Topic: Check out our KS to GIVE AWAY my newest movie!

Take a look at our first-of-its-kind Kickstarter campaign--if successful, I will be uploading my newest feature "Garden of Hedon" to the internet FOR FREE. To torrents, to Youtube, to Vimeo. In super high-quality. Basically, giving it away.

SPREAD THE HEDONISM

And before you think this is spam, I've been on this message board since 2007...and even featured a blurb from one horror-movies.ca member in my FOC2 Final Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHP1Vdrm2l0

So check out the KS--drop a buck and/or spread the link, and come July you could be watching this flick for NOTHING!

Last edited by kevink (2013-04-20 16:18:49)

Re: Check out our KS to GIVE AWAY my newest movie!

btw: if Cap Howdy or Loudlon want the actual press release for the horror-movies news plus an exclusive pic, shoot me a message and where to send them and I will send them there.

Send all official press news to scoops@horror-movies.ca
Lon and I just keep the mayhem on the boards to a minimum, it's Meh who runs the show.

I actually quite want to see this movie, I had sent an e-mail to your website a while ago looking for updates on when it would be released. Good to see it's still coming along. So is not being distributed by Lion's Gate?

No, Lionsgate and I had a slight parting of the ways when they tried to lowball on me FOC2. And honestly,  after going through the distribution thing with four movies I can tell you that it's the WORST part of filmmaking.

And the money they're offering nowadays upfront is ridiculous...so I had this idea. I mentioned it to some people and was surprised by how many really liked it, and were kind of surprised nobody had done it before.

Then I did it. Also, if you go to the KS link above, click on UPDATES--I just posted the final trailer, which shows off some of the gore.

Will send the press release to the email above. Also, anyone have questions they want answered on video, post 'em here and I'll try to respond to them in an upcoming video update. (and will read where they're from, so it's free advertising for ya!). They can be about anything you want, not just my movies. Think outside the box if ya want!

Distributors are full of SHIT. The filmmaker gets fucked, and that's all I have to say about it. Self distribution is hard, but at least if there's any money made, you get to keep it for busting your ass.

aceofspades70 wrote:

Distributors are full of SHIT. The filmmaker gets fucked, and that's all I have to say about it. Self distribution is hard, but at least if there's any money made, you get to keep it for busting your ass.

They definitely are--you just need someone on your side making sure they're not ripping you off TOO bad. I got a decent deal on FOC1--then it made LG big money even though it's a pretty sub-par flick(let's all admit it).  smile

The funny part is that at the time they offered me twice the money to go shoot FOC2 and deliver it within 18 months--in retrospect, had I known the market was going to crash pretty hard, I should have just dropped my ethics and shot a $20K movie about a woman trapped in the house and Shivers attacks her--cashed the check and moved on.

But I actually thought--I want to make a better movie, the movie I really wanted to make when I did the first one. So I bankrolled it myself with what they paid me.

The market crashed, LG got mostly out of the business of micro-budget films, and their offer when I finally delivered a copy was insulting.

So I kept it--sell it on Amazon, and perhaps someday itunes. I'm actually supervising the HD blow-up of it with color correction, so I'm going to do a Blu-Ray at some point with all the extras.

That's the untold story of why FOC2 didn't go to Lionsgate...

I may actually shell out some dough to get the blu-ray and DVDs, depends how tight money is in the next couple days. I like to support the indie horror scene when I can, and I've been wanting to check out tbe Fear of Clowns movies too.

kevink wrote:
aceofspades70 wrote:

They definitely are--you just need someone on your side making sure they're not ripping you off TOO bad. I got a decent deal on FOC1--then it made LG big money even though it's a pretty sub-par flick(let's all admit it).  smile

The funny part is that at the time they offered me twice the money to go shoot FOC2 and deliver it within 18 months--in retrospect, had I known the market was going to crash pretty hard, I should have just dropped my ethics and shot a $20K movie about a woman trapped in the house and Shivers attacks her--cashed the check and moved on.

But I actually thought--I want to make a better movie, the movie I really wanted to make when I did the first one. So I bankrolled it myself with what they paid me.

