Re: Horror Sequels Better Than The Original

I won't say that the second Blair Witch is better than the original but it sure was much better than what people are saying it is. That movie's got way too much hate thrown at it. AND it's gor the extraordinary cute with a surprising breast Kim Director in it so yes, why all the hate???

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-09 11:44:18)

I tried watching Book of Shadows not long ago for the first time and while I thought it was cool to see Jeffrey Donovan (star of Burn Notice) I just couldn't get into it.  I loved the original (still do, for my money it's one of the best horror flicks of the last 20 years) but the sequel just didn't work for me.  I didn't make it more than half an hour in before I gave up and turned it off. lol

all i will say is while not a good film, i certainly liked Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows a lot better than the vastly over rated first one.

I could call Psycho II better than the original.

I tend to get horrible reactions to saying it (like in a article I wrote for the site), but I still think it s for certain reasons.

Friday the 13th II it's hard to believe an old lady killed so many young people.

LoudLon wrote:

I loved the original (still do, for my money it's one of the best horror flicks of the last 20 years)

My thoughs exactly. Blair Witch is the movie that scared me the most EVER!!! That ending scene in the basement man, chills down my spine even now.

REC 2 is another I remember liking a little more than the first, most intense and exciting, IMO.

^^^
My favorite REC is the number 3. Hot babe an chainsaw??? Oh damn yesss!!! big_smile

Aliens (1986) is the only one I can think of.

Aliens is an easy pick for me.

^^^
Not for me because Resurrection is hanging very tight right next to it. big_smile

Grudge 2 was far better. Not Ju-On, the american one rather.

And I Know What You Did Last Summer 3, I'll Always Know... is my favorite of the bunch. That Punk girl in the band...

The Ring 0 Birthday is the best of them all. And Samara from the american remake is the sexiest girl in the world and my wife so imagine how good it has to be. Hahahaha lol

Son Of The Giant Gila Monster.

kXnPunk wrote:

Grudge 2 was far better. Not Ju-On, the american one rather.

That's the only American Grudge film I've yet to see.

Superman 2,

Aliens 2.

Final Destination 2

Final Destination 2 is one I go back and forth on, I sometimes think I might slightly prefer it to the first.

Might be out of line but I like batman returns better then batman.

Not a Horror movie though, which is what we're talking about here.

I agree about Batman Returns being better, though smile