Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Just finished I saw the devil. Now watching My soul to take. Man i'm gonna be tired in the morning!

AMERICAN MARY [2012]

I can only say one thing about this one.

A FREAKING MASTERPIECE!!!
Everything is so damn perfect, the story, the cinematography and woah, Katharine proves to me once more why she is my all time favorite canadian actress. Man was she good in this??? ABSOLUTELY!!!

666.666.666/10

Black Rock  4/10

It started out okay and then turned into something that ran out of steam. The characters were not that believable, the injuries they sustained should have been far worse ( especially if this was supposed to be a serious film not campy ) and the villain(s) just wasn't that formidable nor intimidating. Even before you know what happens, you always sense what the final outcome will be. no suspense what-so-ever

OMG!  I get one whole day off.  What to watch?  smile

^^^
An Horror movie. lol

As for which one well you have lots of choices.

Static (2012) - Okay, so I just watched this, and since I am heading out on a camping trip this weekend, I wanted to make sure that I log my thoughts before they slip my mind.  I won't say much, because I fear that I might give too much away.  Here is the IMDB synopsis, "A couple facing marital problems after losing their child finds their life together further complicated by a mysterious visitor."
Based off of the synopsis, it initially seemed like yet another home invasion flick, so I was not that excited to check it out.  But then a trailer came along, which looked interesting, and I decided to add it to my list.  Turned out to be a good decision.  I am sure that this one will garner comparisons to other well known movies within the genre, but it also takes a very original and creative path to get there.  Just very creative and original.  4/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-05-25 02:38:24)

BASSI wrote:

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

I have tired to watch this ones before but I did put on last in day to watch also this movie dose take while to getting.

The first 20 mins were a little boring and nothing much really happened but after half hour into movie, the rest of the movie very well paced, no boring moment in last hour of the movie.

This movie did seem borrow little from The Last house on left, as revenge after being raped scene was not gruesome but it was still hard to watch at times.

The deaths scenes were not bad but I did expect more painful deaths in this movie and some bloody moment in this movie nothing really gory.

The acting was really good from the whole cast, I felt sorry for the girl and I hated those guys, wanted them suffer more then they did.

Decent movie, One time watch movie.

7 out of 10

I spit on your Grave (2010)

I not really sure what to make of this movie, well I did think it would be a lot better then the original.

I didn't think the original was great but it did have it moment in the the movie but me this remake to felt a little bland, I mostly bored though tout the whole movie.

I felt the build to rape was far to long and very boring, the rape scenes was still hard to watch but I didn't think it was as effecting as the original and I didn't really how they kind of adding bad cop to mix, felt like more Texas chainsaw series think to do.

I not sure make of the boys who were forced to do what he did, I we meant to forgive because getting these flashbacks and seeing the girl, I could give a Toss about how feel, he what he did, end of , I not going to even think of feel sorry for him.

The kills in this movie, were nasty and times but they took way to long on the deaths scenes, took away the shock or gross factor they wanted to have but I think failed in both.

I think the bathtub death in original was more shocking then brutal in original, you don't get anything like that in this movie, someone dose the same way in this remake but not shocking enough to gross out and he not in bathtub

The main probably for me was the made lead actress, I just could not connect with her at all, I could not feel sorry for me, I don't know it was really bad acting she was doing, the most of scene felt really forced and the some of weakest moment are the kills scene.

I didn't really fact the movie ending seconds after last death scenes, I wish we had bit more for ending, a lot build at start, which bored and then rushed up ending.

4 out of 10

Just finished Night School, now watching Fulci's Zombie.

UltraViolence wrote:

Just finished I saw the devil. Now watching My soul to take. Man i'm gonna be tired in the morning!

What did you think of I Saw The Devil. I was seriously impressed with that one.

Vasquez wrote:
UltraViolence wrote:

great movie vasquez, have you seen chaser?  if you like i saw the deavil you should most def like chaser, give it a go and tell me what you think if you not seen it smile if you have i would still like your thoughts.

plan_9 wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
UltraViolence wrote:

great movie vasquez, have you seen chaser?  if you like i saw the deavil you should most def like chaser, give it a go and tell me what you think if you not seen it smile if you have i would still like your thoughts.

