Topic: New Hannibal NBC series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t973h4HfNHA

What do u guys think?

Re: New Hannibal NBC series

My take on it is this:  possibly will be a good show, but I think it's a little late and in reaction to Fox's The Following,

The Following is basically a Poe-related rip off of Silence of the Lambs and Manhunter.   If I was Thomas Harris I'd sue the crap out of Fox.   

I might give Hannibal a shot, but it looks a lot like The Following.  I watched the Following one time and because it was such a parrallel to Harris' work, I never tuned in again.

Good to see you, Ragnbone.  smile
I posted this somewhere else, but I'll re-post since I have no idea where it was.  The whole Lecter story has been played forward and backwards so many times, I have a feeling they're going to ret-con the origins.  Prequels are almost always problematic unless there big gaps in the history of the current story.  Think of The Thing prequel- you knew the endgame, so all you were left with were some scares (and iffy CGI).
I'll probably be skipping this one.  The Cult and The Following haven't done much for me, so I doubt this one will, either.

The last Hannibal movie, the prequel, pretty much blew imo.     A friend of mine and I watched the Thing prequel and the original back to back.     

Funny how movies made over 30 years ago are so much better in terms of special effects, plot, character development, suspense, everything really.

I enjoy Hannibal Lecter as a villain, so I'll at least stick my head in and check it out but...

Azathoth wrote:

The Cult and The Following haven't done much for me, so I doubt this one will, either.

...that's what I'm worried about.

Well what a damn freaking cool first one that was. Pretty nice Bloody throat slits too.

Dancy man, he's great and well Hannibal, he's Hannibal, no need to say anything else aside that Mikkelsen is very good at it. Fishburne rocks like hee always does.
Yup. TOTALLY SATISFIED!!!

Next episode looks like as crazy as thing one so I'll be there next THOR's day for sure.
BRAVO!!!
Clapclapclapclapclapclap...... big_smile

WOW the second episode was crazy, I love tha fact that a famouse chef is dong all the food cooked by hannibal.

Another excellent one.
That girl truely butchered him like Hannibal told her. lol

Loving the soundtrack, fits very well the tension of the show.
And man, freaking out of this world acting!!!

I'm not sold on Hannibal's suits they seem vintage, but he is more of a classic look from the movies I guess.

^^^
Hahaha yeah, truely classic. Too much for me. I prefer Dancy's or Fishburne's look way much more. Never been a fan of suits.
Aside black ones.

Well another SICK one tonight. The angel like victims were insanely cool.
And I loved the head on fire stuff.

So glad this show delivers like it does, it was quite a deal to go against what already been done.

And they do it very well every week. YAY!!! smile

Dose this air in UK Yet? 

if so which channel ?

watched first episode, dont know what to make of it i found it a bit slow and concentrating on fbi agen too much. The movies sucked i thought in my opinion apart from silence of the lambs which i rate highly, i thought the series would have gone down that root a bit more, but its still early and i may be being too critical.

^^^
It's normal it concentrates on the FBI guys as the only time we see Hannibal do his crazy crimes is when Dancy sees them and reacts them.

But yeah, it's a bit slow but I don't mind at all, the acting is really superior.

From what I've read online Amazon will have this on their streaming service sometime this year.

^^^
NBC has got all the episodes on the site too.
http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/

I've just gotten around to it this morning. I'm loading the second episode now. I was really disappointed in the last Hannibal movie, Rising, but the books blew my mind in Highschool. I thought they were the best romances I've ever read. Hello, Clarice.

I don't understand why they would focus so much on the FBI agents while Hannibal's character is golden, besides the success of other agent oriented shows.. Dexter did so well.

Remaining optimistic, but spoil this for me please. How do the following episodes satisfy?

I enjoyed them but I'm far from difficult to satisfy so I wouldn't recommended basing yourself on my opinions. lol

Will (the empathic dood brought in by the FBI) is an absolutely crucial character to where they take the story of Hannibal. That's all i'm gonna say about it really. I too was like WTF they focusing on this Will guy for so much? By episode 11, I was very glad they had brought so much detail of the whole FBI stuff into it.