls moving and throwing their lines at him one after the other. What a freaking insanely crazy and weird scene.

But my favorite of the whole thing is when the extremely sexy in this, her clothes made her body looking more beautiful than ever JLo kills the pycho and tells him, you're in my world now. My world, my rules and pierces him with her sword. WOAH FUCK WOAH YESSSsss!!!

Brilliant piece.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-06 10:35:56)

Room 237... if that counts, which it doesn't really. Flick pissed me off with it's annoying, stretching for conspiracies bullshit.

Last actual horror flick would be Mama. Very, very disappointed.

Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013) - When Heather travels to Texas to collect her inheritance, she unravels the mystery of her true family history.  But when she and her three friends arrive, they stumble upon the deadly part of the bequest that lives in the basement and wields a chainsaw.   lt starts off pretty good, with flashbacks of the original film and a little added back story, then then goes right into your standard slasher fare with attractive kids doing stupid things and being brutally killed as a result.  Then they flip the story a bit, which I actually kind of enjoyed.  But overall, minus the excellent FX work by KNB, it felt like a cheap money grab to cash in on the Texas Chainsaw name. Just okay.  3/5.

The Pit (1981) - Jamie Benjamin is a loner whose odd behavior makes him the target of his school mates and most of the townspeople.  But when he makes a disturbing discovery in the forest he finds the means to seek revenge on those that have wronged him.  Typical 80's fare with a Goosebumps/Gate vibe.  Jamie is a creepy kid, but on the whole, the acting is pretty weak and the movie is pretty dull.  It picks up a bit in the final acts, but it is nothing to write home about.  2.5/5.

Hellgate (1990) - A group of friends investigate a ghost town with a mysterious past and discover Josie, a woman murdered in the 50's now reanimated by her father to seek revenge against all strangers.  Just bad, and not bad in a good way only either.  A little gratuitous nudity which was nice, but apart from that, perhaps the only highlight was recognizing Ron Palillo, better known as Arnold Horshack from Welcome Back, Kotter.  1.5/5.

Sea of Dust (2008) - I tried 3 times to sit through this and just couldn't.  I made it about two thirds of the way through and finally gave up.  Supposedly a nod to the Hammer films, a brief cameo by Ingrid Pitt hardly justifies that claim, it is just a poorly done mess.  Since I didn't finish it, I will refrain from giving it a score.

The Creature wrote:

A Serbian Film (2010). Oooff.

I particularly enjoyed this a lot and your review as well.

BTW where are people buying the "uncut" version. I purchased directly from the studio a while back because they couldn't seem to get a distributor for the uncut film. I got one but it doesn't play right. It almost looks like a handmade burned dvd. I'd love to try and get another uncut version.

@ Chomper, Theli, and Joe Terror, thanks guys!

JoeTerror, I believe the uncut version is the one I watched. I saw it in full on YouTube, in 1 hour and 39 minute length.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-05-06 16:47:11)

^I wonder Creature, IMDB lists the uncut version at 104 minutes and the cut version at 95 minutes.  I am pretty sure that I watched the cut version, which was good enough for me.  I don't know that it warrants another watch just to see what I missed.

^

I wonder when I will watch this. I know I will at some point in the future.

Ginger Snaps

alien25 wrote:

^I wonder Creature, IMDB lists the uncut version at 104 minutes and the cut version at 95 minutes.  I am pretty sure that I watched the cut version, which was good enough for me.  I don't know that it warrants another watch just to see what I missed.

I don't know either, but my guess is that despite whatever version of the film you saw, it's good enough. I haven't seen the cut version, but I'm betting it's still disturbing as all hell.

^Yeah, it is one that I am not likely to revisit.

alien25 wrote:

^Yeah, it is one that I am not likely to revisit.

Certainly understandable.

Maniac 2013....I really liked it despite the flaws
Evil Dead 2013... Wanted so badly to like this one but couldn't. The gore was great but that was all.

I just watched Maniac 2012 as well and I kind of enjoyed it. I don't recall the original at all except I remember the guy was kind of skeevy. Elijah did a pretty nice job and it had some nice gore. Were some pacing issues but overall I liked it.

8/10

Trailer Red Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPdzB1oGifw

p.s. I agree about Evil Dead. ;o)

hostel2006 wrote:

Maniac 2013....I really liked it despite the flaws
Evil Dead 2013... Wanted so badly to like this one but couldn't. The gore was great but that was all.

MoonRaven wrote:

Ginger Snaps

Damn I worship and love this one.
One of the best ever for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Katharine Isabelle...

Slasher House (2012) - Red awakens alone in a cell of an abandoned asylum with no memory of who she is or how she got there.  As the door to her cell opens, she discovers that she is not alone in the asylum.  She is surrounded by the worlds most notorious serial killers, and it is clear that there is a deadly game afoot.  Can she unravel her past and use the clues she discovers to determine her part in the game in time to be the final girl?
I realize this is a low budget flick, and in some respects they did a decent job.  The story is cool and the film itself has a nice look to it.  But the sound was horrible, with background noise, echo and sound FX drowning out the barely audible dialogue.  The gore was very limited with some of the FX being downright hokey, like knives pulled out of bodies with no blood on them.  Then there was the fact that there were only 4 killers, I guess that was probably due to the budget, but I would have liked to see more action.  I was expecting more from this one, and unfortunately, it did not deliver.  2.5/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-05-07 12:56:21)