Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^I love that movie, I don't care what anyone says. It's damn funny.

Still need to check out Mama, but now that it's out on DVD I'll go out of my way to check it out.

wolfman1959 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Emily Perkins is so pretty in this one.

you're not bad yourself smile

Why thank you wink

@UDog & Theli-  I've watched it a couple more times.  I thought it would dull on me, but it didn't.  Well, except the stuff at the college.

DeadHeads (2011)

This was nice twist on zombie movies, Which I don't think it's be done before but I found the first half the movie very funny at times.

As the movies goes on, I didn't really find some of the jokes that funny at all,  I got really bored in the middle of the movie.

I didn't really thing the movie was that gory at all for zombie movie, there maybe body Parts being pulled  there some strange moment were zombie guts were used as  a rope

The acting was really good from the whole

6 out of 10

"Jigoku Kôshien" /Battlefield Baseball (2003)

I don't what to make of this movie, it as got to be one of the most strangest,   weediest horror comedy movie I have ever seen.

The plot  to this Battlefield Baseball is a tough game--it doesn't end until all the members on the opposing team are dead. In this game the Gedo High team is composed of blue-faced zombies, and their opponents on the Seido High team know they don't have a chance at beating them

This movie like no other zombies, I have seen, the first part of the movie is with about the headmaster who is coaching baseball team, They  going face the same Zombie team who killed his players in the last, which we see before the titles.

We  do get see one gory death on scenes but we do see the aftermath of dead body parts torn off all over the place, he hated the fact it same team again.

He one of funniest people in the movie, he had laughing a number of times

also a New kids as come to the school who seem to be really good at baseball but he stopped and then he explains though song , yes a song, how his dad died, in a very funny song!

As this movies goes on, it's gets weird and wearied and never stops at all until very last scene of the movie.

There some really funny moment in this movie, that I could not stop laughing and I loved the ending of the movie,  thought really classic ending and very funny!

The most bizarre, Horror, Comedy  and I never seen anything liked this before!

I give this 9 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-05-11 17:30:48)

Laid To Rest

THE AWAKENING [2011]

Oh damn yes I was glad to see Rebecca Hall that I loved in Vicky Cristina Barcelona and in this she totally delivers. Dominic West isn't bad either. What an awesome movie with a really cool story. I'm a total sucker for Ghost stories and this one is well done. Some brutal scenes and some very good photography. A very fun one that was. Enjoyed.

666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-12 21:16:45)

Ooga Booga (2013) (IMDB link)
A Full Moon film, with requisite pimping of it's new dolls at the end of the film.

If you can get past the stereotypes, blatant racism, offensive language ("niglet" ?!), random rape, fat hooker jiggling in all the wrong places, sub-community theatre acting, dialogue that irritates your bowels, and some nonsense about a killed kid getting his soul transferred into the Ooga Booga doll via Slushi machine electrical malfunction, then this is film for you!

2/10
It got an extra point for the doll running around yelling "ooga ooga booga booga, err err yah" all the time.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah I dig it everytime I watch it. And that's a lot since I have it. lol

THE AWAKENING [2011]

Oh damn yes I was glad to see Rebecca Hall that I loved in Vicky Cristina Barcelona and in this she totally delivers. Dominic West isn't bad either. What an awesome movie with a really cool story. I'm a total sucker for Ghost stories and this one is well done. Some brutal scenes and some very good photography. A very fun one that was. Enjoyed.

666.666/10

Have you seen the spanish Del Toro produced flick, The orphanage Punk. I think that it is a similar (in terms of story) but vastly superior film in my humble opinion. The awakening I found wanting in several departments e.g the development of the story, especially towards the end. The Orphanage is also in my opinion a far more creepy and scary film.

azathoth wrote:

A Full Moon film, with requisite pimping of it's new dolls at the end of the film.

If you can get past the stereotypes, blatant racism, offensive language ("niglet" ?!), random rape, fat hooker jiggling in all the wrong places, sub-community theatre acting, dialogue that irritates your bowels, and some nonsense about a killed kid getting his soul transferred into the Ooga Booga doll via Slushi machine electrical malfunction, then this is film for you!

2/10
It got an extra point for the doll running around yelling "ooga ooga booga booga, err err yah" all the time.

Sounds like fodder for a movie night with a bunch of friends and few beers. You really do go out of your way to find the worst crap you can big_smile

Last edited by Theli (2013-05-12 19:30:06)

Finished Suspiria'
Perhaps another Argento movie in my future big_smile

The Hole. I really liked it.

Vasquez wrote:

Have you seen the spanish Del Toro produced flick, The orphanage Punk. I think that it is a similar (in terms of story) but vastly superior film in my humble opinion. The awakening I found wanting in several departments e.g the development of the story, especially towards the end. The Orphanage is also in my opinion a far more creepy and scary film.

Yes I have the DVD. And I agree they're sorta similar but Del Toro's a brilliant masterpiece. Very Creepy.

