Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Chained. (2012). 8/10.

LoudLon wrote:

Sorry you didn't enjoy Shock, alien.  That's my favorite M. Bava flick. hmm

Yeah I'd heard good things about it, but unfortunately it didn't do anything for me Lon.

Az, I just watched that last week.  Did you recognize Ron Palillo (Arnold Horschack) from Welcome Back Kotter?

Watched Pontypool again. Not drunk this time and it occurred to me that it really was a french canadian separatist terrorist attack - a virus activated by and multiplying  in spoken english. Oh those wascally Frenchies.

Last edited by fredgarvin (2013-05-13 19:02:14)

^^^
Hahaha yeah we're mad us Quebeckers. I'm the best proof. lol

RAPE OF THE VAMPIRE [1968]

Oh crazy flick. Crazy but extremely lovely.
Of course, naked Vamp babes so it couldn't be different. lol
This one is a french one and the cinematography is actually fantasticly beautiful. Yeah I love black & white. It reminded me at times of Night Of The Living Dead, same kinds of shots. And the story is great.
It's divided in 2 parts because Rollin wanted to do a short as his first film but then added a second part, Queen of the Vampires/The Vampire Woman that I prefered. I really liked how he tied the 2 parts together. The Vamp babe coming to the beach where the 2 bodys are and finding Brigitte is still alive.

Very nice old school one it has been.

666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-14 06:24:22)

Watching:

The Amityville Haunting.  A lot of people don't like this as they feel it's beating the Amityville thing dry, but who cares...awesome movie with some good frights

^^^
I've always LOVED this one to Death.
H3LL, Melissa George man, WOOOW!!!
And the Ghost girl is really creepy.

the Amityville HAUNTING..not horror.  It's a found footage film from a family who lives in the Amityville house (of course not real) from 2011

Ohhh duh. Homer leave me alone. lol

Aftershock (2012) - In Chile, a group of six friends are partying in an underground nightclub when a massive 8.8 earthquake hits the city.  But as they struggle to escape their underground tomb, they quickly learn that reaching the surface is just the beginning of their nightmare.
A disaster/horror movie, think of it as Earthquake on steroids or Eli Roth does Earthquake.  Not a great flick, but it was entertaining.  Reading some of the uber negative reviews on IMDB I have to wonder what exactly these viewers were expecting to see, Out of Africa?  It's an Eli Roth film, so of course it's pointless.  Story, dialogue, acting and all of that superfluous stuff is going to take a back seat to action and violence.  It was originally rated NC-17 and had to be cut to get an R rating, so I'd be curious to see what was cut.  3/5.

Night of the Scarecrow 6/10

Currently watching Mega Piranha. So-so on it so far.

Still have Mountaintop Motel Massacre and The Tooth Fairy (2006) to finish, though I want to follow Mega Piranha with The Hive (2008), Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus and Assault of the Sasquatch.

555 - has some pacing issues but overall it's one of the better SOV slashers to come out of the 80's. 7/10

I thought 555 was hilarious, but not in a good way.  I love me a good SOV flick; Bloodletting, Sandman, Shatter Dead, Original Sins, Polymorph, and some others.  But 555 ain't one of 'em. lol

Long Weekend (1978)

Huge fan of killer animal movies and this as been on watch list for a few years, I  really looking forward to this and the remake, I was going to watch them back to back.

This movie takes while to getting going, I don't mind some slow build up unless there go some where.

I found most of this movie very boring,  the couple were very annoying,  who could not care less if they killed animals. 

I Felt bored and frustrated throughout the movie, even Animals attacks scenes will really dull.

I don't think acting the was bad, why would make two couple so annyoing they you wish they do get killed.

The last scenes was bloody Joke, it's actually funny!

3 out of 10

Is the remake any good?

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.

Shakma

^^Is that interesting? I'm thinking about checking it out.

Mega Piranha 5/10
The Hive 6/10

Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus...next.

Texas Chainsaw 3D...in 2D smile

Yeah, I'd say check it out.

watched a great spanish movie called sleep tight, if you like home invasion movies this would be right up your street. great movie 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1437358/

^Yeah that is a good one.  Especially creepy for women who live alone.

Zodiac (2007) - No synapsis needed here, just a great film.  It is long, but it kept me engrossed the entire time.  4/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-05-15 13:03:15)

Zodiac is a great movie.  It's not long at all!! I just watched that a week or so ago on Comcast and was sad when it was edited a little but that movie, so great.  Have you seen The Zodiac?  It came out within a year before that one, has one of the Culkin brothers?  Creeps me out, both great flicks on an amazing subject

^2 hours and 37 minutes is a long movie in my book Matt.  But you hardly notice it because you are so wrapped up in the characters and the story.
I have not seen The Zodiac, but I added it to my queue and will check it out.  Thanks Bro! smile

lol fair enough.  Some of my favorite movies are Seven Samurai, Once Upon A Time in America and Doctor Zhivago.  4 hour movies are nothing smile But yes, as long as it's a good movie, you never notice you just hope it keeps on going and being awesome

Captain kronos, Vampire Hunter (1972)

Not sure I'd call it home invasion, at least to what I always think of as one but more just a really good thriller......really enjoyed it though....it kind of is and isnt..lol.....speaking of home invasion flicks though I just watched "In Their Skin"......meh......I've seen some real intense home invasion flicks like ILS (Them) Funny Games, Kidnapped etc so this was pretty tame in comparison and the payoff was kind of week. Those who like the milder side would probably enjoy it

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yziHgY5m7z8

plan_9 wrote:

watched a great spanish movie called sleep tight, if you like home invasion movies this would be right up your street. great movie 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1437358/