Topic: 3 wishes

if you could have 3 wishes what would it be.

money, so i never have to work again.
no more war in the world
big ass mansion tongue

Re: 3 wishes

1. For my daughter to live with me.
2. Unlimited knowledge.
3. 5% body fat for life.

1. Universal Peace (beat that! "World peace"...pfft.)
2. Lots of money, so I can buy myself an education wherever I please (or better yet, access to a free education for all who desire it).
3. To be overwhelmed in the mystery, awe, and wonder of the world everyday.

I can't help but think of the Monkey's Paw, and consequently the Misfits:

Tonight, I cast this spell
With this monkey’s paw
Three wishes, for you

1. cure the world of all the diseases, both physical (like cancer, AIDS) and mental like greed.
2. Establish an understanding on religion so no more wars over it
3. unlimited money so I can buy every movie, ever! smile

The over populated world you people are wishing for is gonna suck.

3 wishes:

That no evil existed in the world so we don't have to live amongst darkness.

Unlimited money so I can make my own Iron Man suit because lets face it, money is the greatest super power evarrrr.

Lastly I'd want happiness, to know I've found happiness and live a happy successful healthy life.

Theli wrote:

That's very true. But, hypothetically, if each individual has three wishes in total, I'll amend my original list, specifically wish number three, to state: "Universal Peace, in joint with the subjective exploration of hospitable, human-friendly, and Earth-like planets for the purpose of successful human colonization in accordance to the increasing rates of the homo sapien population on their home planet, Earth." How's that? big_smile

I'm a dreamer, man.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-05-30 14:11:33)

The Creature wrote:
Theli wrote:

That's very true. But, hypothetically, if each individual has three wishes in total, I'll amend my original list, specifically wish number three, to state: "Universal Peace, in joint with the subjective exploration of hospitable, human-friendly, and Earth-like planets for the purpose of successful human colonization in accordance to the increasing rates of the homo sapien population on their home planet, Earth." How's that? big_smile

I'm a dreamer, man.

smile

Don't stop dreaming, Tylor....and don't be the only one!

You're a sharp kid, Creech -- so I'm surprised you didn't go with my "unlimited knowledge" thing.  That there's whatcha call an "umbrella" wish, because with unlimited knowledge you'd know how to solve every problem, fix every error and have the know-how to become a millionaire, all without having to use any other wishes.

It's called a brain.  You've got one -- use it!

These will silly

1) That I had twin   

2)  I could speak to animals

3) I have 100 more wishes

LoudLon wrote:

You're a sharp kid, Creech -- so I'm surprised you didn't go with my "unlimited knowledge" thing.  That there's whatcha call an "umbrella" wish, because with unlimited knowledge you'd know how to solve every problem, fix every error and have the know-how to become a millionaire, all without having to use any other wishes.

hmmm wonder what would the world be like  if we all wished for that ? lol

Ah, but Bassi, it's a common rule in wish granting that the recipient of the wishes cannot wish for more wishes.  Doing so will only cause you to forfeit what remaining wish or wishes you may already have.

Don't look at me, bro.  I don't make the rules. hmm

plan_9 wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

hmmm wonder what would the world be like  if we all wished for that ? lol

Well, as I think of it, maybe it would require one additional wish: the ability to know what actually needs fixing and what might be better off left alone. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Oh, I'm totally hip to your "unlimited knowledge" wish. I probably would have wished the same, but at the sake of posting something more 'original', I decided to let your awesome list stand on its own. But yeah, I'm totally on board with your unlimited knowledge sentiment. We would be (damn close to) gods. We may not have the supernatural power of such beings, but I bet with our knowledge we would be able to find a way to acquire them!

With unlimited knowledge, you and I could devise solutions to every problem on the globe.  We'd be the saviors of the world, and we would be worshiped.  Can you imagine how much ass we'd get???

I've always planned on wishing for unlimited wishes.  After that I can do and undo reality at will.  I would probably play around with zombie apocalypse for a while, then undo it.  Then I would get my young body back and take it from there.

The trick with wish making is to try your best to cover your ass. I'd wish for unlimited knowledge, but I'd stipulate that I would be able to handle it mentally, and able to compartmentalize it to be accessed at my will so that infinite knowledge isn't running through my tiny brain all the time.

Good ammendment on the universal peace there Creature, I'm down for that.

Don't really need a third wish at that point. I'll save it for when shit hits the fan. Probably to take back my own cursed wishes.

You could always wish that none of your other wishes blow up in your face. big_smile

This actually reminds me of an episode of The X-Files, where a genie gives Mulder three wishes.  His first wish is for world peace; the genie makes the entire population disappear.  His second wish is to undo the first wish.  Then he spends all night typing out his third wish, being sure to cover all his bases in such a way that the genie can't add any kind of vicious twist to it.  Finally he decides the best thing to do is to wish that the genie wasn't a genie any more. lol

LoudLon wrote:

With unlimited knowledge, you and I could devise solutions to every problem on the globe.  We'd be the saviors of the world, and we would be worshiped.  Can you imagine how much ass we'd get???

You just made that wish sound a whole lot more charming. Now where's that damn genie already?! lol

LoudLon wrote:

You could always wish that none of your other wishes blow up in your face. big_smile

This actually reminds me of an episode of The X-Files, where a genie gives Mulder three wishes.  His first wish is for world peace; the genie makes the entire population disappear.  His second wish is to undo the first wish.  Then he spends all night typing out his third wish, being sure to cover all his bases in such a way that the genie can't add any kind of vicious twist to it.  Finally he decides the best thing to do is to wish that the genie wasn't a genie any more. lol

Now that you mention it I remember that episode. The early seasons of X-Files were amazing. I haven't seen the show in forever though, I wonder how well it holds up now.

I watched all nine seasons in the space of about two weeks year before last.  The first four or five seasons all hold up really well.  The later seasons, though -- the ones where Duchovny appears less and less and is finally replaced by Robert Patrick -- don't hold up near as well.  A couple episodes aside, the series lost a lot of its charm without Mulder.

Agree with Lon.  The series went down the tubes when they moved it from BC to California.

^^^
True. No Mulder, ain't X-Files to me.
If I had only one wish, it'd be to annihilate all senseless violence in real life. And eradicate the planet from menacing Psychos.