Re: Zombies... anyone else tired of them?

If some one does a World War Z adaption that gives it justice (rather than the dubious lookin CGI ant swarm flick coming up) then I would think in terms of zombie film it would be fairly original.  Imagine the Battle of Yonkers done right?. It would be freakin awesome.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-05-15 17:49:36)

Nope, I love Zombies movies, Keep them coming,

I just got back into the my Zombie mood. thanks Cockneys vs Zombies (2012)  Which is awesome Zombie flick, Seem 3 times since last Friday!

I can't believe I missed last year!

I hoping for Wear-wolf movies to come out in the next few year, it
s been nearly 10 years since we had good wear-wolf movie! . the last being Dog Soldiers

Last edited by BASSI (2013-05-15 17:09:08)

I will agree that zombie movies are being pumped out too often, but the main problem is that filmmakers don't put any effort into them. They're a prime target for cheap, crap looking flicks. But the whole zombie apocalypse idea is still very cool to me. It's just never done right!

Off the top of my head I could probably think of 10 zombie movies worth watching, but the rest come across as worthless.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-05-16 15:58:53)

No!

Yes.

keep em coming i say, need to be made with better storyline, like dawn of the dead and night. just getting to comercial now.

I'm hoping World War Z put a final nail in the coffin. It looks so ridiculous I can't imagine the genre will have much life left in it. The mainstream audience that has embraced zombies will get fed up and move on. (I hope)
As much as I loved the large scale mayhem in the beginning of the Dawn remake, I think smaller, more intimate zombies are better.
Exposing myself as a hipster I just gotta say, zombies were better before everyone was into them.

I've never read Max Brooks' novel, but World War Z looks like its going to be your typical Big Summer Blockbuster.  Which means it'll be light on story and heavy on action and FX.  Plus, it's rated PG-13.  I don't imagine it's going to have much of an effect on the zombie sub-genre.

LoudLon wrote:

I've never read Max Brooks' novel, but World War Z looks like its going to be your typical Big Summer Blockbuster.  Which means it'll be light on story and heavy on action and FX.  Plus, it's rated PG-13.  I don't imagine it's going to have much of an effect on the zombie sub-genre.

Exactly. To me, from the trailers the movie looks like a big budget Zemmerich disaster film like 2012 or the Day After Tomorrow but with zombie swarms replacing the natural disaster.

And freaking running Zombies.
Wait WHAT??? Yeah they run. WTF???

I'm with LoudLon on this. I never tire of zombies  BUT I don't like seeing cheap zombies in very low budget movies.

Cheap make up, cheap movies, cheap actors who cannot act. NO POINT.

Its not that I'm exactly tired of them because I love the zombie sub-genre in horror but I think they ran their course for now. I would love to see witches become popular right now because I feel theres so much to the mythology and story that you could do with them.

With the most recent release of Rob Zombie's The Lords of Salem and the upcoming season of American Horror Story: Coven I certainly hope they do.

I had to friends see Word War Z yesterday, they loved it.

The zombie sub-genre has been milked for sometime now, like AClockworkOrange71, I think it's time for the sub-genre to take a backseat and for some other sub-genre to have its time.