Re: Game of Thrones

I thought last night's episodes was one of the  best yet.  I just adore Khaleesi!

She's become a favorite of mine as well.  Love her "no slaves" policy and how she deals with those who mess with her and hers.  She's going to be a force to be reckoned with come the next battle for the throne.

And man, I really wanted Tyrion to clock Joffrey in the last episode.  I totally think the Half Man could take that sadistic little shit.

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-05-20 23:59:27)

^ See that's what I'm trying to say!  Something like that needs to happen.  The episodes have been good, sometimes great, but doesn't feel like things have moved along much at all.  Other than dragon lady (one of my faves too...and freakin hot) is anyone closer to challenging for the Throne?  Well, not just closer, like...the season is almost done so they are substantially closer?  I would have thought there would have been a battle at the end of the season, a significant battle.  There may be I guess, but if there is it will be kinda forced to stick in there so late with no lead up.

I'm not trying to knock the show...I love it.  Just was expecting something major to have happened, and something story changing at the end.

It will really be 10 months-ish till the next episodes after this season?

Please do not compare my complaints to the people that whined about the beginning of season 2 of Walking Dead.  That is totally different.  There they were coming of big changes, plus were in a settling period, and that only lasted a few episodes till things blew up big time...which lasted the last half of the season.

Totally different with this.  Ok... smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-05-21 00:31:09)

I agree that something needs to happen. And I'm sure it will. I'm patient.

Kaleeshi I enjoy a lot too but never as much as dear Emily playing the Dragon girl.

And DIE JOFFREY DIE MTFCKR. I hate him. Can't take anymore of his bullshit. I was pissed too.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-21 01:06:56)

I see what you're saying, Ghostie.  It has been a pretty slow season.  But I think it IS all about regrouping; the losers are licking their wounds and rethinking their strategies, rebuilding their armies, etc.  That said, there have been plenty of opportunities for action that weren't taken advantage of, but I'm thinking they're going to pay those off in the next two episodes. 

Like with Tyrion, his father and Joffrey.  Something's gotta give, and we already know that while Tyrion may be bound by duty, there is a limit to the amount of bullshit he'll put up with, and the worse Joffrey and his father ride him, the more likely he is to set his bodyguard buddy off on a little errand, if you catch my drift.  And I think there's going to be a blow-up between Mormont (Khaleesi's bodyguard/right hand man) and the new guy who showed up on the last episode, the one who pledged his heart to the Khaleesi.  Mormont's already in love with her, so I'm thinking there's going to be a good deal of chaffe there.

Right now, though, the bits I find most interesting are the ones with John Snow and the freemen prepping to attack The Wall.  I like that character quite a bit, and I love the fiery red-head chick he hooked up with.  Aside from Tyrion, he's the most disrespected character in the show and it's only a matter of time before he does something that makes people see him in a different light. 

My two cents.

I'm all caught up.
Khaleesi is totally rocking it right now.
She's playing the game well.

LoudLon wrote:

My two cents.

Worth 666TT those 2 cents. lol

Yeah, indeed MoonRaven. She kicks ass.

Yeah, I don't doubt big things will happen the next two episodes.  Needs to to get us back.  I'll stop whining bout it now.  Its a good show and has kept me interested and will probably have a finale that will piss me off and make me look forward to the next season...guess that's what its supposed to do. 

kXnPunk wrote:

DIE JOFFREY DIE MTFCKR. I hate him. Can't take anymore of his bullshit.

I feel the same way and am starting to wonder if he will ever get what's coming to him.

Yes, that's why they always close up a season with an episode that piss you off, passionates you and also make you sad it's over and waiting impatiently for the next. These guys know how to play with my mind very well. lol

Hopefully he will. ASAP.

oh

my

GOD.

I'm just starting to hate the show, it seems like the whole show is people traveling and not getting anywhere and the stuff they keep setting up, they just squash and it's like, "oooohhkkay, so why did they even have that character exist? Just to fuck with me." I'm kinda ready to just move on, the show is doing a good job of convincing me that it's just a drab, dreary mean spirited thing and I'm quickly running out of people to like and reasons to watch.

Dude.  Tonight's episode was devastating.  I spent the last five minutes of the show just staring at the TV screen, blank with shock.  It's been a slow season but man, they REALLY made up for it tonight...

I just sent you a PM regarding this.  You make me need to see this episode!

^^^
Woah indeed. Pretty damn sick.

Devastating is definitely the right word. Sigh.

Ok...thanks for torturing me, but I appreciate both also being vague.  I do not know when I can see these last two episodes!  sad

http://www.hbocanada.com/gameofthrones/video.php

I'm not sure what that is, but says its not available where I am.

Check your PMs, my man. smile

Oh damn, should of linked you to the US one, not canadian.
Ah well, guess LoudLon got you fixed up.

Enjoy!!! big_smile

All I'm going to say about last night's episode is DAMNIT!!!!!  Just when I was starting to like certain characters...BAM! UGH!

What the fuck is going on with Game of Thrones??
Like holy hell!

LoudLon wrote:

Dude.  Tonight's episode was devastating.  I spent the last five minutes of the show just staring at the TV screen, blank with shock.  It's been a slow season but man, they REALLY made up for it tonight...

It was a surreal moment.
I did the same.

It was literally one of the most shocking moments since season one. I still don't know what to say about it.

MoonRaven wrote:

What the fuck is going on with Game of Thrones??
Like holy hell!

I can't tell. The only one that can answer you is George R.R. Martin...

This is cool.
Social Media War Game Of Thrones style. big_smile
http://mashable.com/2013/06/02/social-m … f-thrones/