Topic: Walking Dead (the comic)

Any WD fans out there? Why is there not a thread on this already?!?
There's some things that just neeeeeed discussing in this book. Especially recently.
Oh, and screw spoilers. If you're not up to date, catch up & come back. We'll wait.

Re: Walking Dead (the comic)

Personally, I never read the the comics before seeing the show, but now I'm so invested in the show that I've made it a point to never read the comic because I don't want anything ruined for me. lol

I'm caught up with the comic through 110.  It doesn't spoil anything though, different story line entirely.

Yeah, that's what I love about the comic.
Only got a few of them, like 5-6 numbers but I gotta get some, thanks for reminding me to put that into my Comics to grab list. Got so many.
Got ALL Emily The Strange lately. Which I love.

Is there a favorite comic books thread somewhere???

So LoudLon, go get some of them. big_smile

No, sir!  I will not take the chance of tripping across even a minor spoiler.  For instance:

WARNING -- COMIC SPOILER (left click and drag below to read):

Despite my best efforts to avoid reading anything about the comic, some dickhead fanboy blurted out on a message board I frequent that in the comics, Rick loses a hand...and a couple years back another equally dickheaded fanboy ruined Shane's death for me.  And while it's my understanding that he was in the show much longer than he was in the comic, at the point his death was spoiled for me it was only two or three episodes into the first season.  I've also had yet another dickhead spoil that Rick and Michonne hook up in the book -- which is something I would love to be surprised by in the show, but now won't be if it happens.  Fuckin' dickheads.

END SPOILER

So, there ya go. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

Is there a favorite comic books thread somewhere???

I think we might have had one a couple years back, but am not sure.  Doesn't matter, though; the search function won't pull up anything more than a year old, so if you want to start one, head on down to General Chit Chat and knock your big ol' Canuck self out. big_smile

And it doesn't work very well at all.
I got all kinds of unrelated stuff so yeah, I'm gonna do that now. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

No, sir!  I will not take the chance of tripping across even a minor spoiler.  For instance:

WARNING -- COMIC SPOILER (left click and drag below to read):

Despite my best efforts to avoid reading anything about the comic, some dickhead fanboy blurted out on a message board I frequent that in the comics, Rick loses a hand...and a couple years back another equally dickheaded fanboy ruined Shane's death for me.  And while it's my understanding that he was in the show much longer than he was in the comic, at the point his death was spoiled for me it was only two or three episodes into the first season.  I've also had yet another dickhead spoil that Rick and Michonne hook up in the book -- which is something I would love to be surprised by in the show, but now won't be if it happens.  Fuckin' dickheads.

END SPOILER

So, there ya go. lol

*** SPOILER ***

Crazy spoiler -

Lon runs across lottsa dickheads! big_smile Dam dickheads, always dickin people around a spoiling things.  smile

*** END SPOILER ***

^^^
Mwahahahaha man.
So I get that a dickhead and a spoiler is about the same thing no???

Please don't post any dickheads here. lol

I thought mine was funny!  Juvenile, but funny.  big_smile

Oh well then I won't tell you that Rick comes out of the closet in one of them.

Eh, he was probably just in there hiding from some zombies.

That's not what Glenn said.

Ooh!  Did you see that "Bad Lip Dub" TWD thing I posted a few weeks back?  It was, to borrow from Punk, hiFREAKINGlarious!

There's a whole bunch of them and they're all friggin funny.

Indeed. Seen a bunch and I LedOL everyone of them.

Meh, i think the show is set up to foil comic based spoilers anyway. They kill off characters that're still alive in the books just to eff with us. It's so unbelievably different now I can't imagine a thing it'd spoil now.

I skipped the thread to avoid spoilers. I've been slowly picking up the graphic novels (they're like $20 kind of a rip), and reading them. I like the series but it will be a while before I'm caught up.

I really enjoy the comic version. It doesn't pull any punches and is different from the t.v series. Good stuff!

I'm considering buying the Walking Dead books 1-10 on Amazon.ca as they are on sale for 50% off right now! I really prefer reading physical comics rather than ones online.