Topic: The Legend of the Chained Oak

Hi all!
I am contacting you to announce that the British independant film "The Legend of the Chained Oak" which was originally due for release in theSummer is now back on.
After contacting the original producer Dean "Midas" Maynard and showing him a copy of my recently published piece regarding Oakamoors fabled Oak, we decided to re-ignite the project with my work as the foundation.

http://legendofthechainedoakmovie.co.uk/

Last edited by Danweatherer (2013-05-21 09:19:07)

Re: The Legend of the Chained Oak

That is amazingly cool.
And man, Cinema4D is an awesome app.

Loving the flashes in few colors. And the last shot of the tree is freaking cool. Gotta love trees, they ALL look Evil. big_smile

BUT THE FREAKING SOUNDTRACK man, wooooaaahhh!!! Dig it. A lot.

Thanks for sharing.

When is it gonna be released???

Cool article BTW.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-21 05:19:04)

Thanks for checking it out!

We aim to begin shooting this Summer.

I will post update here but to monitor developments in full please visit this site (which will eventually be the hub site)

http://legendofthechainedoakmovie.co.uk/

Well good luck with all this. And cool site. Bookmarked into my HORRORWAWR folder. smile

BTW, subscribed on You Tube and shared the teaser.

Thanks mate!

Its much appreciated!

No probs. Small action but lotsa small actions make big things. big_smile
And I'm a hardcore Horror fan so I support all I can.

I just read the short story and watched the trailer. It is definitely a great story. For a film do you plan to focus on the events of the past, or the effects in the present?

Last edited by Theli (2013-05-21 09:22:06)

Thanks for reading.

The film will concentrate on events in the present.

Punk and Theli's comments got me to check out the site, including the trailer and story.  Yes, I agree, sounds interesting.  I am curious and would plan on checking this out.  I think the time period the origins are based in seem mysterious and dark...not just in this story but just generally in this type of a context.

Thanks for indeed checking!

We have high hopes for this project, everything's in place and we are ready to commence shooting soon(ish).

Atmosphere is everything, the challenge will be taking it from my written work and moving it to the big screen.