MOTHER'S DAY [2010] rewatch

Of course,, nothing better to watch on today. lol
I love about just anything in this one. Very nice ambiance and visuals.
Enjoyed it once more even more than the first time.

666.666.666/10

Killer Clowns from outer space. First time I ever saw it. It was better then what I thought it was going to be. It was cheesy in a good way. I can't believe it took me so long to see this ovie.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-05-13 02:00:53)

^^
Ah, it's classic cheese!
Ever see The Killer Tomatoes?  Not quite as good, but still silly fun.

azathoth wrote:

2/10

Other than that, how did you like the play Mr. Lincoln?

^^
HA!
It took me a second to get it, lol .
But the "ooga ooga booga booga, ooo oo yah"  stuff really was funny as heck.

kXnPunk you've been watching some of my favorites of recent, Thale, The Awakening, Inkeepers! All great in my opinion.

BTW just curious, it's not a horror flick but is Cloud Atlas worth a blind buy? The extended trailer i saw looked fantastic! Seen mixed reviews but trying not to read too much.

kXnPunk wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Just finished Ginger Snaps 3
Emily Perkins is so pretty in this one.

True. It's my favorite of the series, rocks so much.

THE INNKEEPERS [2011]

Being waiting so long to finally watch it and it didn't deceive me at all, quite the opposite really.
WOW SARAH PAXTON WOWOWOWOW!!! She's so damn awesome in this one it's just great. Girl can freaking deliver awesome performances.
And the whole atmosphere of the flick is definitely sinister and way creepy so yes I was satisfied. What beautiful photography this has it's brilliant. Yup, glad I finally got around to watch it. Enjoyed every second of it.

666.666.666/10

The Hole.....never even heard of it until now, just saw it on Netflix.  Still early in the movie but cool set up so far.

Joe Terror, haven't seen Cloud Atlas yet but everything I read/seen about it looks fabulous. Plus H3LL, it's the Matrix bros so it just can't be bad.

And damn, HALLE BERRY!!!

OldLaughingGardenLady boy, which one is it???
The 2001 with Thora Birch or the 2009 with the oh so cute Haley Bennet???

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter 9/10

Very nice mix of swashbuckling adventure action and mysterious gothic horror.

Jack's Back (1988) - A serial killer in Los Angeles celebrates Jack the Ripper's 100th birthday by committing similar murders.  A young doctor is suspected of the crimes until he too is murdered. 
Uneventful for the most part, but still a decent flick, especially since it stars Cynthia Gibb, who is such a little cutie.  3/5.

Shock aka Beyond the Door II (1977) - A young couple is terrorized in their new home when the spirit of her ex-husband possesses their son. 
The kid was kind of creepy, and annoying to boot, but that was about it.  The rest I found to be rather boring.  2/5.

Viy (1967) - After a frightening encounter with a Witch, a young priest is ordered to preside over the wake of a young woman in a remote village.  Armed only with his faith, he must spend three nights alone with her body in a small wooden church.
I've had this flick out of the Soviet Union on my list since hearing about the remake several years ago.  It is not really creepy or scary by any means,  and is perhaps more of a fantasy film, but it is humorous at times and beautifully shot.  A fun film that is very reminiscent of classic Hollywood movies.  3/5.

The Mad Butcher (1971) - After his release from a mental hospital, Otto Lehman tries to regain his status as the best butcher in Vienna, when in a fit of rage, he accidentally kills his nagging wife.  But how will he dispose of the body?  Well by adding it to his sausages of course.  As word of his tasty sausages spreads around Vienna, other people in Otto's life begin to disappear. 
Nothing great, but a fun little black comedy.  3/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-05-13 14:02:46)

Fright Night (1985)

Black Death - a nice, entertaining piece of gothic horror with a nice refreshing(although very dark) story with a couple of cool gore scenes. 8/10

Nightmare(uncut) AKA Nightmare in a Damaged Brain AKA Blood Splash - doesn't have as high of a body count as some 80's slashers but still manages to be one of the better ones from the golden era. The setting is fantastic switching back and forth from the sleazy streets of New York to the swampy deep south, the score was eerie and the kills scenes were nice and gory. 9/10

Sorry you didn't enjoy Shock, alien.  That's my favorite M. Bava flick. hmm

Hellgate (1990) (IMDB link)
Back in the 50s a motorcycle "gang" kidnaps a young girl, who ends up dead.  Decades later her dad finds a "magic" crystal that can raise the dead and other random stuff.  Girl comes back to life, a few animals explode.  Teenagers hear the story and get involved for some ill-defined reason.  Joy is felt by absolutely no one.

The story makes about as much sense as putting a wolverine down your pants voluntarily.  The crystal's FX are just a bit above scratching the film.  Acting is a four letter word in this film.  It's funny-bad in the sense that HQ & I could go MST3K on it, but don't watch it alone unless you're having some insomnia or you hate yourself.

3/10