Topic: What Ever Happened To....

There are always the films that seem to get made, talk about getting made, and then suddenly they drop off the face of the earth.  One day you wake up and wham!  There it is on the store shelf or reading about it's impending street date. 

Personally, I'm wondering what ever happened to Solomon Kane; I know it got released in the UK, but did it get released in the USA?

Re: What Ever Happened To....

Nope, most people expected the release to coincide with the new Conan movie, but still no, sad, because it was actually a good movie.

Gallowwalker is another one.  That one has been done for a long time, and it looked like it was going to be really cool, but I have not been able to find it anywhere.  I wonder if it is in limbo because of Wesley Snipes legal issues.

doc_notter wrote:

Nope, most people expected the release to coincide with the new Conan movie, but still no, sad, because it was actually a good movie.

Wouldn't be surprised if Conan bombing ($48.9million worldwide on $90million budget) has helped to delay the release stateside.

Man, forgot about Gallowalker.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was cause of legal issues; but thought they were worked out.

Good topic. I am particularly disappointed that the fourth Reanimator movie - where he was supposed to be depicted in the White House - fell through.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

There are always the films that seem to get made, talk about getting made, and then suddenly they drop off the face of the earth.  One day you wake up and wham!  There it is on the store shelf or reading about it's impending street date. 

Personally, I'm wondering what ever happened to Solomon Kane; I know it got released in the UK, but did it get released in the USA?

What the hell happened to Gingerclown? That was suppose to come out way before and we're still waiting for it to be released.

The longer a movie stays in production/getting made, the more worried I become. It just spells out problems and normally the originally feel is lost.

And Ghostbusters??? Come on give it to me NOOOW!!!

What about Boneboys from Kim Henkel? It was originally going to be his TCM remake.

I had watched Solomon Kane just on the net, it was actually pretty good. It got screwed by being leaked to early and evidently not securing a US release. How unfortunate.

I just read yesterday that Gallowwalker is going to be released this summer on DVD.  Bout time!

SOLOMON KANE is pretty available out here in Aberdeen and Aberdeen's what they used to call a hick town.  I rented it a while back-mediocre.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

It is on streaming netflix

i'm hearing jeepers creepers 3 is going to be a straight to dvd relaease

The film THE GORILLA GANG?  A German flick from 1968 but not released to the states until 1973 where it was also known as APE CREATURE, THE GORILLA OF SOHO and THE GORILLAS VS. SCOTLAND YARD-shown in Detroit with the overrated Duane Jones "cult" film GANJA AND HESS (DOUBLE POSSESSION,  BLOOD COUPLE,  BLACK VAMPIRE,  BLACK EVIL and THE VAMPIRE OF HARLEM are it's akas.).  I recall seeing the poster a couple times back then and seeing it listed as a "drive-in circuit" flick in the newspaper, but have never even heard of it since then.  Neither on TV, DVD or VHS.