Topic: For Marvel comic movies.

An article on some upcoming Marvel movies.
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hulk-ant-man- … 20227.html

Re: For Marvel comic movies.

I want to see a Dr Strange movie.  I cant see how you can go up against Thanos without having Dr Strange.

I heard the Rock might be play Luke Cage in a up coming movie about the character. Not sure I want to see a movie about Luke Cage.

If you haven't seen the animated Doctor Strange movie (and don't mind the animated ones). This one is really good IMO.

strange

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910865/?ref_=sr_2

I also can't wait for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. This would be a great chance to bring in street level heroes like Daredevil, The Punisher, and the Heroes for Hire. Since those characters require little special effects and could form a good story I think they could work.

I want another big screen DD flick with James Marsden as Matt Murdock.  I don't think The Rock should ever appear in a comic book movie.  I'd love to see Dule Hill (from Psych) as Black Panther, but as his background is mostly in comedy, they probably won't even consider him.  David Strathairn would have made an exceptional Dr. Strange but now he's too old.  If they ever replace Mark Ruffalo as Banner, I'll shoot someone. 

But the article got its facts wrong.  Ant Man's powers don't come from a suit; they come from (originally) a pill he swallowed and (later) a gas he'd inhale from a container in his helmet and (later still) he became able to change size without pills or gas due to continuous exposure.

Sucker bitches don't know their comics.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the AOS show. If Fox(?) is true to form it will be great and then they will cancel it. Like every other great show the networks cancel so they can make room for the 30 new reality shows that people don't want to watch.

I'm curious to see what Disney does for the dare devil franchise. I'm a big fan the dare devil character. I find him more compelling then Spiderman and Batman.

I may be on my own here, but I think a standalone Venom or Carnage movie would be really interesting and awesome.

But probably will never happen.

I also hope we'd get an Incredible Hulk sequel. It's a shame Edward Norton didn't return in The Avengers. Ed Norton would complete the awesome all star cast and I'd love to see his chemistry with the other actors.

Tobad no one told him they were going to make a Avengers movie.lol I red the Hulk movies sucked because bruce banner as a character is to depressing.

The problem with Hulk is that he's a one-note character.  He's basically all "Hulk smash!"  A Hulk movie needs a compelling Bruce Banner to counterbalance the destruction, and I liked Ruffalo a hell of a lot more in the role than Norton.  With a couple exceptions, Norton always seems to come off like a nervous Dell intern to me; Ruffalo on the other hand is masterful at embodying a character, giving them quirks and depth, making them feel realistic. 

Hulk is a werewolf/Jekyll and Hyde, Apollonian/Dionysian character at base: it's all about the internal struggle between a civilized man and his inner beast.  Hulk '03 screwed up by focusing too much on the deeply psychological, and Hulk '08 screwed up by focusing on the flashy CGI and mass destruction.  The Avengers found a perfect balance between the two as far as Banner/Hulk goes.

IMO, natch'.

I dont think a hulk movie will ever work unless they made planet hulk and world war hulk.

I wish Disney got the rights to x-men and fantastic four.  I would want to see the onslaught saga turned into a movie

I'm looking forward to the " Guardians of the Galaxy." I just purchased a few of their comics from 2008, and like the characters and story, so far.

Underdog wrote:

I'm looking forward to the " Guardians of the Galaxy." I just purchased a few of their comics from 2008, and like the characters and story, so far.

I have a few them too. They really are good. I started out by reading the infinity gauntlet and  infinity war saga. Then moved on to the annihilation series. I have the realm of the kings vol. I hope they do the series justice. I think if the movie does good more people might look into the series. I dont think the gardians have ever got the respect they deserve.

I haven't read the newer GOTG comics, but I'm quite familiar with the ones from the early 80s, which includes the character Michael Rooker is going to be playing in the GOTG flick, Yondu. 

And I'm excited to see Rocket Raccoon on the big screen.  If they stay true to the character, who's actually quite a little bad-ass, it should be a pretty fun flick.

I hope people take it seriously.lol Can't say that without laughing. It's a raccoon man. Maybe they should of replaced him with Silver Surfer or Gladiator. I just can't wait to see him on screen.

LoudLon wrote:

And I'm excited to see Rocket Raccoon on the big screen.  If they stay true to the character, who's actually quite a little bad-ass, it should be a pretty fun flick.

I dont think theres a character they will screw up more than I'm expecting they do with Rocket Raccoon.  Marvel + Disney + Talking Raccoon = $$$$$$$ in the child market.  They are gonna tone him down like a motherfucker and probably build him for a spin off or animated series.  Too bad cause he's such a badass character.

I agree that Daredevil, if done right, could be great.  He's had so many great comic runs with the likes of Frank Miller, Ed Brubaker, Brian Michael Bendis, and now Mark Waid there's a lot of great source material.  But with a character like him, it'll all come down to casting. 

Other characters that I think if done right could be badass are Moon Knight, Namor the Submariner, Cable, Heroes for Hire (luke Cage & Iron Fist), and for the ladies, The Scarlet Witch

I heard they were making a moon knight movie.

^^^ If so, it hasn't been announced -- and Marvel's announced their movies for the next two years. hmm

jmh -- Personally I think James Marsden would make a great Matt Murdock/Daredevil.  He'd just need to put on about 20 lbs of muscle.  So what if he's already played Cyclops?  Chris Evans played Johnny Storm before landing the role of Captain America, and Marsden's an ever better actor than Evans (no slight against Evans there, loved him as Cap/Steve Rogers).  Incidentally, it's been announced that Scarlet Witch (and her brother Quicksilver) will be in Avengers 2!

Two names always stick with me for Daredevil and thats Michael C Hall and  Ben Foster.  For some reason I just picture Hall as a great Matt Murdock.  However I think Foster would be a better all around choice and he already has some marvel street cred having been in The Punisher and X3

Sooner or later I expect to see Timopthy Olyphant in a Marvel movie

Olyphant would be bad-ass.  He's tall and lean, getting gray around the temples -- Mr. Fantastic maybe?

LoudLon wrote:

Olyphant would be bad-ass.  He's tall and lean, getting gray around the temples -- Mr. Fantastic maybe?

Not a bad thought but Dr Strange would be the better choice

I truely wish they'd do another Venom flick. The first one was insanely bad.

hellrat wrote:

An article on some upcoming Marvel movies.
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hulk-ant-man- … 20227.html

Oh I've always wanted to see an Antman movie, hopefully they don't mess it up.

kXnPunk wrote:

I truely wish they'd do another Venom flick. The first one was insanely bad.

Here ya go.

A little gritty short. Oh , that jason stackhouse.
Marvel's "Truth in journalism"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDYL6oECjU#at=831