Topic: Brutal attack in London

A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the attack as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Eyewitnesses said a man was assaulted in a Woolwich street by two individuals who were later shot by officers.

Sophie Hutchinson's report contains some disturbing images from the scene.

Also ITV News has broadcast footage of a man with bloodied hands talking to a camera, following a machete attack in south-east London.

He makes a series of political statements before walking towards a man, who is believed to be a soldier, lying on the street.

One man died and two were injured in the incident in a Woolwich street, which the government is reported to be treating as a terrorist incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZzG_w1kyNg

This is so crazy, When brother told me this I thought it was fake! , why would someone film person who as killed someone in front of them?

It's madness!

Re: Brutal attack in London

This world is going straight to hell.
What's wrong with people??

SICK!!!
We need to control these psychos, too much of them around.

RIP poor victims of another senseless crime.

Did you hear about the guy from Hamilton??
Put up an ad on kijiji to sell a pick up truck. 2 guys came to look at the truck. Guy disappeared. Found days later dead. He had a wife and a 2 year old daughter.

Yeah I did.

World's insane but when you think about it real well, it ALWAYS been this way. Just look at Rome's decadence in the past, all the wars we have to see happening through the ages and all of what goes wrong. Just that there's way much more psychotic events these days.

Wait til I finish my Spaceship, we'll hop onboard and nuke the place clean of all of them. All the ones that have a bit of a nice mind will fly away with me.

One could dream right??? smile

That's very true. I guess I have been more of the crap that's been going on in recent years.

very sick, ive been watching this on the news for last couple days, makes you worried what this country is coming to, worry about my kids future.Religion is suposed to be about love and peace and all you seem to hear is people killing over it.

Terrifying. I've been following since the news first broke out. The guy ranting in the video is obviously from South London. His parents apparently devout christians. A young man's life taken, a 2 year old without a father, a wife without a husband. Terrorism is kind of something us brits read about in the paper and think it won't happen to us but the words of that terrorist on the video that we'll never be safe and they'll keep fighting us and keep hurting us is scary.

What is slightly less terrifying but scary nonetheless is the backlash. EDL (english defense league) are trying to start a civil war. BNP and UKIP are going to have a field day with this. Is so scary what my country is doing to itself. My friend who is a white converted muslim who is married to a muslim man was verbally abused in the street while walking to the shop with her 2 small children. It's shocking.

UltraViolence wrote:

Terrifying. I've been following since the news first broke out. The guy ranting in the video is obviously from South London. His parents apparently devout christians. A young man's life taken, a 2 year old without a father, a wife without a husband. Terrorism is kind of something us brits read about in the paper and think it won't happen to us but the words of that terrorist on the video that we'll never be safe and they'll keep fighting us and keep hurting us is scary.

What is slightly less terrifying but scary nonetheless is the backlash. EDL (english defense league) are trying to start a civil war. BNP and UKIP are going to have a field day with this. Is so scary what my country is doing to itself. My friend who is a white converted muslim who is married to a muslim man was verbally abused in the street while walking to the shop with her 2 small children. It's shocking.

So true. It seems people have forgotten about this story a week or so ago. Just shows that barbarity doesn't make cultural distinctions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/0 … ted-police

The EDL/BNP and Islamic Extremists are just two sides of the same coin.

Makes me sick!!!

It's pretty over the top, the video footage and everything just make it seem so surreal. I hate the term terrorism, the term itself is what causes terror. It stirs such emotions in people, and causes a backlash against almost anyone who is even just the same religion. It's not like all Muslims are terrorists, nor all terrorist muslims. Had it been a white english male who had done, even if he was an affiliate of a larger group, there wouldn't be the same reaction.

To me murder is murder. Plain and simple

Last edited by Theli (2013-05-25 00:10:51)

the media blows things up to all proportions. the public is basically stupid and easily led.a well known truth, papers and t v programmes have been doing this for years. it's even news when the prime minister talks about things that happen on " reality tv". the media knows that people are like sheep, e g the video "Nasty" affair and seem to be doing this with racilism and religion too. the media is a big cause of all this. i try to avoid all news and watch very little t v especially make a point of not watching current affairs programmes, they make you hear what they want you to hear and spoon feed it to the masses and the stupid masses fall for it. look no further than any political party for an undeniable example.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-05-25 04:32:47)

Interesting view Wolfman...It's true that the media has been used a major form of propaganda throughout history, why would they have stopped? Its a great tool to  influence the population and I'm sure they know that tongue

very true people, if EDL, get a hold that is more worrying to me, it's the exteremists in every religion who ruin everything.