Topic: What horror films deserve a sequel?

What horror films deserve a sequel?

Re: What horror films deserve a sequel?

I always wanted to see more about what happened after the events of Prince of Darkness, but I guess each of Carpenter's "apocalyptic" movies leaves it just as the juicy parts start, or implies what happens, then leaves it up to the imagination (which I like).

I want to see a sequel to Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. Their kickstarter was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Maybe another Trick r Treat anthology?

I also wanted to see more after the Dawn of the Dead remake, as I felt it was a bit of a tease where the after-credits scene left off.

The Shrine (2010) was cool and I think would benefit from a better produced sequel.

^^^^ I thought I was the only one who wanted to see a sequel to Prince of darkness. I would also want to see a sequel to :
                  1. The Live
                  2. Ghosts of Mars
                  3. In the mouth of madness
                  4. Vampires

John Carpenter is the best

Great thread Vesquez!

There alot of great horror films that deserve sequels here's some I could think of off the top of my head,

1) The Burning (1981)
2) My Bloody Valentine (1981)
3) Trick 'r Treat (2007)
4) Satan's Little Helper (2004)

It already has sequels, but the actual idea that was rumored for The Lost Boys sequel: The Lost Girls. Hot biker/punk/goth vamps give zero shih tzus about the havoc they wreak.

I would be cool with a sequel to:

The Orphanage
Let the Right One In
Halloween 2 (john carpenter's/Rosenthal's)
Mama
The Thing

Trick r' Treat
Stagefright
Black Christmas
Baron Blood

Last edited by Theli (2013-06-15 00:54:01)

Event Horizon
HORROR HOTEL A sequel or a remake would make me so happy.
Drag Me To H3LL
The Shining
Stigmata
High Tension
Inside

My bloody Valentine 3D
Big Trouble in little China
Rose Red
Demon Knight

Theli wrote:

Trick r' Treat
Stagefright
Black Christmas
Baron Blood

As much as im curious as to what could happen after the events of the original Black Christmas (1974) I think it is an occasion where a sequel isn't needed. The very fact the ending is the way it is only adds more power to the film in my opinion.

Dawn of The Dead 04 is a good example of a film where a sequel is more appropriate i think.

Trick or treat if done right. Imo most movies dont need a sequel. The only movies I'm interested in seeing a sequel to are movies that have a story to them.

mike3881 wrote:

Trick or treat if done right. Imo most movies dont need a sequel. The only movies I'm interested in seeing a sequel to are movies that have a story to them.

True most horror films dont need a sequel and are deserving classics as stand alone films, even if they end on a curious note e.g even Carpenter's The Thing. Indeed where there too amy sequels that disguise a very good and original first film e.g SAW this is a bad thing.

If it makes sense, I want the sequel(s) to Halloween III where Carpenters idea was to have the other films not star Michael and separate from the main two movies. And the movies happen on or around Halloween. I liked that idea, I would like to see something like that. But he ditched it once all the fans hated the fact Michael was gone.

And like said before, I want a sequel to the original Black Christmas. It would be awesome if the intro to the sequel started off where the first just ended.

Also I know people are going to debate me on this film being a horror film but I am saying it anyway. I would love a sequel to Martha Marcy May Marlene, which I thought ended just where things were getting super interesting.

I wouldn't mind a sequel to The Fourth Kind either.

Stakeland would make for a interesting sequel me thinks.

^^^
Oh damn yesss absolutely agree. What a great Vamp f;ick. One of the best.

Found weird that they didn't list it in the 20 best Vamp flicks on the main site though... roll

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-15 23:24:46)

kXnPunk wrote:

The Shining

I thought this too, but there is a sequel coming out this year, Doctor Sleep, no word a film yet of course, but there are rumours of a prequel movie in the works.

Vasquez wrote:
Theli wrote:

Trick r' Treat
Stagefright
Black Christmas
Baron Blood

As much as im curious as to what could happen after the events of the original Black Christmas (1974) I think it is an occasion where a sequel isn't needed. The very fact the ending is the way it is only adds more power to the film in my opinion.

I won't disagree, I hardly feel that many movies need a sequel. But it does have room to progress, and still be genuinely creepy. Slasher flicks in general seem to work best with sequels. Simpler plots.

Last edited by Theli (2013-06-16 02:49:10)

mike3881 wrote:

4. Vampires

I giving that r-e watch today, I Heard it's got two sequels already!  main start in that   Jon Bon Jovi
?

Theli wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

The Shining

I thought this too, but there is a sequel coming out this year, Doctor Sleep, no word a film yet of course, but there are rumours of a prequel movie in the works.

Wow, that's great news. Didn't know about that. Thanks buddy. big_smile

mike3881 wrote:

^^^^ I thought I was the only one who wanted to see a sequel to Prince of darkness. I would also want to see a sequel to :
                  1. The Live
                  2. Ghosts of Mars
                  3. In the mouth of madness
                  4. Vampires

Absolutely! And no, you're not alone!

Event Horizon

I can't remember when was the last time I've watched good hard sci-fi horror. Imagine big budget horror movie with dense atmosphere of loneliness and constant danger.

As long as the sequels were done right with a good cast and good story to continue.

Lost Boys 2 the original sequel aka Lost Girls - I would watch it as long as it had a good decent female cast as the vampires and return of Corey Haim when he was in better shape. This true sequel was in talks for like what? 15 years?

The Stuff 2 - yeah it would never ever happen but I still love The Stuff

Nightbreed 2 - tone it down with the gore then I would see it.

Big Trouble in Little Tokyo - sequel to Little China. This time the sequel involves Tokyo town in New York or wherever that involves ancient Japanese supernatural stuff

Maniac 2 a true sequel that takes place after the original Maniac. Kinda like what went on with the first two Psycho movies.

Fright Night 3 - imagine Peter Vincent and whatshisname taking on vampires all over again with a few twists. They have to deal witih other things besides vampires.

Witchcraft sequel - how many has it been now for those Witchcraft movies?

urrutiap wrote:

Big Trouble in Little Tokyo - sequel to Little China. This time the sequel involves Tokyo town in New York or wherever that involves ancient Japanese supernatural stuff

Count me in! I forgot about Big Trouble in Little China which in fact was one if my favourite childhood movies. I recall it as a fine mixture of action, horror and comedy. They aren't making such movies anymore.

Last edited by ChopstickMassacre (2013-07-03 09:13:15)

I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed) 100 Bloody Acres the other night.  It doesn't leave its door open for a real sequel, but I liked it so much I'd get a kick out of seeing the further adventures of the peculiar but funny Reg Morgan (Damon Herriman -- better known as redneck fuck-up Dewey Crow on the show Justified).

OH I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!
They made a sequel to I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE!!!

When I saw that on the main site I started screaming and jumping around like a nut. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H3LL yeah baby, yesss!!! big_smile

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/07/fir … r-grave-2/

^

This a film I don't think they really need a sequel to. But I will still check it out at this years Frightfest for sure.