Topic: The 80s is the best time EVER!!!

Man, everything was cool then.
Me being a teen, new Metal bands like Venom, Metallica, amazing Pop like the Queen Madonna, ass kicking Punk bands, amazing comics and graphic art, unforgetable movies, cool cars as 60 and 70 ones were still around unlike now, the arcades and Space Invaders or Asteroids, just about every damn thing was great then.

Just these mullet haircut and the fluo clothes that weren't cool. AT ALL.

No wonder I wanna go back there A.S.A.P. lol

Re: The 80s is the best time EVER!!!

I was a kid for most of the 80's.  It was the decade I had sex for the first time (I think, may have been 1990).   Was the decade I fell in love with horror.  The decade that my dad made a a fake guy and hung him for a halloween decoration, and thus I fell in love with Halloween.

Dirt bikes.  Discovered girls.  Loved Madonna and Prince (yes, I will admit it! smile ).  Sleepovers.  GI Joe and Transformers.  Such a mysterious time.

Yeah...I love the 80's.

GI Joe AND Hot Wheels.

And there was this guy in a parachute which we were throwing off the 3 floors of the apartment building my friend was living in.

H3LL BAZOOKA JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And those shuttle with a firecracker on the tip we threw on the asphalt.

I definitely had my first sex during these years. At 13 really. Was ready to get the best thing ever young enough it seems. lol

Also fell in love with Horror then, saw Evil Dead the first day it showed in the cinema. Was 12. I became hooked right away.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-09 00:13:40)

14 for me!

I had a parachute for Sabotage.  Threw him up, he didn't come down...that I could see any way.  Years later my neighbors found him in their gutters, only thing wrong was his thumb broke off.

Tough SOB!

Hahaha the amount of them I lost man. I lived next to the St-Laurence river and it was VERY windy so the damn thing was always flying away. lol

I was born in the 80's so I must lot's of the cool shit. Feel like I'm living it now sometimes. Denim vest, long hair, heavy metal and horror movies.

Loved the 80s.  Spent the entirety of my teens in 'em (born in '71) so all my formative years occurred during that decade.  I still remember everything about the '80s as if they happened yesterday (cliche, but completely true).  Prince was awesome, loved Madonna, Michael Jackson's Thriller was (and still is, IMO) the greatest music video ever made.  I remember LA Gears, British Knights, parachute pants, Wings Hauser in Vice Squad, seeing Back to the Future opening weekend, crying when Apollo Creed died in Rocky 4, 21 Jump Street (I fucking HATE the movie, completely disrespects the show, which was actually really good, especially season 3), I remember watching The Simpsons when they were still nothing more than animated sketches on the Tracey Ullman show.  Growing Pains, Terrence Trent D'Arby, Milli Vanilli, Taylor Dayne, Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick, LL Cool J was a total rock star.  Lethal Weapon, Smokey and the Bandit III, Dokken, Iron Maiden, Keel, WASP.  Nikki Sixx setting himself on fire, Mick Mars drooling blood, Michael Jackson's head catching on fire.  The first time MJ ever did the Moonwalk, live on television, and every kid at school the next day trying to copy him.  My first make-out girlfriend when I was 12 (a black girl named Ginger, who had a Jheri Curl and smelled like coconuts and honey).  My first heartbreak (Anita Miller, the bitch), Duran Duran, Friday Night Videos, the death of Cliff Burton. 

I could spend countless hours talking about the '80s.

I can spend hours even days talking about the good old 80s, hence why I started this thread. big_smile

Heavy Metal Magazine, the discovery of Playboy in the basement closet damn father transmitted me that love for naked ladies, thanks to him, that's the ONLY thing I thank him for though.

Smokey and the Bandits indeed, Convoy, K2000, Chips, Kojak, Demetan, Goldorak, Miami Vice, Calimero, Yogi, Looney Tunes, ahhh so much good stuff on TV back then. Now too but it was really different then.

No worries LoudLon, I won't say anything about THE POWER RANGERS.

Woops, I just did. lol

I reckon now is the best time ever.. quit living in the past.

I'll live whenever I want, want it or not. tongue

Ah the 80s...

Parachute pants, leather pants, studded belts, bullet belts, lace gloves with 42 million bracelets ( thanks Madonna ), rock tee shirts, motorcycle jacket, pegged leg jeans that were so tight I had to lay on the bed to zip them up, short skirts with high heels and socks ( thanks ZZ top), clove ciggarettes, coloured streaks in my hair ( oh wait...I still do that), ripped pantyhose, searching the thrift stores for the perfect retro dress and then restyle it like Madonna...

KISW and KZOK in Seattle, MTV!!!, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Mötley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Ramones, The Clash, The Cure, Head Bangers Ball!, Michael Jackson's Thriller ( remember the whole school being able to do the dance at a jr prom),

Discovering all of those classic 80s horror for the first time, saw Poltergeist, nightmare on elm street, and Friday the 13 part 3 at the theatre.  Countless others on late night HBO and VHS,  John Hughes movies!!,  The Munsters and Adams Family on reruns after school,  Cruising the "point" with my boyfriend ( he had a convertible Triumph), met my hubby when i was 13 ( he had a convertible fiat), going to keggers in someone's backyard ( saw Kurt cobain with the Melvin's before he was famous at one), going to concerts as much as I could (Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, prince, Sammy Hagar), waited in line to meet Ozzy for about three hours!, buy a new album or 45 every week or two.  I could go on and on...

The 80s were care free and fun, but I had just as much fun in the 90s.

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2013-06-09 06:05:42)

^^^
Still have one of these studded belts, actually wearing it right now.

And seems to me that you're a convertible girl miss. lol

I can't say I had as much fun in the 90s because that's when I developped my heroin addiction. 2 whole years of that crap in my veins. Glad that's also in the 90s that I finally got away from it never to touch it again. Yay me. big_smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

The 80s were care free and fun, but I had just as much fun in the 90s.

Same here.  Well, actually, I had even more fun in the '90s because that was the decade I became an adult. lol

Nice kickin that habit Punk!  Seriously.

I started high school in 89, so much of the 80's for me I was still a kid.  I was more into pop music, the metal and other stuff came later.  I really wasn't into MTV, never was a whole lot, but yeah...Thriller.  That was my thing.  I remember having a buddy who's mom wouldn't let us watch that video, cuz it gave him nightmares and I remember even then being amazed someone could be so wimpy (no offense, I'm sure it scared someone here too).

We had a camper in the back yard and my parents let me turn it into my home in the summer.  I remember running cords out so I could have power.  Watched Wolf out there, one of Fox's first shows.

Due to me starting high school in 89, and all the crap that goes with that, the 80's has special significance for me as it was kind of the last of innocence...90's was totally different as it happened to coincide with a totally different life cycle.

brother, I AM the 80's, lol. I grew up right in the 80's.

1980 - 10 years old 1989 - 19 years old. All of my middle/high school years were 80s. I effing loved it.

I hate to keep plugging it, but 'The Truck' dude, you're gonna go back in time.

The 80s sure was the best time to live in. it seemed care free and peaceful unlike this generation

Tripod wrote:

The 80s sure was the best time to live in. it seemed care free and peaceful unlike this generation

I'm sure it seems like that, but it is probably the fartheset thing from the truth. Remember the cold war?

aceofspades, right on man, at least a movie where I'll feel right at home. big_smile

Yeah Theli, Reagan, Tatcher and all that crap. Another thing to hate from the 80s is that crappy Michael Jackson. Man I hate the guy with a passion. lol