Re: Carrie Remake??

I got sumthin' for Chloe, she's just... by the way the promotional poster was scary. But seriously ANOTHER CARRIE!? (Actually I wouldn't mind lol, I'd like to have a Christine, Pet Sematary (yeah because it was a poor adaptation of the best-selling) and... probably a gory, western and scary Children of The Corn.

The Carrie story has been done to death. It has already been remade in 2002 as a TV movie and there was a sequel which I haven't seen, but I don't think it has anything to do with the original. The original Carrie may be a bit dated, but it's fine the way it is. I'm not going to see this.

I like Chloe, but... I just can NOT see her in this role. Wasn't Carrie supposed to be a senior in HS? The casting has turned me off caring about this flick.

The MFTV flick starring Angela Bettis was awesome. Actually prefer it to the DePalma version.

And yes, 10 fold, THHE remake was WAY better than the original.

I love first movie, it's great, I didn''t even mind TV min series (I not seen it for long time)
Carrie may be better then then TV one.

As I said earlier I'm not a fan of the original so I have no problem with a remake.  And while I thought Sissy Spacek was the only good thing about the original, she was pushing 30 years old when she starred in it.  At least Moretz is actually a teenager. lol

And with blood all over her, she's pretty damn sexy I think.
Aja said it in the P2 commentary and he's damn right.
"There's nothing sexier than girls full of blood." lol
Well yeah, it was a bomb the so hot Rachel Nichols in P2 but it's still true for every actresses. IMO.

Teaser trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KG_8E4uhZA

Came across this on my twitter feed...
http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/home/ … -halloween

LoudLon wrote:

As I said earlier I'm not a fan of the original so I have no problem with a remake.  And while I thought Sissy Spacek was the only good thing about the original, she was pushing 30 years old when she starred in it.  At least Moretz is actually a teenager. lol

I echoe ur thoughts.

Pushing the date back sucks because I was hoping to own it BY Halloween.

That's a long wait hmm

it is.  March being 2 months away sucked because it's like "ugh still 2 months" but now to wait 10 months....ugh.  Too long!

This one looks good.

Meh...at least it'll boast some good acting which is really needed for a decent treatment, Especially considering it's a remake.  The book is much better than the screenplay ended up being but that's easily said for most books.  What made it a classic was actors performances, IMHO.

We always seem to think like a fan when we hear the announcements for a remake of a classic.  We tend to hope that execs pick a movie to be remade because they have a genuine vision that they want to bring forward.  More often than not, it's a cash grab and us fans get the shaft.  I'd only want to see a Carrie Remake that would deliver a strong script and Award-calibre performances from the leads....don't think that's what we'll be seeing though...

Next...

Yeah I think all the time like this cause I AM A FAN so... There's not very much remakes I don't like. Except Let Me In.

But miss Moretz proved she can definitely act so it'll be cool to see what she does.

So the official trailer has been up for a few days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSn7JyijA8k

Thoughts?

Personally I think the trailer makes it look like Carrie for the Twilight generation, but obviously we'll have to see the whole thing to know.

^
Wow, That came out the blue,  not  bad, look Better then TV one, Nothing will bit the movie,  I wonder if they used the ending of the book! In stead Jump scene in the arm.

Last edited by BASSI (2013-04-10 13:54:13)

Pretty cool trailer they've put out. That's certainly gonna be a nice one to see.

The original was excellent, the one from 2002 with Angela Bettis was also very good IMO. I'm sure this will be well made but Chloe (as much as I like her, she is a great actress and takes on some great roles) is not right at all for this part. In the new trailer she can't pull it off. She's not awkward and timid enough and she also doesn't look old enough (and she's not). Just wrong in all aspects for Carrie.
We'll see if the fill movie changes my opinion, I'm sure she will be great when Carrie is on her rampage, but for the remainder of the movie, it's not working for me. 

As for the movie itself, from the teaser trailer it sort of sounds like they might have interviews with the students/teachers aka follow the books format, which I liked about the 2002 TV remake, it would be cool to see it done a bit here. I'll see it, but I'm expecting average.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-04-11 10:50:08)

Thanks..........................

This Carrie is going to be played by a 16year old. I wonder how thats going to turn out...

Chloe Moretz's got balls, big ones, she's great in everything so from what I've seen and read, it'll be cool. Hopefully as cool as Evil Dead's one.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-01 19:08:37)