Re: Last horror movie you watched?

RESOLUTION [2012]

Man holy freaking H3LL what a blast. Totally different and original.
The 2 main guys are just too damn good. Woah. The chemistry between the 2 is far out. Very cool piece this is. Phenomenal imagery.

666.666.666/10

EVIL DEAD (1981)
EVIL DEAD(2013)

a Double Feature in ym Favorite Cinema

Dario Argento's Inferno.
It was good until the cat scene came hmm
But then the guy got what was coming to him and I was happy.

Below (2002)

Based in WW2 and it's set in an American (haunted) submarine. As far as ghost stories go this was okay - just average. No real surprises or good scares, but a few jumpy moments thrown in that didn't really add much. I thought there was going to be more story than there was, but they dragged out a very basic premise.

5/10

Something like Deathwatch is more entertaining.

markus wrote:

EVIL DEAD (1981)
EVIL DEAD(2013)

a Double Feature in ym Favorite Cinema

That's cool, would have enjoyed seeing them back to back to keep the comparison fresh.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-05-18 14:11:33)

MAY [2002]

Oh yes. Anna Faris, yeees.
Psychological Horror is among my favorite with Boobie Slashers.
Crazy story that of this lazy eye May girl.
Blank the Punky rules. Way too much. big_smile
I've found it a very well pieced up pellicula. Everything fits together perfectly. And man, what an awesome soundtrack, makes everything even sinister as if it was enough already with these images blasting in your face. Loved the shots in all the movie. Great framing.

An other blast... smile

Wonder why the H3LL took me so long to see it.

666.666.666/10

I'm presently grabing Shuttle so it's next.
Can't wait, what I saw/read is very nice.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-18 19:00:56)

I just finished watching Texas Chainsaw and I have to admit it wasn't too bad. I am a die hard fan of the original and met Gunnar Hansen and had the chance to discuss the remake with him, which he hated. But this one not only had him as a character but actually added something to the Texas mythos. Leatherface as the protector.
I have to admit it could have been better but still it was enjoyable and a very nice way to pass the time.

Gotta agree Jsin, thought it was enjoyable too. Though the development with the lead character, hmm, found it kind of iffy.

Chained - I was expecting just another average torture flick but I was WAY wrong. A very well made movie and a lot more original than the synopsis makes it out to be. Another solid movie from Jennifer Lynch. 8/10

Disturbing Behavior. I really liked it.

Return of the Living Dead Part 2

Death Warmed Up (1984).  Kiwi horror flick I only saw once about twenty years ago.  I liked it back in the day but it's not as good as I remembered it being.  Still kind of fun, though, what with the over-acting, thick NZ accents and melodrama.  But the dialogue is horrendous and they obviously blew most of their budget on the brain operation FX.  I remember reading about this flick in John McCarty's Official Splatter Movie Guide back in the late 80s, in which the reviewer called it "slick and sick."  Which it is every now and then, but not often enough.  I'd go maybe 4.5/10.

kXnPunk wrote:

RESOLUTION [2012]

Man holy freaking H3LL what a blast. Totally different and original.
The 2 main guys are just too damn good. Woah. The chemistry between the 2 is far out. Very cool piece this is. Phenomenal imagery.

666.666.666/10

You're welcome Punk. wink
I just went to watch it again, and realized that I didn't have it on disc. sad

SHUTTLE [2008]

Holy fucking damn freaking H3LL that was just too damn killer.
Yes I like girls being hurt. Must come from this debauched that is flowing in my veins. The acting is great so is just about everything in this. But what a mad story. Been a long while I wanted to see that and it was worth the wait. Wasn't disapointed at all. Far from it.

There's an interesting and very complete and well written review on the main site. Check it if you dare... lol
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_6995.htm

I recommend.

666.666.666.666/10

Straw Dogs remake

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Straw Dogs remake

i hated the remake of that so much, not a patch on the original, dustin hoffman was great in that.

i watched hostel 3 biggest load of crap, need to call it a day on it, like saw movies.

I like the remake but it's just weird seeing Eric from True Blood in that role, lol.  I wouldn't buy the remake but for free on Comcast on demand, can't go wrong!

I thought the Straw Dogs remake was an improvement on the original and that James Marsden was even better in the role than Hoffman.  Eh, diff'rent strokes...

Leprechaun 2: Gotta love the lil guy, and some of the corny one-liners. Some of the kill scenes are creative enuf, and a descent amount of gore to boot.

5.5/10

Make-Out With Violence.

Plenty of flaws, but some really unique stuff and definitely worth the watch.

warm bodies, better than i expected it to be. I thought this was going to be a twilight movie or something, but i enjoyed it highly. 7/10

The prophecy

Wake Wood

Undead - a really fun underrated Australian Zombie Comedy. 7/10

Demon Seed (1977) 7/10

Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS (1975) 5/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-05-19 17:38:43)

Aftershock
I enjoyed this film. perhaps it was too much a Spanish tinged "Hangover" rip-off in the beginning but once the ball got bouncing it bounced everywhere... It had good special effects, didn't stay too long on any sentimental or emotional damage the characters suffered...and lots of good old fashioned violence . Not bad for a film that has anything to do with Eli Roth smile
6/10