Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Django Unchained...for the first time

Les Miserables (the new one)

These 2 ones I just can't freaking wait to grab. Hopefully they'll show up soon on the for sale shelves of my DVD store.

A GOOD YEAR [2006]

I'm a fan of wine. No, no, I' mean it, I'm really a fan of wine. Nothing as good as this in the world aside Jack Daniels. So this movie was just perfect for me. And great casting. Marion Cotillard and Russell Crowe are fantastic. Crowe's uncle played by Finney is wild. Crazy old fuck. lol

And man, Provence in France is just sublime. What a beautiful region.
So yes, very nice film to watch.

666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-14 06:26:10)

Scott Pilgrim vs the World (2010)

Great movie. Always been a fan of Michael Cera since his Arrested Development days.

Great?

Don't you mean Superanomicallaserswordslayerifficidolizermunchinmuffinbowwowyipeeyoyipeeyaspagettinoodlecoorscastlediddums fun?

Scott Pilgrim is an AMAZING one.
So crazy and funny. Plus my sweet lovely gorgeous as mad Mary-Elizabeth Winstead is in it. Great.

Ghosts of Mississippi....watching it for the first time and still in progress but wow, what a powerful movie.  It makes me sick that America used to be this way, and still is in some ways.

A great one indeed.

Got my Emma Stone fix earlier with a great one.

EASY A [2010] rewatch

Man this girl is hot. AND it's also got Amanda Bynes and Aly Michalka so as far as gorgeous girls, it's damn perfect. Very nice lines and crazy/funny story. Love this one. Love Emma. big_smile

666.666.666/10

In the spirit of watching movies for the first time, I am now watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for the first time.  I'm so excited to see this one

Oh man, you're in for quite a nice threat!!!
Fantastic one.

Django Unchained (Re-watch) - Now one of my very favorite Tarantino films.
Hitchcock - 9/10 - Anthony Hopkins' performance as Hitch is stunning! Excellent movie.

Man Of Steel (2013)

Oh man this was awesome. This had a very different tone than the Richard Donner films and I'm glad we got something refreshing to see for Superman. It was emotional, action packed, and it was exactly how I would have liked to seen Superman portrayed. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out on DVD.

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) i've held off seeing this all this time ,so was it worth seeing? no , not really. 5/10.

Men In Black 3 rewatch

AMEICAN BEAUTY [1999] rewatch

Woah Spacey man. AND Mena. And Bensley. And Anette. But especially THORA YUM BIRCH bitch. lol

One of my top movies ever, just fucking BRILLANTLY MASTERPIECESQUE.

Best Zoom-in in the history of the cinema to me is in there. The "Wanna see the best film I made???" The flying.piece of paper with him and her then moving up to show only the white paper. UTTERLY BRILLIANT. The script is wild, all their lines stick in your head just like a hammer punch would... Lotsa love I have for it, LOTS!!!

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Watching, again for the first time (theme huh lol)

A Bronx Tale!!!

^^^
Hahaha yes theme indeed.

DISTURBIA [2007]

Man what a freaking masterpiece of mystery, thriller, crime and love stories which are just amazing. Expecially the one between Sarah Roemer [OH SO DAMN GORGEOUSLY TOO HOT] and LaBeouf. But Carrie-Ann Moss and Morse's one is fucked up even more. When she asks him how long have you been looking at me, what he replies, I love the way you look at yourself in the mirror before going out. You ask yourself who Am I really. I look at my neighbours but not you, you look at the world. Wow. Bring tears to my eyes everytime. Exactly what she says, the best love words that I ever heard. Yep. I'm definitely a romantic dude. Flowers and all. HAHAHA

Great one, great acting, great shots.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-16 00:49:48)

Well another kick ass one this saturday movie night was.

The Name Of The Rose [1986] rewatch

What a great classic this one is. Phenomenal acting from Sean Connery, what favorite actor of them all and was cool to see a very young Christian Slater which delivers too. Kick ass movie. One of my best ever. Yeah, i know this list is long but so what??? lol

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Space Cowboys [2000] rewatch

Man, the freaking fan of space travel I am loves this.
How could I not really???
Tommy Lee Jones, Don Sutherland and Clint Eastwood, that can't go wrong. Freaking HILARIOUS and touching. And man, James Cromwell is once again playing an asshole in which he excels. big_smile

Love the story and the lines. Too big for a Space Shuttle??? I slipped on the soap. I'm out, get yourself another Flight Coordinator... The way Sutherland tries to hook up with the nurse is so damn funny during the vision exam. lol
And so on.
Brilliant comedy. Great fun it definitely is.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-16 07:19:24)

The Darkest Hour (2011)

I actually found it enjoyable. Never let reviews dictate which movies you should see. (There's a very small part of me that does sadly) 7/10

Kung Fu Dunk rewatch

HERO [2002]

The most expensive and highest grossing movie in China and man, it was worth every damn penny. Just wonderful imagery and kick ass shots. And what a cool story. Maggie Cheung that I love plays Flying Snow perfectly and Jet Li well, he's Jet Li so no need to say anything else.

The lake fight was just WONDERFUL!!!

Damn what an insanely great flick this is.

Gotta love asian Samurai films.

666.666.666/10

Dark Knight Rises : I can believe my friend had never seen it.

Hit & Run...didn't pay attention so don't remember much about it, lol

How can Kristen Bell NOT get your attention is TOTALLY beyond me. lol

It was a background movie to when I was writing and more than usual, I didn't pay attention.  I see her around Detroit all the time, she comes to the Wings games a lot.  Cute girl.

FISH TANK [2009] rewatch

Man what an amaFREAKINGzing movie this is. Katie Jarvis is sexy and right on, Kierston Wareing is oh damn hot and great and Michael Fassbender is as usual, brilliant. But what an amazing adventure that movie is, fantastic. More I watch it, more I like. Yes it's one of those.

666.666.666/10

Dinner For Schmucks. it was ok, funny in parts. 6/10