Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:

Watched John Dies at the End again, still love it. Hardly horror (other than some specific scenes) but damn fun.

As well as Manborg, made by some local Canadians, it was a riot. Really stupid and over the top with bad FX, but just a lot of fun too. It's short too, only and hour. A total tribute to 80's movies.

Watched Manborg a few weeks ago and I also really liked it. Thought it was really amazing for a movie with a budget of under $3000.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Home Sweet Home  6 out of 10
A very subtle , quiet and creepy home invasion movie. a mixture of The Strangers and The Collector. thanks Alien for pointing me in the right direction

Glad you liked it Mistress. smile
There is actually another film with the same name and similar plot that I have been waiting to check out too.

V/H/S 2 (2013) - Dude!  That was intense!  I loved the first one, but this one really upped the ante as far as tension and gore.  I really enjoyed all four segments, the first one probably being my least favorite of the bunch, and I thought that they did a better job with the wrap around segment.  A sequel that bettered the original, can't wait to see what they do with the next one.  4.5/5.

No One Lives (2013) - A gang of ruthless killers kidnap a wealthy couple traveling through their small town only to shockingly discover that things are not what they seem.  A bit cliche at times, but still an enjoyable watch.  3.5/5.

alien25 wrote:

V/H/S 2 (2013) - Dude!  That was intense!  I loved the first one, but this one really upped the ante as far as tension and gore.  I really enjoyed all four segments, the first one probably being my least favorite of the bunch, and I thought that they did a better job with the wrap around segment.  A sequel that bettered the original, can't wait to see what they do with the next one.  4.5/5.

I agree 100%

Vasquez wrote:
LoudLon wrote:
Chomper wrote:

I didn't enjoy the Hatchet movies, not really sure why.

I didn't either, but I actually DO know why:

1. Horrible actors (save the nerdy "hero" guy, the only novel thing about the flick)
2. Forced humor
3. Cardboard characters
4. Poor pacing
5. Overall stupidity

I don't like Adam Green as a filmmaker.  I view him as a notch below Eli Roth who, despite his tendency to over-sell his own shit, is at least a knowledgeable and articulate fan of the genre.  Any interview I've seen with Green, he comes off as one of those guys who in high school thought it was funny to pick his nose and show it to you.  And while there may be an audience for that, I'm not part of it. lol

I couldn't have said it better myself.

no doubt.. leave it to Lon to point out the faults of a bad movie with the precision of a red hot laser ! I love it !!  big_smile

Lovely Molly 6/10
Not bad for a low budget ghost incest film

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunter - We really enjoyed this! Really fun movie to watch! Cheesy good fun big_smile

Dark Water (2002)

I saw this on Sunday, I forgot to post, I do think it was a bit better the remake I saw last week end, there were a bit more creepy feel in this movie.

I don't think it was one of the best J-horror movie but it's drag in some places and I did find some it really dull at time.

A bit better then the US Remake but still lacks something of Early J-horror movies.

Hatchet 3 (2013)

Yesterday, I saw all 3 back to back and it could easily fit all these 3 movies into  one full movie, 

I loved first movie, It's had gore, it some Nudity and it's some nice tounge in cheek moment that I loved everything about it!

In 2010 I could wait to see Hatchet 2, I got hopes up little to high, I cause, I didn't like, I found
tone down some bit, I found it less gory and it took while for movie to get going after the boring middle part and with no humour.

I didn't really get hope for this one, Cause, I knew if  I did  , I would be disappointed by this.

For me Hatchet 3 I found just little more fun and bit better then Hatchet 2.

I loved the opening of the movie, that is one  hell of way to start and I loved very gory opening in this movie.

I think movie a lot more better pace then second movie, there not scenes that drag on and I was not bored with this movie at all.

The side-plot of the movie could have been better but it okay and I really enjoyed the last few scenes in the movie.

I loved those effect in the last few scenes, it was very gooey, I did not expect that but I did find little silly how it happened.

Improvement on second movie but I felt they were missing the some of the dark Humour that made first one a lot more fun.

6/7 out of 10   really good sequel

I

^^^
CAN'T WAIT to see my love Danielle Harris into this. She's my top Scream Queen definitely, I dig that chick. smile

THE ALPHABET KILLER [2008]

H3LL man, what a kick ass flick. Stars my lovely and utterly beutiful Elisa Dushku, Michael Ironside and Bill Moseley to name a few. Crazy story about a girl cop {my love Elisa} that investigate the murder of a little girl and goes nuts a long while seeing the ghost of the girl and stuff. Man, Elisa delivers one of her best performances of all times to me really and I've seen most of what she did, told you I loved her no??? lol
Extremely well written storyline and absolutely wonderful cinamatograpgy. Damn those shots are beautiful it's crazy.

