Topic: Best (Made for TV) Horror Movies?

What are some of the best made for TV horror movies in your opinion? For me it's a cross between Dark Night Of The Scarecrow and the original Salems Lot. I still remember how scared I was watching Dark Night Of The Scarecrow on Halloween night back in the early 80's. Oh, and when Danny Glick is scratching at the window in Salems Lot. That's creepyfun!

Re: Best (Made for TV) Horror Movies?

When I was younger I love I'll Be Waiting For You but it's pretty awful now haha I haven't seen any I really liked though.

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to see if it's available on DVD. But talk about awful now, I remember a flick in the early 80's called The Stuff. I think it was made for TV not positive though. I'll have to check.

My all-time favorite was Salem's Lot.

DanielTempest wrote:

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to see if it's available on DVD. But talk about awful now, I remember a flick in the early 80's called The Stuff. I think it was made for TV not positive though. I'll have to check.

I have that on VHS! Haha it's pretty bad but in an awesome way.

Salem's Lot (1979)
Frankenstein: the True Story ( 1973) 
Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)
Don't Go To Sleep (1982)
Trilogy Of Terror (1974)
Curse Of the Black Widow (1979)

Gargoyles
Threads
Frankenstein, The True Stroy
Jack the Ripper
The Shining
Trilogy of Terror
Intensity
Salem's Lot
The Woman in Black
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Blackout
The Night Stalker
Duel
Mr. Boogedy (not really horror, but a family comedy about a ghost)
Body Bags
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Those are the only ones coming to me at the moment.

Stephen King's IT.

Wow, I remember Curse of the Black Widow, I loved that flick!
Trilogy of Terror - my #1 favorite TV movie
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
The Dead Don't Die
Salem's Lot
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Ants (1977)

I was a sucker for all that stuff from the '70's, it was all so cool that they put out so many "scary movies"!

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll (2013-01-16 16:42:59)

Everyone has pretty much already named all of the films I was going to mention. Except for The Midnight Hour.

Some of the made for TV movies are pretty good.  Here are some of my favs besides the ones that were already mentioned....

Bad Ronald
Crawlspace
Don't be afraid of the Dark
Crowhaven Farm
Someone's watching me
Duel
Frankenstein the True Story
Gargoyles
The Woman in Black
Cast a Deadly Spell
The Night Strangler/Stalker and the tv series is excellent too...Kolchak
The Screaming Woman

The Women in Black (1989)
I saw it for for time last year before seeing the remake.

Lots of good ones already mentioned, but I really like Psycho IV
Probably not a likable one for you folks, but it fit in nicely for me. I thought it was a great way to end the series. I would say its about as good as 3 maybe a slice or 2 above.

The Haunted
Don't go to sleep
When A Stranger Call's Back

Sorry Don't go to sleep was already mentioned

Last edited by hostel2006 (2013-01-16 22:36:19)

Oh yeah DirtyMiss, definitely GARGOYLES.
Loveable. Endlessly.

Another of MissDirtys... The Screaming Woman with an elder use to be hot Olivia de Havilland
I love that one I got that one... it took years to find it but I remember it when it came on TV originally

Was Dance of the Dead a made for TV movie because that was a fun one.  Some of the Masters of Horror stuff is good, Jennifer, Cigarette Burns, Sick Girl, The Black Cat.....

70's was probably the best era thought.  Salems Lot, Trilogy of Terror, Someones Watching Me, The Night Stalker, Duel, When Michael Calls.....all quality from the 70's

Wasn't Dance of the Dead a Masters of Horror episode with wats his name freddy?

DemonToSome wrote:

Not the one I'm thinking of.  I mean the full length movie directed by Greg Bishopp

I don't know much more about Dance Of The Dead than it was hilarious.
Which is good enough for me. That I'll need years of therapy after that line is just great. And that blonde is HOT!!!

And yeah, Cigarette Burns, Sick Girl and The Black Cat, AMAZING ones.
Me likes.

jmh314 wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

Not the one I'm thinking of.  I mean the full length movie directed by Greg Bishopp

I don't know that movie but for sure Masters of Horror had an episode called Dance of the Dead. Its just weird you mention that title ans also Masters of Horror in the same sentence J haha
I know you hate your username I remember many years ago I still have some brain cells and I know your real name but I'll leave that to a mystery OK J? haha

Dark Night of the Scarecrow was awesome. It has been at least 12 years since i have seen it but i loved it. I have been thinking for quite some time now on buying Home for the Holidays. Is this any good? I can get it for under 10 bucks and i am craving a good christmas themed slasher movie. I can only watch Black Christmas and Silent Night so many times

What about When A stranger Calls back (1993) 

I heard some decent comment about that movie

The william shatner "horror at 37,000 feet" (1973) tv movie always sticks in my mind since young when i first saw it on TV. (Of course back then , i didn't know who Shatner was , lol )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL1-oA9z9b0

Death Dreams (1991) - Pre CSI Marg Helgenberger and post superman Christopher Reeves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzDD8Wq8F3c

Alien Abduction : Incident in lake county aka the McPherson tape (1998)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZjxtXmpf9k

It's a shame there's no real made for TV movies anymore. Well other than all the Asylum films for Syfy/Space network.