Topic: Led Zeppelin Reunion Confirmed

Led Zeppelin has officially announced last week, they are going to reform to play a one-off charity concert at London's 02 Arena November 26th. Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham, son of the late great drummer John jammed for a week and announced that they would be willing and able to perform a full two-hour set.
Now lets see if they can still handle a world tour. If you were able to see them live, would you go?

Re: Led Zeppelin Reunion Confirmed

Awesome, I love Led Zep!:cool:

From my understanding it wil be one show only, their last concert ever.  So i doubt we will see a world tour.

They are doing tickets based on a lottery system.  Sign up before this coming monday I believe and they pull names for tickets later on.  They have already gotten over 20 million enteries for tickets, so if you are lucky enough to get them you can sell them for a boatload of money I am sure.

The tickets cost £125 each. Money can change their minds pretty quickly. I know at the moment it's only that one gig but who knows, stranger things have happened smile

^ But dont forget they are doing this for charity, not for their own greedy pockets.

Oh yeah.... your right about that, but if they continue to tour it goes in their pockets.

lol here is the offical concert announcement:

REUNITED LED ZEPPELIN TO PLAY Nov 26th IN LONDON
On September 12th it was announced that the original 3 members of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, along with the deceased drummers son Jason Bonham, would headline a benefit at the O2 arena in London on Nov 26th.  Harvey Goldsmith, the promoter of record, stated that the benefit was a one time event to benefit charities affiliated with Ahmet Ertegun, the former chairman of Atlantic records, who first signed Led Zeppelin to his label in 1968 and who died after hitting his head at a Rolling stones concert in NY last December.  The tickets will be distributed by lottery only in the UK and are priced at 125£.  We are pleased to announce that we have provided a link to one of the most trusted names in the secondary ticket resale market in England and are happy to provide the ability for true fans to obtain LEGITIMATE tickets to this 1 time event.  It is critical that fans realize, legitimate tickets can only be purchased in the secondary market AFTER the distribution to the lottery winners.  Please check out the headline link above for more information and be assured this exchange guarantees the legitimacy of the tickets purchased.

You can apply for tickets here: http://www.ahmettribute.com/

The Deadline to enroll is midday on Wednesday.  It was extended by 48 hours because by midday on Saturday Seppt 15th they already had received 25+ million applicaions for tickets.