Re: Stanley Cup 2013

Glad the Hawks won, they finally played like the did for most of the season.  And I am glad that the Sens won too.  Nice to see Anderson having a good year in net for them.

I'm really more a fan of the Flyers than the sport, as opposed to MLB or NFL where I can watch any game.  So unless the FlyGuys are in, I'm not really interested.  And screw the NBA- flopping, preferential ref treatment for the stars, taking 4 steps with no walking calls, etc.  I love the NCAA tourney though, that's how basketball should be played.

/end confused post

Hahaha azathoth. They'll have to play differently than they always do for that. Start big end up bad. Every year.

And yes alien, Anderson was amazing yesterday, he was a damn brick wall in front of the net.

Today on all the news everybody's crying annoyingly about the crapnadians loss. Yeah I know it's the only team we have in Quebec but come on, the team was so bad this year it's lucky they made it there. They should be happy that they even made it so far unlike my Devils and Brodeur. Well at least he got more no goals games into his growing record. Love the guy, met him once and he was too cool. He's my Ken Dryden of these days. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

And yes alien, Anderson was amazing yesterday, he was a damn brick wall in front of the net.

Former goalie for the Avs/Nordiques. smile
His former teammate didn't fare as well in the other net though.

Yeah I know. Well OF COURSE I do, die-hard fan of the Nordiques that I am. Hopefully they'll come back, looks promising they started building the new stadium so.

Can't wait for tonight's games. I don't watch as much sports on TV than during the Stanley Cup. I check almost every match. lol

Oh my god, I almost had a heart attack watching that wings game.  Barely winning in overtime, forcing a Game 7.  That's hockey, baby!

Ok, just gotta say, for all the Fyer knockin goin on...reminder that they are three years removed from a game six Stanley Cup Finals loss.  So, they have made it a LOT farther then almost ALL other teams in the league recently.  I'm not a Flyer fan per se, but had to add that to their defense.

Yes, I am glad Wings / Ducks is going to seven games.  Exactly what I wanted.  Several overtimes and a seven game series.  I'm actually not even sure who I want the Hawks to play...common sense says the Wings cuz they squeaked into the playoffs and the Hawks swept them this year.  Yet, the Wings make me nervous, so think I'll just let it play out and see what happens.

Go Hawks!

Oh yes, that's true. I like the Flyers. They're just like Boston to me. EXTREMELY aggressive. No one can be as much as these 2.

My dream finals is definitely Red Wings VS Blackhawks. Where that'd be quite a thrill to see the Hwaks beat the legendary Wings but who knows.

^ You mean after the divisions change around next year and the Hawks / Wings can meet in final Finals?  That would be interesting.

Yes, they're actually the best teams in the whole NHL so I can't wait for this to happen.

The Wings are like a playoff clutch team.  They've been down 3-0, 3-1 etc in a series and came back and won so often.  22 straight playoff appearances, 4 Cups in the past 15 years....never underestimate them.  I would love nothing more than Hawks to play the Wings.  I've always considered Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit and Boston to be just the best teams in the NHL on a consistent basis and pure talent.

Yes that's exactly the same to me. Been years like that. They're always very consistent and that's why I like them so much.

I like them because they play 10 minutes from here and I'm very prideful of my local teams.  Them being good is a plus.  I"m loyal to the Tigers and Lions, too.  Tigers in the early 2000's and Lions...forever, takes a lot to be loyal to them.  Luckily the Tigers have beenone of the best teams the past 3 years or so.

Oh lucky you, NJ is quite a long ride from here, about 400-500 kms so I only went once there but I enjoyed it so much I can never forget it. Can't forget meeting Martin Brodeur either, what a guy, amazingly cool dude.

Glad the Hawks totally destroyed Min. 5-1 wow man. Sweet!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-11 03:00:00)

Minnesota started this half season off SO strongly and once they slipped, they never recovered.  It was cool to see them in the playoffs, but sorry, Chicago trumps

kXnPunk wrote:

My little bro almost made it to the NHL but decided to stop competition after being the second best scorer of the Junior Major league.

Right after Crosby can you imagine???

That's pretty cool man!  You played goalie?  What level?

That's cool you met Brodeur.  He is probably my favorite goalie.  His rookie season, around 93, when they went to 7 games against the Rangers was probably one of my most memorable years of hockey.  The University of Wisconsin, where I am, has produced some pretty good goalies.  Mike Richter and Curtis Joseph (Cujo) are two of them.

Do you guys remember that commercial Brodeur did that got taken down cuz people found it offensive?  I barely remember it, but it had something to do with poking fun at French Canadiens and using the word frog.

Detroit has been a constant contender through out most of the NHL.  However, Chicago has not.  They have actually been pretty bad, and even when they were in the six didn't see a lot of success.  Yeah they've had some years here and there, but haven't been one of the regular good teams.  That's what has made it difficult being a Hawk fan.

The second Johnny Toews came to Chicago and Kane, I knew they were going to be the team to beat.  Obviously I was right with their Cup win.  The lineup of them, Sharp and Hossa was like a dream team once they figured everything out.  Even now, a few years later and older, they're still some of the best guys in the league, Towes and Kane.

Ghostseeker, I stopped in Midget AA.

And yes I remember that Brodeur's ad it was so funny. lol

What the H3LL's going on with Boston. Yes I like the Leafs but never as much as the Bruins so I'm pretty pissed now.

Congrats to Pittsburgh advancing to Round 2.  Now that it's after midnight, later today, hopefully, Boston and Detroit will both win and advance to Round 2, as well.

There my crap father's team but I still like them because it's the team of the league that has the most Quebeckers players. Another great Quebec made goaYay. Round 2s gonna be cool. The more it goes, the cooler it becomes. YAY!!! big_smile

My all time list of favorite goes like this:
NORDIQUES
Blackhawks
Gretsky's Oilers
Red Wings
Jets
80's Whalers
Pinguins
Flyers
Islanders
Bruins
Capitals
Dryden & Lafleur's Canadians They were far from being crapnadians back then. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-12 00:53:55)

I'm confused, is your list ^ your favorite teams, or favorite teams with Canadians on them or something else?

No just favorite teams.

Ok, well mine would be the Hawks in general.  Especially the 90's with JR, Chelios, Amonte, Suter, Carney and Belfour.  Also, now of course.

Then the Coyotes from 1996 - 2001, with JR, Tkachuk, Amonte, Carney and Khabibulin...The Berlin Wall.

The Flyers 2003 - 2004 with JR, John LeClair and Amonte.

Then, the 93 and 94 Devils with Brodeur, Bernie Nicholls, Claude Lemieux, Scott Stevens, Bruce driver and many under the radar great team players.

90s Hawks with Chelios were awesome.
And they still are.

Yeah these years Devils. They're still my best that I didn't include in the list, seemed quite evident but I still like 'em even if they had a hard time this year. Last wasn't bad so hopefully they come back in shape. We can't forget that they're a team that is still building up. Sad that Lemaire retired again cause he's build up a nice team when he was there.

Lots of important hockey today, 3 series can all come to an end! So exciting