Re: The Hills Have Eyes '06

I liked remake much better  as I did see a least 4 times before seeing the original and some remake that again.

I enjoyed the remake a lot more!

But TCM like them both for different reason, I gave both of 8 out of 10

the Remake was a nice one yeah, but the Actors looked like members from Boy- and Girlgroups

One of the best horror movies in the last decade...I'd even go so far as to say it's my favorite. It's gory, full of badass moments, I love how the wimp has to become the hero and it doesn't pull any goddamn punches. Great flick.

But does anyone who actually love the original prefer the remake? It just seems that everyone thinks the original was shit?

It's kind of like when the Evil Dead remake came out, people trashed it cause they are really attached to the original.. It doesn't seem to be the case for the Hills Have Eyes... hence why so many people liked the remake...

I don't think it's shit. Far from it. Just that to me Aja's one is better.
But H3LL no, I can't spit on the first that's for sure. big_smile

I prefer Wes Craven's original The Hills Have Eyes over the remake. That being said I do like the remake alot as well just not as much.

The make-up in the remake was a small complaint of mine. It just didn't look real IMO (with the exception of the mutant/cannibal in the wheelchair). What I loved about the original so much was since it had such a small budget it felt real and gritty and it didn't try to to throw cheesy looking make-up in your face because thats how the actors who portrayed the cannibals in the film actually looked like.

Nonetheless I still like the remake and I think it stands as an example of one of the better remakes out there.

So close but the original by a tiny margin. Love both.

I honestly think the remake is better. This is one of them rare cases where, the original had potential to better than it was but the remake could build on it. And it did in my opinion.

Oh man the 2006 remake not only kills the original in my opinion, but I think it's one of the finest horror flicks to come out in the 2000's, especially that slam bang final fight. The original is good, but it's kinda silly, the new one though, it doesn't play, serious badass flick. I don't mind remakes, they don't hurt the originals and I think it's interesting seeing a different take on the material, so long as it's not  cash and grab job. I've just come to kinda embrace them, when I hear a remake is coming instead of getting mad I just say, "ok...lemme see what you got."