Re: American Mary (2012) (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Hahaha yes I think she's got something from her. lol

haha I said that before I read what you said about that pic and yea she does no doubt lol

It baffles me how many people think that the German twins wanted to be conjoined. That was never even mentioned. They wanted a limb exchange and 3D implants.

Overall I thought this movie to be amazingly clever, beautiful and in all honesty, pure genius.
One of the best, if not THE best horror movie I have seen so far and it's going to be pretty hard for any filmmaker to top it. Then again, I am kind of a fanguy when it comes to the Twisted Twins.

^^^
Still haven't seen it and man, hoping it'll finally be available to me on DVD soon.

Yes the Twisted Twins are awesome.

And welcome. smile

I don't totally disagree with a review I read that called American Mary a film in need of a third act, and there were a couple of cringe-worthy moments, but Jen and Sylvia are doing so much for women in horror right now (by simply being themselves) that I'm inclined to not sweat the minor details. The macabre party scene was frighteningly realistic - the entire room is filled with an atmosphere of subliminal dread the moment Mary walks through the door. Also, it was about time Katharine Isabelle starred in another feminist horror (the first being the near-perfect Ginger Snaps). Strangely, my favorite part of  the movie was the casual telephone conversation Mary had with her grandmother, it just felt so natural.

American Mary will hit VOD tomorrow and will have a limited theatrical US release May 31st. BD/DVD release for the US is June 18th.

Ohhh that's VERY GOOD news. Can't wait to see Katharine in an other great Horror film. I'm sure I'll dig it from what I heard/read/seen about it.
Thanks. smile

^Oh I know you will enjoy it Punk.  I know you are a big fan of Katharine, plus it is twisted enough to be right up your alley! smile

^^^
Yeah, I'm sure I will. I worship this girl, the best canadian actress ever along with Ellen Page and Estella Warren. Can't wait for june to show up as the 6th season of TRUE FUCKING BLOOOOOD is coming too so yes, a great month for me. smile

Okay, so I am a complete idiot. I've been bitching about American Mary not being on DVD in The Netherlands yet, and today I found out it has been since February. Well, I know what I'm going to do first thing tomorrow.

Have breakfast?  Go for a run?  Don't leave us in suspense, man!  What are you doing first thing tomorrow?
tongue

^^^
Mwahahahaha Crazy you. lol

But yeah Levi, hope you'll dig this masterpiece as much as I did. Woah man, what an impressive movie it is. One of the best candian ones EVER along with Cronenberg's stuff and Smash Cut to me.

I loved this one. Watched it several times now. I agree with a lot of what has been mentioned. I was actually disappointed the twins were going for a limb swap and implants rather than being joined. And even more disappointed they didn't show the result of the surgery. The limited budget was likely the reason for some of the choices made regarding this. The only other part that got under my skin was the godawful German accent.

Ich liebe Deutsch accent. lol

I don't speak German and I didnt read all the posts ... I only have a limited time on this planet... but anyways I liked that flick, its one of the better roles for Katharine Isabelle

It was funky

Just got the DVD today and gotta say that the bonus stuff [commentary and making of] is incredibly cool!!! big_smile

Right on... I didn't see or hear the bonus stuff. I burned it onto DVD from TMN the movie network.

I'll rewatch it with the commentaries tonight. Which I haven't done yet.

MARRY ME KATHARINE!!! big_smile

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5-K3RYCxpFs/UP2aoLqIQwI/AAAAAAAAosU/7_ZV6ftdn40/s1600/Katherine+Isabelle+as+Mary+Mason.jpg

Shes hot... to bad we'll never see her neked neutral

Oh you never know. Her career is just at the start so... Hopefully we will someday. I'll freeze frame every friggin' second of it for damn sure. Hahahaha

One of the funniest Making of I've seen.
Damn the Twisted Twins are insanely HILARIOUS!!!

"It's very Shakespearian, everybody dies." lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-19 09:20:49)

I can't believe theres this many pages already!
Finally Isabelle got a good role, to bad tho she wont be funky! but shes cool in my cloud

Yeah, she'll be in SEE NO EVIL 2 done by the Twisted Twins WITH DANIELLE FUCKING HARRIS man, oh wooow!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3106120/

http://youtu.be/ufXWHer7S3k

Yeah it might actually be good, maybe even the best WWE movie. The Marine was pretty hilarious though.

it did have alot of questions raised.i was really hoping to see more of the twins than was shown, Maybe they will do a backstory on it. To me it definitely had a Carrie feel to it and definitely felt like a few scenes out of ginger snaps.