The market crashed, LG got mostly out of the business of micro-budget films, and their offer when I finally delivered a copy was insulting.

So I kept it--sell it on Amazon, and perhaps someday itunes. I'm actually supervising the HD blow-up of it with color correction, so I'm going to do a Blu-Ray at some point with all the extras.

That's the untold story of why FOC2 didn't go to Lionsgate...

I hear ya man. I was offered world wide dist. for Gun Town. I would have received less than .50 a copy with no "performance guarantee". I don't think so. Oh, and they wanted to change the name and cover art.

Theli wrote:

I may actually shell out some dough to get the blu-ray and DVDs, depends how tight money is in the next couple days. I like to support the indie horror scene when I can, and I've been wanting to check out tbe Fear of Clowns movies too.

Thanks! But here's what you do if you get the 2 pack of FOC. Watch like 15 minutes of FOC, then fast forward so you only watch the scenes with Shivers until you get to the scene where the couple walks into the movie theater. From that scene on(it's like 30 minutes from the end), I'm relatively happy with the movie.

FOC2 I'm pretty proud of...

aceofspades70 wrote:

I hear ya man. I was offered world wide dist. for Gun Town. I would have received less than .50 a copy with no "performance guarantee". I don't think so. Oh, and they wanted to change the name and cover art.

That doesn't sound like a legit company at all--no real distributor offers per-unit prices. The scammers do, and then they put in language about returns and whatnot. (so just when you think you got money coming, they return all those copies they ordered, and then YOU owe THEM money...)

Wanna see a laughable deal I was offered? This was after I'd turned down LG and was trying to get FOC2 right to Netflix(before they had streaming):
http://foc-log.blogspot.com/2010/03/wor … media.html

This is the kind of scam artists out there. (and feel free to look around the blog--I've got tons of info in there about the fights I went through) It's rough out there.

Been a Clown myself a few months in the past so I LOVE Clowns and Horror. Saw Fear Of Clowns and gonna try to get number 2 at my DVD store.

But H3LL man, I knew it was hard but that much, I never thought.
Ahhh damn distribution companies. Very nice Blog BTW.

But like aceofspades said, maybe a pain to do to go indie all the way but it's more worth it.

Unless you just done a Freddy. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-24 23:16:22)

Was Hunting Humans ever available on DVD?

KxN--Thanks for the nice words! But no video store will have FOC2 unless they specially-ordered it from me or Amazon. I never signed a DVD deal, so those are the only ways to get it. (and every time Amazon runs out of stock on it someone throws one up there for like $199...ridiculous)

Theli: Yes, Hunting Humans came out from MTI Home Video, then Trinity Films had the rights. Right now some FYE's have it in a 4 pack for $5.99--it looks like this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

It also came out on DVD in about 15 other countries. And last but not least, it was found in an actual serial killer's truck:
https://www.google.com/#safe=off&hl … mp;bih=648

Last edited by kevink (2013-04-25 01:20:49)

Alright, gotcha. Thanks.

Sent a release to the scoops email. Not sure if it got through(sometimes I get flagged as spam since I email from my servers--should probably get a gmail account...)

We're about to post a video update that some of my longtime fans will get a kick out of.

The new UPDATE Video is live--anyone who likes/dislikes clowns and especially saw either of my Fear of Clowns movies may like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8E46XSnBDI

It's very cool. I like the shots a lot. Keep it up!!!

Thanks! We have a new update coming that completely makes us look like dicks, but hopefully will make people laugh. It's funny, that clown update video got over 13000 views in like 2 days...clearly I gotta make another clown movie. smile

Just pledged $50 to get the Blu-ray and FoC DVDs. A thousand more of me and you will reach the goal!

Theli wrote:

Just pledged $50 to get the Blu-ray and FoC DVDs. A thousand more of me and you will reach the goal!

Thanks! And yep, just 980 more of you and it's MOVIE TIME for everybody! smile

And here's the newest update video I promised--a loose adaptation of Richard Matheson's "Button, Button". And this is the first place I have posted the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDdudhvaHPc

Pardon my bad acting--it's the reason I don't act in my movies... smile

Last edited by kevink (2013-05-21 02:11:30)