Topic: How many episodes were in Season 3 of The Walking Dead?

I had a busy time last year and this year and watching TV wasn't my first concern.

So I recorded all of season 3 of The Walking Dead and have just watched them all back to back over the past three days,

HOWEVER, I was gearing myself up for episode 17. I had downloaded it but when the show started it wasn't the Walking Dead but a comedy. Guess I downloaded the wrong file.

My question is, were there just 16 episodes in season 3, or 17?

For me, if episode 16 was the last, then it left a lot of loose ends. To me, it feels as if there should have been a 17th episode.

Thanks. smile

Re: How many episodes were in Season 3 of The Walking Dead?

Sixteen

Ghostseeker wrote:

Sixteen

Ha ha. I feel cheated. I had 17 episodes all lined up to watch. I watched the 16th and was eager to watch the 17th. I even had popcorn ready. LOL.

It's my own fault really. I should have watched the show at the time. When it was on TV.

And yet like I said, the 16th episode left a lot of loose ends for me at least. I was waiting for the Governor to make one last attempt at crushing Rick and Co, but he didn't. A part of me was expecting the Governor to fly over in a plane and drop a bomb on the prison or something.

Episode 16 didn't seem to me like a closing episode.

Yeah, they decided to end it on a happy note this time.  Originally the Governor was to be killed off but supposedly he proved so popular among viewers of early episodes that they decided to keep him around for at least one more season.  I don't know if he's going to be the main opposition next season or a lurker, but we can look forward to more of him at any rate.

16 and I don't think there were any webisodes since 2012 Cold Storage  ?

LoudLon wrote:

Yeah, they decided to end it on a happy note this time.  Originally the Governor was to be killed off but supposedly he proved so popular among viewers of early episodes that they decided to keep him around for at least one more season.  I don't know if he's going to be the main opposition next season or a lurker, but we can look forward to more of him at any rate.

So they were still filming the series as it was going out on TV....

Hmm interesting. That they should change the series ending to reflect public opinion about a character.  Anyone know when the last few episodes were filmed and where?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

16 and I don't think there were any webisodes since 2012 Cold Storage  ?

16 episodes isn't a very long run is it.  Should be 24 at least.

Master Horror wrote:

Hmm interesting. That they should change the series ending to reflect public opinion about a character.  Anyone know when the last few episodes were filmed and where?

Most one-hour drama episodes are filmed 2-3 months (sometimes less) before their air date.  With AMC it's different, though; since they have shorter seasons (most OHDs have 22-episode seasons; AMC OHDs typically only have 10-16 episodes per season) and since they tend to take long mid-season breaks, that gives them a bit more buffer time to gauge public reaction to a show.  But TWD is also an action- and FX-heavy show, which requires more time to choreograph and film action scenes and design and execute any special FX.  I'd estimate any given episode of The Walking Dead is filmed 3-4 months before its air date.

LoudLon wrote:
Master Horror wrote:

Most one-hour drama episodes are filmed 2-3 months (sometimes less) before their air date.  With AMC it's different, though; since they have shorter seasons (most OHDs have 22-episode seasons; AMC OHDs typically only have 10-16 episodes per season) and since they tend to take long mid-season breaks, that gives them a bit more buffer time to gauge public reaction to a show.  But TWD is also an action- and FX-heavy show, which requires more time to choreograph and film action scenes and design and execute any special FX.  I'd estimate any given episode of The Walking Dead is filmed 3-4 months before its air date.

EXCELLENT reply. Thanks. smile