Re: Downer Endings (general spoiler warning)

Megan is Missing. What could be worst that getting buried alive in a barrel with your best friends dead body in it?

DannySantone wrote:

What could be worst that getting buried alive in a barrel with your best friends dead body in it?

Waking up one morning to find that my penis has fallen off.  But that's just me. hmm

LoudLon wrote:
DannySantone wrote:

What could be worst that getting buried alive in a barrel with your best friends dead body in it?

Waking up one morning to find that my penis has fallen off.  But that's just me. hmm

That sounds like it would suck tongue

I'm starting to really hate downer endings, I don't want to give anything away (even though this is a spoilery topic) but there's been a rash of movies I've loved lately until the last 10 minutes. Everything from Dark Skies to The Apparition, which I really dug until the lame ass, "ooohh lookit we pulled out the rug in the last 2 minutes of the movie!" They've just been leaving me really unsatisfied lately, and are becoming so cliche I can barely stand it. Some of the best horror flicks didn't have downer endings, Halloween (scary but not a downer) The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn and Day of the dead. Horror movies CAN have happy endings for crying out loud. Can you imagine if Poltergeist had a downer ending? I don't mind downer endings, but I like the movie to EARN it. Just kinda getting a little bored of them, I don't watch horror movies to see ppl die and lose, I watch them to see that normal folks can get through the darkness and make it out the other side...

i find majority of horror movies have crap endings, i liked insidious until last 20 mins or so, espeacialy when you see the demon, what happened to leaving things to your own imagination,what sort of demons knit and play music anyway lol but not just that, the whole movie went down hill after you see him.Jeepers creepers was so good as well up until you see the monster, was so much better when you could just see him in the shadows, when he turns into god knows what it was and flying around it totaly ruined it for me, was creepy as hell up until the end.