Re: Marvel Universe VS Wolverine

LoudLon wrote:

And I REALLY FUCKING HATE deluded fanboys who say Batman can beat anyone with prep.  I like Batman but he has to be the single most over-rated character in the history of comic books.

Batman is my go to when it comes to any comics, and I'll agree he can be beaten by a lot of real heroes.  He's just a guy with money who can afford cool toys.  Against someone with true abilities, he's at a distinct disadvantage.  He's detective, first and foremost.  Although JLA: Tower of Babel and Dark Knight Returns both have him getting a leg up on stronger heroes, I dont think it's something he could always do

That said, as far as overrated, maybe based on abilities.  But theres no denying the thing that really carries Batman is his villains.  His Rogues Gallery is unparalleled in my opinion.  These are the charcters that drive batman stories to be so great.

Imo what sets marvel apart from dc is as good as humans are they can't really touch the heroes with real power.

Batman is crafty.  He has no real power other than his bank account but he makes it work.  Superman could rip him apart and I hate Superman but on pure powers alone.  I think the game Injustice Gods Among Us do it properly

A friend literally just shared this photo.  Figured I'd take it and post it here with our current conversation

http://i.imgur.com/a0651wN.jpg

That is an awesome poster and now that I think about it, super true.  Only ninja superhero is Batman! Spider-Man is still my favorite