Topic: Studiocanal launching search for THE WICKER MAN UNCUT!

Okay, so I use the site all the time for horror news but never actually posted on the forums. I was quite surprised to see that you guys hadn't done a post on this yet.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/17 … ng-footage

Studiocanal are looking to create the definitive Wicker Man release on DVD/Blu-ray by uncovering the missing cut which is rumoured to be under a motorway in the UK. However rather than dig up a public roadway they're looking to the internet to find someone, anyone with information that could lead them to the holy grail of cult film!

I myself think this is an awesome story and a truly worthy quest. It's no secret that Robin Hardy wanted the longer cut released back in the 70's and maybe now it's time.... as long as fans like myself and you guys spread the word that the HUNT is on!

Do you think Studiocanal are going the right way about the search? Is there an untapped market they should be looking at for this task... I'm not sure but I for one wish them luck.

Appeal page launched: https://www.facebook.com/WickerManAppeal?ref=hl

Last edited by The Wicker Fan (2013-05-14 07:33:40)

Re: Studiocanal launching search for THE WICKER MAN UNCUT!

I'm happy with the existing cut of the original and the FINALLY sequel, Wicker Tree

I love the current release but aren't you a little curious to see if the missing footage changes the tone of the film in any way?

I love The Wicker Tree as well, saw it at Frightfest with a Hardy Q&A he's a top man!

No...not really.  I mean, yeah it would be cool.  But the movie is so old now what does it really matter? It's already cemented as a cult classic and favorite amongst horror fans.  What if the cut hurts the film?  That's what worries me.

I think any alternative cut will hurt a film for some fans but its interesting to see what will turn up. The Facebook Page linked in the original post already has some great posts on it, one from the guy who worked on the original US art for the 70's theatrical release! smile

The film has history. I myself would love to see the producers cut of The Curse of Michael Myers but have no clue on how to get my hands on it.

There's loads of alternative routes in the world of horror and The Wicker Man search is another chapter opening but the fact that the film stock was dumped or vanished is just another part of the fun The Wicker Man has to offer....

The Curse of Michael Myers is online everywhere but i would love a real release of it.  Nothing would make me happier than that cut!

See? Whose to say this 'uncut' Wicker Man wouldn't be just as jouyous?

Although now I'm going to have to look up that Alternate Halloween cut. it's a shame that more distributors are more proactive when it comes to stuff like this although Studiocanal have done it before for other releases but this has to be the biggest challenge yet.

I was actually surprised to see so many leads in such a short space of time.

Me, Golem and HorrorQueen watched the longer version of this not long ago. Like it describes in the article it was pretty poor quality however.

Yeah i have the director's cut, it's pretty bad ass. It even comes in a wooden case, with something like 18 additional minutes. The added scenes don't really add much, it almost makes it feel like less like a horror movie and more of a cult musical. Freaking awesome anyway. I would buy it again on blu-ray too, especially if they uncover more footage. The Wicker Man is one of my all time favourite horror movies.

I was a late arrival to The Wicker man, I'd seen it when I was younger but it hadn't made such an impact and then Studiocanal did its restoration and I was hooked. I'm a horror fan who loves musicals, so The wicker man is perfect for me!