Re: What R U Reading?

The Tibetan Book of the Dead

What a masterpiece.

^ That's some interesting reading right there, P. My mind likes to wander over the concept of "Bardo Stages" from time to time when I'm feeling particularly mystical. I've been interested ever since reading Leary's classic "The Psychedelic Experience".

As of now, along with "The Portable Jung", I'm reading Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku (who is one of my favorite science popularizers).

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan; I read the graphic novel and wanted to see how it and the book compare.

The Magic of Reality by Richard Dawkins.

The Power Of The Dog ~ Don Winslow

The Crucifix Killer, I'm finally getting to the end.
Not cause the book is a drag, but cause I distract myself with eBay and other internet shenanigans.
I'm totally digging it.

X certificate. the story of independent British Horror Films from 1951- 1970.

^Cool, how is it?

A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence Krauss

^ I ate that book up. It was good.

Chaos & Cyber Culture by Timothy Leary

At the Mounts of Madness, again. I'm also reading Stephen King's "The Dome" as well and I have to say that I almost missed his very slow paced style of writing.

Still reading Dan Brown's Inferno.  Been delayed by some distractions but man, it's a great book so I find time to get through a few pages even when I don't have the time.

Started a while ago, the second book by Chris Carter called The Executioner

Reading 2 books now to write reviews for them.  The last review I wrote got HM mentioned on the book's website.

^^^
Oh that's very cool.

Reading the last issue of Rue Morgue and it has great articles about Maniac and an amazing one about American Mary. Also reading L.J. Smith Secret Circle-The Hunt which is amazing. Damn I love this author, she writes amazing stuff.

Currently reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. Great book so far, imaginative and disturbing.

I'm reading New Rules of Lifting for Women and Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (decent dystopian fiction).

I'll be starting Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson later tonight.

^^^
Oh sounds nice this one. Gotta plunge into this when I find it.

^ This is my first venture into the works of Robert A. Wilson (aka, Bob). I've been watching plenty of hours of his YouTube lectures though. He's quite the intelligent, witty, and fun philosopher.
The Illuminatus! Trilogy, Schrodinger's Cat and Cosmic Trigger are also all supposed to be pretty excellent books.

^^^
Yeah, I really like his views.

And man, the Illuminati are EVERYWHERE, even on the US dollar.
They OWN the world. lol

Got back into one of my all times favorite, the insanely great George Orwell's 1984. They did a pretty accurate film version I think...

Big Brother is watching you...
Screw Big Brother. big_smile

Just finishing reading mine classic Cozy Chilling Bedtime Stories by P. Gibey. Love the reading all the time, have read it for 2times now yet still CATCHING MY HEART!!!

Prometheus Rising was a lot of fun and very interesting. Highly recommended!

While I soak in some of the new information I received from that, I'm trying something fiction-based (for the first time since forever): Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

I finally finished nos4a2. It was quite an enjoyable book, but it just felt long. It's weird it almost felt like I read a whole series, there were ups and downs. A part of the story would come to an end, and it felt like I was starting from the beginning again on a new book in the next segment. At times I couldn't put it down, and a few short segments I had to push through. That said though I really did like it. I liked all the characters, good or bad, they were just well written. I also liked how the story how it encapsulated all of Vic's life. There's definitely some disturbing parts, and some tense parts. But what surprised me the most was how modern his writing style was, books often feel timeless to me, this book is specifically dated. Mentioning trends and popular movies or other little tid bits of mainstream culture. I liked the little tributes to King and other authors, and I also quite liked the semi-breaking of the 4th wall at the end.

Probably picking up Richard Laymon's Travelling Vampire Show next.

The Obituaries