One of the best I've seen recently. Dig it like a fool. big_smile

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Ha, well Lon, I think you summed it up. I couldn't really think back to what I didn't like because Hatchet didn't leave a lasting impression, except for some cool cameos.

The Possession (2012) - Awesome!!!! The lady and I really liked this one

^^^ I dug that one quite a bit, myself.  I'd never even heard of Jeffrey Dean Morgan until I saw Watchmen, but he's impressed me more and more with each subsequent movie I've seen him in and The Possession was no different.  Thought he was great in it, and I enjoyed that it focused more on suspense than gore and jump scares.

Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood!!! Love this movie.  The sleepingbag scene is the best!

So glad I saw it in the cinema. It rocks.

Was talking about The Possession not Friday The 13th.

HELLRAISER [1987] rewatch

Been too long I watched it so it was definitely a great fun to see again.
That's LoudLon's fault so thanks.
Man the Cenobites are the craziest things ever invented, they just rule!!!
Really a fantastic classic.

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

re watched "the Fly 2" Still think the same as when i first saw it, not brilliant but a decent sequel with some good moments. 7/10.

Another 2009 great one.

SUCK [2009]

Man what a fun and ultra cool one. H3LL, how could you not like it, it's got Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper and the über sexy Jessica Paré. Canadian one, makes me proud of my country. A band, some become Vamps. It's just insanely hilarious. A real Rock'N'Roll ride.

666.666.666/10

Warm Bodies: This movie really tried hard to be funny, and heart felt.  And at times it had it's moments.  There are a few scenes that draw you in to the movie, but then it falls flat again.

5.5/10

House at the End of the Street (2012)

I could not get into this movie at all, I found the whole movie boring and very predicable, one of the most Predicable movies ever!

This was just bland,

Anyone see Would You Rather (2012) ?
Might give that watch tonight!

Hammer's Brides of Dracula (1960)

Despite the exclusion of Christopher Lee as the count I found this a better film than Hammers original Horror of Dracula from 1958. I thought that it benefited with better and more vibrant cinematography and the increased screen presence of Cushing. Overall just seemed to be more inventive than the original. 9/10.

My fav Hammer horror second only 2 Curse of Frankenstein now.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-06-15 17:23:17)

ABC's of Death - I liked a few of the segments, but for the most part it disappointed me. 5/10

Girls Gone Dead - not big on the tropical day time setting but overall its a fun slasher with a pretty cool killer and some decent kills. 7/10

^^^
Girls Gone Dead is one of my favorite Slashers of all times with Spirit Camp. Along with the other Jason, Myers, Freddy ones of course.

That little black dude man, freaking HILARIOUS beyond words. lol
Crazy fucker.

American Beauty finished so I'm starting Dark Skies now. I'll be back later with what I thought but I'm sure I'll like. LOVED what I saw read from it so... Hahaha

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-15 23:36:27)

Watched Dagon yesterday. I had seen it once before when it was first released but only had vague memories of it. It was a pretty damn enjoyable movie. It has a great atmosphere to it. It's not based on jump scares or gore, though there is one somewhat gory and rather disturbing scene. It had a great ending too.

DEAD SILENCE [2007]

I love puppet always have and man, the ones in this are great. James Wan is a true sicko. And he proves it once again with that.
Fantastic everything this one has, especially the cinematography which is just beautiful. A very nice way to close my saturday movie night that was.

666.666/10

DARK SKIES [2013]

Man what a blast that was. A brilliant storyline with amazing acting. Cinematography was wild too, beautiful images. Family get weird unexplicable stuff happening. They meet a dude that explains them that the "Greys" from outer space are after 'em and that they're not alone. Some pretty creepy moments and a crazy tension all the movie long.

The piling up of the dishes was great, I loved that the Expresso machine was on top of it all. Made me pause and use mine. Hahaha

I loved the sex advices the friend gives Jessy about his new girlfriend which is just adorable... Did you grab her boobs??? Man, you gotta go down there, that's what I do with all my girls. lol

But the time lost and the head smash on the glass door from mom was really rad. So was the dad mouth opened or the kid's Black eyes was too.

Excellent and fantastic movie. The good reviews I read about it didn't lie.

I truely recommend it.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-16 07:25:44)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Girls Gone Dead is one of my favorite Slashers of all times with Spirit Camp. Along with the other Jason, Myers, Freddy ones of course.

Spirit Camp is pretty amazing LOL

We Are What We Are (2010)

Damn, what a movie. Liked the fact that it wasn't a wall to wall gore film and was focused on the family, which I'm pretty sure the remake won't be like. Or it might have some psuedo-pretentious/symbolic meaning behind it. Bleh.

Anywho, fantastic film. 8/10