Topic: Scream/Shout Factory

Who thinks they are now the best company for sci-fi and horror movies since pre-Starz Anchor Bay? they impressed the hell out of me with their blu-rays even with Corman's blu-rays.

Re: Scream/Shout Factory

I agree.  Shout Factory is awesome company in itself but when they rebranded horror as Scream Factory....Halloween 2/3, The Funhouse, The Island and coming up we have Day of the Dead, The Burning, The Fog....among others!  NOT TO MENTION they're releasing The Town that Dreaded Sundown.....they're so awesome!  They're like Criterion for horror!

I'm pretty much going to buy almost every title they release. Some I admit I am not interested in, but they are incredible! They are releasing so many titles that are new to even DVD, on Bluray. The one I am most stoked for is X-Ray aka Hospital Massacre, I can't believe they snatched that one!

Haven't gotten any of their discs (yet), but I've only heard good stuff about them.

@Vamp_Slayer- I love that bunny avatar you got rocking right now.  big_smile

I'm glad they finally released Death Valley, The Island, Deadly Blessing, Terrorvision/Video Dead, Town That Dreaded Sundown and more on blu-ray and DVD as they were overdo.

I love them I got Terror Train, Halloween 2 and 3, and The Funhouse, I cannot wait for The Burning, Hospital Massacre, and The Town That Dreaded Sundown

i'm looking forward to phantasm 2 cause that's the only one that i don't have.

They got great stuff out indeed.
Deadly Blessing, Terror Train [which I dig way too much], VideoDead, Phatasma, The Town that Dreaded Sundown. Yeah wildly nice stuff.

Yeah, there pretty awesome. Glad they finally gave Death Valley a proper release. Can't wait to buy the terror vision/video dead double feature.

Death Valley is so awesome.

Looks like they specialize in good ol' classic stuff.

And woah, just saw FROM FREAKING BEYOND!!! Woohoo!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-16 00:06:22)

Phantasm II is one of my anticipated and wanted releases this year, can't wait for it.

Got Deadly Blessing, nice blu-ray and transfer with quality sound. I pre-ordered Nest, From Beyond, Lifeforce, Vampire Lovers, Prison and Phantasm II.

I can't wait for The Burning, Night of the Comet, Hospital Massacre, Scanners 2/3 double feature, The Fog, The Howling, House III: aka The Horror Show, Town That Dreaded Sundown and more.

The bonus features on Phantasm 2 alone is worth a 20 dollar purchase not to mention a HD transfer of the great movie itself!!!

I even pre-ordered Terrorvision/Video Dead double-feature blu today

Agreed--they are doing some awesome stuff. Just got Halloween 2 and 3 and They Live. I would kill to see Prince of Darkness and Road Games Blu Rays.

Seriously. Just tell me who to kill.

Coming this summer is Incredible Melting Man (i also hope Shout releases the MST3K version in one of this year's boxsets), Swamp Thing, The Fog, The Howling (i pre-ordered that and will get it on my birthday with Lifeforce) and Hospital Massacre (aka X-Ray). Coming this fall is Day of the Dead, Scanners 2 and 3 double feature, Horror House (aka House III), The Vagrant and Godsend/Schzoid (1980) double feature, can't wait.

I would love to see these get the treatement:
Prince of Darkness, Road Games, Freaked, Killdozer, Shocker, People Under the Stair, Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2, Felidae, Child's Play 2 with extended TV cut included, Without Warning, Monkey Shines, Perfect Blue, Fright Night (if they can do a deal with Sony), Bad Dreams/Visiting Hours double feature, Queen of Blood/Planet of the Vampires double feature, Tales from The Hood, Serial Mom, Rollerball, Escape from New York, Darkman, Army of Darkness with both cuts, Manhunter with both cuts, Sleepaway Camp, Toei's Tomb of Dracula and Toei's Frankenstein double feature, Celler Dweller and Ghost Town (1988) double feature, Tarantula and This Island Earth double feature, Cemetery Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)/Empire of the Ants as a double feature, Troll, Blacula 1 & 2, Tourist Trap, Twice Told Tales and Tales of Terror double feature, The Black Sleep and Burn Witch Burn double feature, Ghoulies 1 & 2 double feature, Vice Squad, Psycho II/III/IV anthology set, Strange Invaders, Daughters of Satan, Night Visitors, The First Power, Fade to Black, Highway to Hell, Theater of Blood, Edge of Sanity, Scream and Scream Again, Poltergeist The Legacy seasons, Cat People (1982) and more.

That's a good list, but I think I'm done buying Army of Darkness. I think I've bought 2 or 3 different versions already...

TomServoFan wrote:

Coming this summer is Incredible Melting Man (i also hope Shout releases the MST3K version in one of this year's boxsets), Swamp Thing, The Fog, The Howling (i pre-ordered that and will get it on my birthday with Lifeforce) and Hospital Massacre (aka X-Ray). Coming this fall is Day of the Dead, Scanners 2 and 3 double feature, Horror House (aka House III), The Vagrant and Godsend/Schzoid (1980) double feature, can't wait.

I would love to see these get the treatement:
Prince of Darkness, Road Games, Freaked, Killdozer, Shocker, People Under the Stair, Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2, Felidae, Child's Play 2 with extended TV cut included, Without Warning, Monkey Shines, Perfect Blue, Fright Night (if they can do a deal with Sony), Bad Dreams/Visiting Hours double feature, Queen of Blood/Planet of the Vampires double feature, Tales from The Hood, Serial Mom, Rollerball, Escape from New York, Darkman, Army of Darkness with both cuts, Manhunter with both cuts, Sleepaway Camp, Toei's Tomb of Dracula and Toei's Frankenstein double feature, Celler Dweller and Ghost Town (1988) double feature, Tarantula and This Island Earth double feature, Cemetery Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)/Empire of the Ants as a double feature, Troll, Blacula 1 & 2, Tourist Trap, Twice Told Tales and Tales of Terror double feature, The Black Sleep and Burn Witch Burn double feature, Ghoulies 1 & 2 double feature, Vice Squad, Psycho II/III/IV anthology set, Strange Invaders, Daughters of Satan, Night Visitors, The First Power, Fade to Black, Highway to Hell, Theater of Blood, Edge of Sanity, Scream and Scream Again, Poltergeist The Legacy seasons, Cat People (1982) and more.

azathoth wrote:

Haven't gotten any of their discs (yet), but I've only heard good stuff about them.

@Vamp_Slayer- I love that bunny avatar you got rocking right now.  big_smile

I know I'm like 4 months late but thanks!

Q The Winged Serpent, Prince of Darkness, Body Bags, Psycho II, Psycho III, Amitvyille Trilogy, Vincent Price Collection (Contains MGM owned Price movies including Dr. Phibes for the first time on HD) and The All-nighter 4-pack marathon (Contains Godsend, Schozoid 1971 US cut of Fulci's Lizard in Woman's Skin, The Outing aka The Lamp and The Vagrant as these are on DVD only) are coming soon as well.

So happy they announced the two Psychos.  They make the best movies.  I just bought their version of Halloween 2 (owned that and 3 before but sold them like an idiot)

The Beast Within and Crawlspace are coming this winter

I can't wait for their "Body Bags" and "Night of the Demons" releases. They look insanely badass!! It's about time both of those movies got proper releases!

Last edited by MYERS4EVER (2013-09-18 06:23:47)