Topic: Happy Father's day 2013 to all my friends that are in here

Best wishes to all of you. Buddies.
Hope you have a great time with your loved ones.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/dad-golf-fathers-day-clorox-bleach-it-away-ecards-someecards.png

And this is hopefully what all the married ones will get from their wifes. lol

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/happy-wonderful-husband-matter-fathers-day-ecard-someecards.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-16 06:58:58)

Re: Happy Father's day 2013 to all my friends that are in here

Many thanks from this proud papa, Punk (alliteration!).  Just finished talking to my baby girl on the phone -- well, I call her baby girl but she turns 12 next month lol -- and as usual had a blast with her.  Lots of talk about The Walking Dead, she told me how excited she is to be going to a Kiss and Shinedown concert for her birthday, we talked about the pets her mom and I had back when I lived with her.  Our weekly talks usually cover a vast and diverse range of subjects, and this one was no different. lol

Now I'm just waiting for my aunt to give me a call.  We're going grocery shopping (she always asks me to go to help load the stuff, which is understandable considering she's pushing 70) and then I'm swinging by Ramey's Quik Stop for my Father's Day dinner -- a couple slices of ridiculously awesome pizza and one of those new giant cans of Mountain Dew. lol

To all you other fathers out there -- Undie, Wolfie, Ghostie and all you other jokers, you know who you are -- Happy Father's Day.  Hope you have a great one. smile

I got a 'Happy Godfather' card off of my niece, which was nice. A first too.

Hey all you dads out here, you need to gimme a trick on how to become one without having a girl and not spending any money for addoption.

Steal one??? Oh that might work. lol

LoudLon glad to hear that and Scavenger of Human Sorrow you too.

Lucky bastards, kids ROCK INTENSELY!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-16 17:29:47)

Thank you, "kpunk" for acknowledging the dads out there! About "how to become a dad?"  You could be a Big Brother to a child? You wouldn't necessarily be a dad, but being a good role model is pretty rewarding. Not to mention... priceless, to that child.

Lon, good to hear you got to talk with your "baby girl" yesterday. How lucky/blessed she is to have such a loving, and supportive dad!! And, how cool that she gets to go to see a Kiss concert too. * jealous*

Scavenger, how cool is that. You must be real close to your niece.

Yesterday I went to the theater to see the new Superman movie with my kids, and my oldest daughters boyfriend and his father. Had a great time!

I don't consider I could be a "good role model". AT ALL. Far from that to tell you the truth. lol

But hey, I have a niece so I get my kid fix with her. Just hoping I could see her more often.

And you're welcome, that was a must do, I know there's a bunch of lucky dads here so...

Missed this yesterday.

Yeah, hope all the fathers had a good day.  Nice Thread punk.

Sounds like you have a lot of reasons to be proud Lon.

Dog - Very cool you got to see that movie with all your kids.  Hopefully all your oldest daughter's dates involve you and the father of the boy being there!

Great you got that card Scav!

I got to spend the day with my baby girl.  Not really a baby now at over two, but I still consider her one.  smile

^^^
I guess they stay babies all their lives, LoudLon calls her daughter baby girl and she's 12 so... lol

kXnPunk wrote:

I don't consider I could be a "good role model". AT ALL. Far from that to tell you the truth. lol

You'd be surprised how having a kid changes you, bro.  Before mine came along I was THE quintessential bachelor.  But the second the doctor put her in my arms it was like POW -- instant love.  Every decision I make now is with her in mind, because even thought I don't see her, I don't want to do anything that would make her not respect me. 

You've got a good heart, man.  That alone leaves you open to that kind of instant love having a kid will fill you with.  It really makes you look inward and want to better yourself, for them.

^ Word!

Yeah LoudLon, that's how I felt when Meredith was put in my arms after her mom and my bro first took her. I was the third to hold her.

Funny thing is that she started crying for the first time. lol

But I'm sure I'd change a lot and think about the baby first before everything.