Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

a few PICK UP ARTIST books and now the Vince Neil Biography

People Live Still in Cashtown Corners

By the author of Pontypool Changes Everything. I haven't read it yet because I am still reading a book and have another after that, but this will be next.

Theli wrote:

Very nice! I was planning on read The Exorcist right away, but decided to start The Fog first, and I want to read Joe Hill's nos4a2 as well. So many books so little time.

I know the feeling. I keep buying books and they keep pilling up.
Not to mention the 350 or so I downloaded on my iPad hmm

I just bought the new Dan Brown book, Inferno! It's the new story of Robert Langdon this time dealing with Dante's Divine Comedy!  I can't wait to read it when it arrives later this week

Sweet!

I just ordered a copy od The Dark Man, Illustrated version by Stephen King.

Those are sweet.  I wanted to get the special edition they did for IT and couldn't get my hands on one.  Can't wait for King's Dr Sleep

No doubt! Wish I could've afforded the signed addition, but I am stoked nonetheless. Maybe I'll get lucky and win the draw (yeah right).

Last edited by Theli (2013-05-14 18:59:41)

While at Barnes & Noble today, I bought:

Space Chronicles by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Hyperspace by Michio Kaku
A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence Krauss
The Magic of Reality by Richard Dawkins
The Collected Poems of Allen Ginsberg

I'm a bibliophile. I've got too much reading material on my hands. But I'm content! big_smile

I finally finished reading The Fog by James Herbert. I kept getting delayed as work has picked up lately and I am moving on the first of June. I have to say it is a rather enjoyable book. it starts out rather vicious and shocking, and only lets up it's unrelenting pace slightly. It's a good mix of a horror novel and a disaster thriller. The characters in the book are interesting, either minor or major character, in a way that they don't feel like they are good or bad, just people with complex lives and personalities stuck in a horrible mind shattering situation. Even Holman the main character doesn't come across as a squeaky clean hero. Overall a good book.

Gonna have a quick read of Tom Piccirilli's Walls of the Castle next.

I've downloaded a bunch of free zombie books from Amazon, but haven't had the time to read them.

Finally started reading Dan Brown's Inferno and wow, 100 pages in and I'm loving it so much.  Such a cool subject to read about from such a great author

Just finished reading Horns by Joe Hill

Although I'm reading a few books right now, I started rereading Stephen King's Different Seasons yesterday, got about 4 pages into Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption before my wife called me away.

horrorfan26 wrote:

Just finished reading Horns by Joe Hill

How was it? I picked up Nos4a2, but haven't gotten to reading it yet.

Burgess A Clockwork Orange. Damn so freaking violent even more in Burgess book than in Kubrick's movie which was already heavy.

A masterpiece more added to my collection. Not expensive, got it at the used books place. 10$ for that is almost given.

Very nice!

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey

The Creature wrote:

I've got too much reading material on my hands.

And I was thinking you were a smart guy right up until you made this dumbass statement.
There ain't no such thing as too much reading material wink

Udo wrote:

The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey

Always loved this one. No wonder. big_smile

Cap Howdy wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I've got too much reading material on my hands.

And I was thinking you were a smart guy right up until you made this dumbass statement.
There ain't no such thing as too much reading material wink

lol
Thanks for keeping me in line, Cap. That's very true.
May the pages keep turning until the day we die.

Haunted by chuck palahniuk, heard a few few things about it and sounds quite good.

^I read that not too long ago. I kind of had mixed feelings about it. Worth the read though.

Theli wrote:

^I read that not too long ago. I kind of had mixed feelings about it. Worth the read though.

ive read most people had mixed feelings and had put me of for ages but the cocept of the story sounds interesting,survival in theatre,writing the best horror story,dont know much about it tho not started yet but looking forward to it.

Don't judge, but I'm reading the last Sookie Stackhouse book. I'm kind of glad this is the last one.  Went downhill in the last few books.  I'm only reading it for closure.

Just finished reading The Shining by Stephen King