Not seen before. Look interesting. Thx for pointing it out. I will certainly let you know what I think of it.

DEVILS OF WAR [2013]

This movie doesn't know where to go at all, serious moments, scary moments, absolutely insanely hilarious moments and more stuff. Crazy.
It's like an old grindhouse movie but also so bad that it's making it good. lol
There’s boobs, blood, violence, bad accents, bad acting which once the movie finishes you find all of that excellent. This movie is a freaking blast to watch.

666.666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-25 20:09:22)

I'm currently watching Bad Taste for the first time in years. (Hence the name & avatar)
I watched this movie a zillion times in high school and just recently found it on YouTube. Better than my VHS copy!
Highly recommended as a classic comedy gross-out.

^^^
No need to post it in 2 places though.

Oh damn yeah. TV movies on saturday rule.

They show my all times favorite movie EVER. Nothing can beat that for me absolutely nothing. Perfect in everyway and man, KATE BECKINSALE!!!

UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION [2006] rewatch for like a multi-million time

Just about everything is too cool in this one. But Marcus is the most brutal Vamp I've seen. When he says to Craven "Why would I listen to your lies when the way to the truth is so much sweeter." and then bites him to chop his head off after. Very nice. Makes me scream everytime.
And the sex scene in the container, wow, Kate, oh too sexy Kate. Wiseman was saying that his wife and Speedman were still gong on after he said cut in the commentary of the DVD. Surprised Scott didn't lose his job. lol

This movie is truely EPIC to the top.

I like Zita Görög a damn lot as Amelia.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/26f01dcf204cbf198edb3cd3ad79049b/tumblr_mel79h1IOg1rwvm25o1_500.gif

666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-25 23:34:51)

kXnPunk wrote:

AMERICAN MARY [2012]

I can only say one thing about this one.

A FREAKING MASTERPIECE!!!
Everything is so damn perfect, the story, the cinematography and woah, Katharine proves to me once more why she is my all time favorite canadian actress. Man was she good in this??? ABSOLUTELY!!!

666.666.666/10

loved that movie

just saw My Amityville Horror
A documentary on Daniel Lutz and how living in the Amityville house has affected him.  His take on the events.  I have to say he is seriously f*cked up whether it really happened or not.    But it was rather boring. Certainly could have been a 45 min tv show episode on the Biography Channel rather than a movie.
4/10

Cat People (1982)  This my 3 or 4 re-watch movie,

I saw Cat People (1942) for first last week , which I thought was decent  and I did not think it was that great but this 1982 one, I thought was great!

I really enjoyed the whole of movie, granted the movie could have been little shorter as the were saw calm moment that took bit to long but that my only complaint,

The rest of the movie was really well paced and I loved some of bloody moment in this movie, it was very nasty  and bloody at times.

I love the transformation scenes was ace, I loved that scenes great effect in this movie and I liked how they made this remake more of there and some little nod to the The original like the swimming pool scenes but I do think The original was bit more creepy in that but for me that only decent part in the The original,

Really great acting from the whole cast

8 out of 10

The Tripper

I half-watched these during my graduation party with a bunch of friends cramped up in my room. It was fun:

House of 1000 Corpses
Shaun of the Dead
Saw
Child's Play

Last edited by The Creature (2013-05-27 12:01:22)

Deliverance

Something I fell asleep on, oh "Stranded".  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  sad

Kiss of the Damned. A totally hypnotizing movie when you're stoned! I really felt the menace in some of the characters.. just too bad the ending was so anticlimactic. literally nothing came of it. But bonus points for being a trippy experience! And for making vampires actual things to be feard!

^^^
Can't wait to see this one.

REEKER [2005]

A really cool one this is. The beast looks a lot like the Grim Reaper which I like nd the blonde girl is hot. Pretty crazy story and it's very cool too.
Enjoyed it a whole lot.

666.666/10

Dr. Giggles - one of the more fun slasher movies to come out of the 90's and came out before Scream and all of it's spin offs. 8/10